Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

muike posted:

i don't really like the term wigger as it's both classist and racist but drat if it isn't fun to say "wigger slam"

This is the best genre name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

You are awesome.
Just doing my civic duty.

Nordick posted:

So, five members of Jess and the Ancient Ones (Jess included) have started up a side project, called The Exploding Eyes Orchestra, to "channel material which was incompatible with the Jess and the Ancient Ones concept."
Getting back on this, the first EEO album is streamable in full, for example here:

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2015/06/09/the-exploding-eyes-orchestra-i-stream-interview/

IMO this stuff seems to be just as excellent as Jess and the Ancient Ones, just without the occult flavour. Great stuff.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 11, 2015

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155646709925640&set=vb.237638635639&type=2&theater

Wormrot got a new drummer, so they're back in the studio.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Yeah boi we landed a gig or two supporting DEMILICH!

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
sick, congrats

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
congrats.

ive been streaming your album on spotify lately. im digging it.

edit: and now i just bought it on bandcamp.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You know what you must do. Document Antti Boman's pre-show vocal warmup exercises.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
does bandcamp rip off artists or is it as good for them as it is for the consumers? i find myself buying a lot of music due to convenience and i'm assuming a major portion goes to the artists. plus i get to throw extra money at people that i feel are worth it.

also i like sending people stupid increments of money like €14.88

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Bandcamp gets a 15% cut or thereabouts.

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

does bandcamp rip off artists or is it as good for them as it is for the consumers? i find myself buying a lot of music due to convenience and i'm assuming a major portion goes to the artists. plus i get to throw extra money at people that i feel are worth it.

If i remember correctly bandcamp takes the money from every tenth purchase for themselves. So if you only sell 9 copies of your album they don't take any money at all.

e: I'm wrong apparently. Ignore me.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I like buying merch from that bands at shows. I feel like I am personally contributing to their meals, gas, booze and hotel rooms.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I didn't even know the album was on bandcamp. Had to actually check if it was legit. Thanks for your support guy!

funeral fag fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 12, 2015

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
someone link me

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

How it works is, for every purchase made a percentage of that value is added to bandcamp's "balance". So if someone pays $5 for a download from my band, 15% or 75 cents is added to the balance. When the balance gets high enough, the money from another purchase goes to bandcamp to cover the balance you've built up, so if after 6 $5 purchases I've built up a balance of $4.50, then $4.50 out of the next $5 purchase goes to them. The artist can see the complete breakdown and balance on their end. Obviously a simple example but that's basically the system. Works out well for the artist, especially since you can make bandcamp your one-stop shop for merch and music streaming/purchases.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
The new BTBAM leaked. I don't know much about this band, didn't really like Colors, but I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to this album a whole lot.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Scrambles posted:

The new BTBAM leaked. I don't know much about this band, didn't really like Colors, but I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to this album a whole lot.

maybe you should check out Ghost.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT

Weaponized Cum posted:

maybe you should check out Ghost.

I don't know what your angle is here but this doesn't seem like a very good post.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
People with very rigid taste in music tend to lump together bands that don't fit in with their view of what "metal" should be. Hope that helps in explaining.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
only bands on metal-archives allowed itt

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Scrambles posted:

only bands on metal-archives allowed itt

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ghost/3540309157

phew thank god

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Quiet_Riot/1709

Search for Rosetta and you just get some one-album band called Rosetta Stone that nobody has ever heard of. Never change, M-A.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Lol you like what band????? Nice objectively bad opinion you loving piece of poo poo

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm listening to BTBAM - The Parallax II right now so HEH

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it annoys me endless that spotify has parallax I and SAYS they have 3 songs but when you try and listen to it they only have 1

what the gently caress

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New BTBAM is loving awesome. It reminds me of Dream Theater, except not absolutely terrible. Nothing they've done has really caught my attention since Colors but this one is special.

velvet milkman fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 12, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kumbamontu posted:

it annoys me endless that spotify has parallax I and SAYS they have 3 songs but when you try and listen to it they only have 1

what the gently caress

Spotify is loving trash but it pleases the masses.

Google Play is so much better.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm gonna be seeing Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed and The Dillenger Escape Plan tomorrow, what am I gonna be getting myself into?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Golem II posted:

I'm gonna be seeing Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed and The Dillenger Escape Plan tomorrow, what am I gonna be getting myself into?

A lot of this

But Dillinger puts on a fun show at least.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Trees and Squids posted:

It reminds me of Dream Theater, except not absolutely terrible.

This is a surprisingly compelling endorsement

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Golem II posted:

you might be scared for your life once DEP starts

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Weaponized Cum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA

I will say they play super duper cleanly for as much as they move around.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Weaponized Cum posted:

I want to see them live so badly, but I know I'll just be cowering in the back row, nodding my head gently to the rhythm

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Bonnaroo is livestreaming every performance, and as pertinent to this thread, I believe BTBAM will be on in 15 minutes or so.

http://www.avclub.com/article/livestream-bonnaroobilly-joel-run-jewels-lots-more-220603

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Vintersorg posted:

Spotify is loving trash but it pleases the masses.

Google Play is so much better.

Came to ask if Spotify or Google Play had a better metal selection or better radio/channels. Any one have opinions?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Google Play is better from using both. If you like sharing playlists and stuff and the social aspect of it you'll probably want Spotify though.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I wasn't super into Rivers of Nihil's first album, but this new song is sounding much better

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KingKapalone posted:

Came to ask if Spotify or Google Play had a better metal selection or better radio/channels. Any one have opinions?

I was never interested in Google Play but I used Spotify for quite a while. It was good but I've been sour on the whole streaming service thing so I ended up canceling like 7-8 months ago. I'm very interested in trying out Apple Music since I use all Apple poo poo and already buy 99% of my music via iTunes. Just kinda makes sense for me but at the same time I'm still iffy on streaming. I'm hoping it's good enough to convince me. I don't care about their Beats radio or whatever dumb poo poo they're promoting but the rest seems good.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The new Cultes Des Ghoules EP is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fIgRyIynf4

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Weaponized Cum posted:

Not a fan but that running across people's heads move is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
So, if you're in Houston near the end of the month, this thing looks like it's going to be kind of really loving cool.