Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Crown Vic's got some spots where the paint has worn down through to the primer especially on the hood, I think because the previous owner polished too much while trying to eliminate oxidation. Autozone has spray cans that are supposed to match factory colors. Anyone ever try those? I was thinking lay on a few coats of it then wet sand if needed? Might need to do the whole hood to get a good match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'll be at the Nurburgring in early August!

I'll be there mid September. Just stay for a bit! Imagine what a funny story we would have

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
So guys, hope this is the right place to put this:
I bought my car (Toyota RAV4 1999) 1 1/2 years ago, for about 3k€
Then, I repaired some chassis stuff for 1.5k last year for inspection.
Today, I put down another 1k and got inspection certified.
At the same time, I had it up for 3.3k starting, and now a guy wants to buy it. I really dont know if I should go for this, as I feel I'd really jsut gently caress myself over, especially after the last 1k I spent literally just today to get it all proper and neat.

E: Also, I don't exactly get a lot of interest in the car so yeah.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hmm. Just drove home and the boost guage is messed up. It won't move past 1psi even though it sounds and feels like it is building boost fully.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
Got the DORA on my upcoming Mustang. Ford knows about the order and is prepping to build it.

Yay!

Also, stuck in an all day new hire training thing. Plus side, I'm IT so my checking tickets on my phone isn't a bad thing.
Been here 6 months.
Bah.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

All this good news you guys are posting makes me stoked, grats fjelltorsk and erryone else! :v:

And to think, all I've got worth sharing is that next Tuesday i'll be picking up a GTX 970 for sweet gaming action.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Good news is I'm off on holiday for a few days in about 6 hours. Gonna go sit in the sunshine and get drunk.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
What does a millwright do?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

What does a millwright do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kn-XXNCG8o

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Terrible Robot posted:

I love that even when the cameras weren't rolling, the actors/extras playing the warboys would give Hugh Keays-Burne the V8 salute and shout Immortan! whenever he walked by.

I thought that was pretty cool myself. Totally something I would have done.

T1g4h posted:

I've been out of town the past few days and leica posted the music video, I felt it was required :v:

Not complaining - I watched it again!

Pham Nuwen posted:

What is it with Georgia and beer made with ginger (not ginger beer)? I had one in Athens a few years back that was fantastic, but I've never seen one like it elsewhere.

Edit: looking through old pictures, welcome to my college years:

(this was 2008)

Those old Sun monitors were so good...

Fedora spotted.
(the hat kind, not the Linux kind)

I loved the picture on my Viewsonic 21" Trinitron clone, but good GOD that thing was heavy, and gigantic.

N is for Nipples posted:

I finally get something AI-worthy and I'm relegated to the Cycle Ghetto.

But I don't care, so here's this:

Cool. I've got a Suzuki GS450L of similar vintage (1980) that I really need to maintenance and get back on the road. And I need to take the MSF Course and get my license (in TX, taking and passing the MSF is getting your license, basically.)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

Paramedic/fire department/building/winery/training horses/etc were all mostly side jobs or short duration full time.

I am sorry, but horse people are strange mother fuckers. Maybe I don't get it?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SEKCobra posted:

At the same time, I had it up for 3.3k starting, and now a guy wants to buy it. I really dont know if I should go for this, as I feel I'd really jsut gently caress myself over, especially after the last 1k I spent literally just today to get it all proper and neat.

I don't know where you live or what old Toyotas go for there, but old car prices tend to stay very stable no matter what work you've had done to it. Sell it or don't, but you probably aren't going to sell it for an extra 2.5K.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Crown Vic's got some spots where the paint has worn down through to the primer especially on the hood, I think because the previous owner polished too much while trying to eliminate oxidation. Autozone has spray cans that are supposed to match factory colors. Anyone ever try those? I was thinking lay on a few coats of it then wet sand if needed? Might need to do the whole hood to get a good match?

I picked up the Duplicolor factory match stuff at O'Reilly's for my white CV P71. Haven't tried it yet, though - maybe this weekend. I've got spots where the paint just flaked off. Build quality!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So this will probably be met with a mostly negative response, but the paint sucks on my E30, and I'm cheap. What color should I Plasti-dip it?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Fedora spotted.
(the hat kind, not the Linux kind)

It was actually a cowboy hat.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I feel like men who ride horses are pretty normal but that contact with horses does something to the female brain. Horse women are the weirdest people on the loving planet and they revel in it.

Bullshit, sign. Bullshit.

Darchangel posted:

I picked up the Duplicolor factory match stuff at O'Reilly's for my white CV P71. Haven't tried it yet, though - maybe this weekend. I've got spots where the paint just flaked off. Build quality!

If I can find the matching paint today, I may also try mine this weekend. It's a sort of metallic-looking silver, hopefully the paint code is still legible inside the door frame.

T-Square posted:

So this will probably be met with a mostly negative response, but the paint sucks on my E30, and I'm cheap. What color should I Plasti-dip it?

If the paint really truly is poo poo, and you have a garage and some spare time... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646944 roll-on Rustoleum worked out pretty well for me!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

If I can find the matching paint today, I may also try mine this weekend. It's a sort of metallic-looking silver, hopefully the paint code is still legible inside the door frame.

If not, using your vin will pull it up as well apparently! :toot:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

If not, using your vin will pull it up as well apparently! :toot:

I didn't have any luck with various vin-parsing websites :/

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

It's been forever since I last posted.

Saw Mad Max three times opening week. Life was pretty good for a long time after that, and then I got a new job in Oregon! Things are finally getting pretty exciting for me. :toot:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

T-Square posted:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Echoing what was already said. Dudes who ride horses tend to just view it as a hobby, like whatever else they do.

Women who ride horses are loving insane, weird, creepy people. Like cat ladies, but worse.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

T-Square posted:

This is the correct answer.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

T-Square posted:

Dazzle camo

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Welp the sticker in the door frame is gone, guess I'll call the Ford dealer and see if they can find it by the VIN

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

At the doctor's. Down another 4lbs since last month. Almost down to 200 again!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This was WAY too funny.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Horse chicks are crazy. Guys seem to be fine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Motronic posted:

Horse chicks are crazy.

Them thighs, tho.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This makes up for it, as long as you don't give them your real name and only a burner phone number.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Motronic posted:

This was WAY too funny.

Plumber vs Electrician is the best one.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Maybe I've never met the crazy ones. I'm alright with the idea seeing as it justifies a large barn/shop of some sort and something that can tow a heavy trailer. You know how many of my gearhead friends have had to argue about the benefits of those things?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Pham Nuwen posted:

It was actually a cowboy hat.

I feel like men who ride horses are pretty normal but that contact with horses does something to the female brain. Horse women are the weirdest people on the loving planet and they revel in it.

Bullshit, sign. Bullshit.

I rarely, if ever, say stuff like this... but yeah, that one's pretty much spot on. Horse women are a whole barrel full of insanity.

Spent a good couple of hours out of my morning fishing and wading in a lake. Clear water, a nice breeze... No fish, and I got cut short by rain. Can't win them all, but a bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Shot of the lake as the storm rolled in.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pham Nuwen posted:

Welp the sticker in the door frame is gone, guess I'll call the Ford dealer and see if they can find it by the VIN

http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

Should give you an idea. Narrow it down by year/make/model and you can probably find the paint code.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

SEKCobra posted:

Take the offer. Cars in general do not appreciate if all you are doing is putting money into maintaining it.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The more I hang around dog people, the more I realize they're like the lite version of horse people. Just as weird, but with less money and less of a commitment to crazy. I get followed by a lot of Instagram accounts that are owners posting as their dogs, and they even interact with each other on my page through their dog's POV.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

SFH1989 posted:

Dazzle camo
SFH got it right, dazzle camo. Or this...

Pham Nuwen posted:

poo poo, now you guys tell me horse chicks are nuts. How the hell I didn't hear about this until after I start seeing one is a mystery. She doesn't know where I live yet which might be a good thing.

goatse guy posted:

The more I hang around dog people, the more I realize they're like the lite version of horse people. Just as weird, but with less money and less of a commitment to crazy. I get followed by a lot of Instagram accounts that are owners posting as their dogs, and they even interact with each other on my page through their dog's POV.
Dog people can be nuts, some a lot worse than others. Mom shows them and a lot of the people I've met through here are loving basket cases.

Nightcrawler popped up on Netflix, half way through and not bad.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

goatse guy posted:

Yeah, I don't get that. I love dogs, and am very much a "they're better than people" person, but they're still animals, and I think of them as such.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

Should give you an idea. Narrow it down by year/make/model and you can probably find the paint code.

Well there are a lot that look pretty close... all the pictures on that site are terrible. I may have to go in to the store with a chunk of cardboard and ask them to spray a quick blast of each color so I can compare.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Someone do a photoshop of how a dazzle camo e46 m3 would look. It's for a project

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

quote:

poo poo, now you guys tell me horse chicks are nuts. How the hell I didn't hear about this until after I start seeing one is a mystery. She doesn't know where I live yet which might be a good thing.

Horse girls always have the crazy. Severity can vary but it's always there.

If she isn't showing it now then it's only a matter of time before you experience it!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

leica posted:

I'd say wait for an RS but the dealer markup is going to be retarded so just get an EVO.

Unless you could afford a used GTR.

[e] you said four doors, never mind the GTR then I guess

I'd love a GTR, but I don't think I can afford one.

Maybe some day I'll meet up with the local goon that owns one and he'll try to talk me in to buying one.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

I have this and it works really well. They cost about $20-$30. They're a little awkward to type on at first.

Speed6?

Doesn't Mazda have a lot of problems with rust lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Buy an m3 op. Like me, babe culture.

I don't think I want to have a rolling advertisement that I'm a gigantic douche. :)

• Locked thread