Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

euroboy posted:

He withdrew part of the loyalty payment I think

So everyone who gets sold without having submitted a transfer request gets a loyalty payment. How much are loyalty payments for though? Some set percentage of the remaining wages on their contract :confused:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Depay to United is a finally done deal

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-eindhoven.aspx

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
LVG giving off some quality Swiss Toni vibes there.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PirateBob posted:

So everyone who gets sold without having submitted a transfer request gets a loyalty payment. How much are loyalty payments for though? Some set percentage of the remaining wages on their contract :confused:

The outstanding balance of their signing on fee.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

i still am not sure who this is but since he went there i'm assuming hes poo poo, terrible transfer etc. but if he went to liverpool maybe there'd have been something about yhim, a diamond in the rough

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

EvilHawk posted:

It's another done deal: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/186940-reds-agree-terms-with-adam-bogdan

Liverpool doing all their mediocre business early leaving plenty of time to sign the big hitters right? Right?

Those three were always going to be done early as they were frees (Ings is a tribunal, but same difference) and as such, need to be sorted because another club could come in and offer them contracts. No reason to prolong them. Players who will cost an actual fee will require negotiation with the selling clubs and are less urgent.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tbp posted:

i still am not sure who this is but since he went there i'm assuming hes poo poo, terrible transfer etc. but if he went to liverpool maybe there'd have been something about yhim, a diamond in the rough

Agreed, OP looks like some Big Game-Bottling Foreign Failmyth

Imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mickolution posted:

Those three were always going to be done early as they were frees (Ings is a tribunal, but same difference) and as such, need to be sorted because another club could come in and offer them contracts. No reason to prolong them. Players who will cost an actual fee will require negotiation with the selling clubs and are less urgent.

This is Moneyball, fella. You're not there to do any of that "transfer fee" nonsense.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Martinez to AC Milan is gaining traction.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Weaponized Cum posted:

Martinez to AC Milan is gaining traction.

I'm seeing it confirmed on several trustworthy sources, and a rumored Milan confirmation somewhere. No bold yet though.

E: Also, seeing rumors of Chelsea offering 90m for Pogba. Would hate to see him go to Chelsea but Jesus Christ that's a lot of money.

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 12, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bogdan has a sweet ginger bowl cut and I'm alright with that

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
will juve be able to retain pogba and vidal after the summer?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

It's ok you signed Adam Bogdan to stop all of his shots.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Jackson to AC has been confirmed by the Porto president on the official Porto tv Channel IDK how much more confirmation can you get?

I wonder if AC Milan could sign someone Like Arda Turan

PerpetualSelf fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 13, 2015

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jackson to Milan is probably a step down for him really. At least with Porto he'll get champions league football.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Vegetable posted:

Jackson to Milan is probably a step down for him really. At least with Porto he'll get champions league football.

If Ibra really is signing they will win the league and play CL football next year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle signing Charlie Austin would be cool and good. Also seeing rumours that Bolo Zenden is going to be McClaren's assistant

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Parody Threads posted:

If Ibra really is signing they will win the league and play CL football next year.

Lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Newcastle signing Charlie Austin would be cool and good. Also seeing rumours that Bolo Zenden is going to be McClaren's assistant

Would love a bit of Zenden as an assistant

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bovril Delight posted:

Would love a bit of Zenden as an assistant

I've no idea if he's any good at all

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

I've no idea if he's any good at all

Can't be worse than his dancing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jose posted:

but he deleted it so vOv

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Some Croatian newspaper claims that Liverpool and Inter agreed a €25m fee for Kovacic.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

trem_two posted:

Some Croatian newspaper claims that Liverpool and Inter agreed a €25m fee for Kovacic.

This has been running for a couple of weeks. All of the "official" ITKs say that there's nothing to it, yet it keeps going round.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

trem_two posted:

How good is he?

I'm always super wary of signing players from Italy as the football is so different and most of them don't adapt. Hopefully, due to his age, it will be easier though.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ewar Woowar posted:

How good is he?

I'm always super wary of signing players from Italy as the football is so different and most of them don't adapt. Hopefully, due to his age, it will be easier though.
I've heard a lot of good things about him, and he did that back heel lob the other day that was p. cool.

I think I watched every Croatia game at the world cup and I don't remember him at all. But he's only 21 so he might have developed a lot over the last season as he was getting linked to a few clubs before the Liverpool rumours really got going.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Hoops posted:

I've heard a lot of good things about him, and he did that back heel lob the other day that was p. cool.

I think I watched every Croatia game at the world cup and I don't remember him at all. But he's only 21 so he might have developed a lot over the last season as he was getting linked to a few clubs before the Liverpool rumours really got going.

He actually regressed quite a bit after Mancini came back to Inter, or really more accurately he just didn't play much anymore. Under Mazzarri he was quite good.

It's dumb for Inter to sell him and replace him with Felipe Melo or Thiago Motta or some other old garbageman, but it seems like Mancini doesn't want to use Kovacic, and if that transfer fee rumor is accurate at least they're getting a good price.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

trem_two posted:

He actually regressed quite a bit after Mancini came back to Inter, or really more accurately he just didn't play much anymore. Under Mazzarri he was quite good.

It's dumb for Inter to sell him and replace him with Felipe Melo or Thiago Motta or some other old garbageman, but it seems like Mancini doesn't want to use Kovacic, and if that transfer fee rumor is accurate at least they're getting a good price.

Last time we bought a player from Inter that they underused it worked out pretty well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Ewar Woowar posted:

Last time we bought a player from Inter that they underused it worked out pretty well.

Yeah the similarities of the situation are uncanny.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I think the news about getting Coutinho was the happiest I ever felt about a Liverpool transfer.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Didn't Inter sell Coutinho because he was broken all the time? Hardly the same situation imo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Didn't Inter sell Coutinho because he was broken all the time? Hardly the same situation imo

I was pretty sure it had more to do with the coach at the time not rating him/not knowing how to use him. I remember reading how most Inter supporters were livid that the club allowed him to leave.

I had my doubts about him- he was a slight Brazilian coming from the Serie A, but as soon as I saw him play I was absolutely blown away by how good he was. We didn't see too much of it this season, because of the whole no striker thing, but his through balls (often with the outside of his foot) are just amazing. Honestly I wouldn't shed a tear over any of our players being sold except for Coutinho. The team should be built around him.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

actually balotelli played like crap for you

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Breath Ray posted:

actually balotelli played like crap for you

Shouldn't be making transfer history mistakes in this thread of all threads

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

Wasn't it Mancini then as well?

trem_two posted:

Yeah the similarities of the situation are uncanny.

It's crazy, I hope it works out just as well for inter :troll:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It's crazy, I hope it works out just as well for inter :troll:

Me too.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

pik_d posted:

Shouldn't be making transfer history mistakes in this thread of all threads

No, he shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
There's talk that Inter are in for Ondrej Duda, the wonder kid that was the best Legia player in Autumn. He then got injured and lazy during the winter break, spent most of his time shopping and getting tattoos, and played miserably for the remainder of the season. Sounds like a perfect fit for Inter, imo.

• Locked thread