Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In her defense "Fraggle" wasn't on the forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://youtu.be/oKRj_h7vmMM?t=496

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fuckin' lol'in

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Well I guess her silver lining is she'll have no need to fake getting hate mail any more, at least for a while.

How desperate for an identity do you have to be to pull something like this?
:wtc:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

She'll manufacture a Kenyan birth certificate for herself.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

not caring here posted:

Don't loving ask me how, but it looks like Colt is broke. I remember before getting out running a detail of prives that all we did was unload crates of M4s for 2 weeks. It was a gently caress load of rifles. And apparently they can't pay their bills.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/business/iconic-gunmaker-colt-is-on-the-brink-of-bankruptcy/33503588

That's what happens when you focus on military contracts and completely ignore civilian sales.

Also, wonder what she did that her parents outed her? That's pretty mad when your own family shames you publicly.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

sky shark posted:

That's what happens when you focus on military contracts and completely ignore civilian sales.

Also, wonder what she did that her parents outed her? That's pretty mad when your own family shames you publicly.

Yeah, no money in those federal contracts. It was definitely a cashflow problem

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Slim Pickens posted:

Dude just wanted to draw a bubble bath for all those jets :kiddo:

(Not the same mess)

ded posted:

The airbrake is what makes the picture special.

Good friend of mine was down there when this happened. To see the best part take a look at the F-15 wing closest to the camera. Notice the exposed structural members? Yeah, that's because that tail was down for phase or a depot mod or something and had all sorts of panels pulled off of it when the foam went off. So yeah, clean-up for that one was even more of a bitch than it would normally be since instead of the foam being contained on the outside of the aircraft it got all over the insides as well.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

She'll manufacture a Kenyan birth certificate for herself.

She can just borrow Obamas.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah, no money in those federal contracts. It was definitely a cashflow problem

Civilian and LE sales would have helped out quite a bit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

I found her LinkedIn

lmbo

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Flikken posted:

Civilian and LE sales would have helped out quite a bit.

Their two main product lines are
- AR-15s/M4s, which are at the the bottom of their market because everyone who wanted one bought one after Obama got elected, and bought two more after Sandy Hook, and there are dozens of manufacturers making comparable products.
and
- 1911s, which are hard to produce economically compared to other pistols, not being widely used by police or the military, and are competing with dozens of manufacturers making a similar product.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

So as I quoted above, there's a goon in the Aero Insanity thread who actually works in today's foam hangar. This is too good:

Phanatic posted:

So the guys were using hoses to get rid of the foam and somehow the spray tripped a sensor and the alarm went off again.

Not my test program, not my aircraft, not my problem. Good thing the EMARSS plane with the door open was in the next hangar over or there would be more of an issue being made about this.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

bitcoin bastard posted:

So as I quoted above, there's a goon in the Aero Insanity thread who actually works in today's foam hangar. This is too good:

It's not the same hangar. The thing on Kadena happened back in May, Phanatic's incident happened a couple hours ago.

\/ The thing on Kadena is the drunk Marine story that kicked this whole thing off. That happened back in May. The story just broke today but the foaming of the hangar happened back in May. The picture is from something that happened back in...I dunno, 2012 or something down at Eglin. Phanatic's incident happened a couple of hours ago somewhere in the U.S., not Japan. \/

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 12, 2015

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Right I know the picture isn't from there, I'm just laughing that someone on the forums is actually dealing with this mess right now.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Their two main product lines are
- AR-15s/M4s, which are at the the bottom of their market because everyone who wanted one bought one after Obama got elected, and bought two more after Sandy Hook, and there are dozens of manufacturers making comparable products.
and
- 1911s, which are hard to produce economically compared to other pistols, not being widely used by police or the military, and are competing with dozens of manufacturers making a similar product.

On top of that the M4s aren't cash cows for Colt, the profit margin on an issued M4 is nowhere near as high as a civvie AR-15

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gently caress Colt

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

iyaayas01 posted:

It's not the same hangar. The thing on Kadena happened back in May, Phanatic's incident happened a couple hours ago.

\/ The thing on Kadena is the drunk Marine story that kicked this whole thing off. That happened back in May. The story just broke today but the foaming of the hangar happened back in May. The picture is from something that happened back in...I dunno, 2012 or something down at Eglin. Phanatic's incident happened a couple of hours ago somewhere in the U.S., not Japan. \/

Drunk Marines ruin everything at Kadena/Okinawa in general.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Don't act like you didn't tap them like a natural resource.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Whoops misunderstood where the drunk Marine story came from. I wanted to believe...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

and sober ones ruin the Marine Corps

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Drunk Marines on Okinawa ruin poo poo for people on the mainland too :smith:

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

This hit the black media/news and the reaction is universal, laughter, then horror, like, its literally a reverse Chapelle show skit.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
On the topic of drunk Marines ruining everything...

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Lol holy poo poo that loving drinking policy only just got rescinded last year?

Thank gently caress I didn't reup

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Hahahahahaha. "ATTENTION USFJ, ALL PERSONNEL ARE TO ARRIVE CARRYING PERSONAL LUBRICANT AND HAVING COMPLETED THE APPROVED WARM-UP STRETCHES AT 0700 MONDAY MORNING."

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

You have to give SedanChair some credit for at least being more politically active than most D&D posters.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
http://gcaptain.com/arctic-protests-activists-climb-anchor-chain-of-shell-vessel-in-washington/#.VXtKoUbn_K0

DHS and associated programs continue to remain a useless moneypit.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hippies are the worst.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Where are their TWIC cards?!?!
They're not cleared for that!

If they had been from the land of sand and genies you think the Coasties would've lit 'em up with a -240?

Also, hilarious that an American needs a TWIC to access port facilities BUT foreign sailors don't as they can't get TWICs, so just an access list and mariner cred and good to go Hans/Wang/Rajiv...

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Dingleberry posted:

Where are their TWIC cards?!?!
They're not cleared for that!

If they had been from the land of sand and genies you think the Coasties would've lit 'em up with a -240?

Also, hilarious that an American needs a TWIC to access port facilities BUT foreign sailors don't as they can't get TWICs, so just an access list and mariner cred and good to go Hans/Wang/Rajiv...

Funny, I saw the same comments from my friends. Northrop is making a killing selling that snakeoil. That poo poo is so stupid and should make every mariner furious but oh well.

Also, foreign mariners from certain countries can get a lot of poo poo from the USCG, DHS, Border Patrol, ICE.... They just don't have to gently caress with TWICs.

Here's the Mercy incident

http://gcaptain.com/uss-arizona-memorial-military-sealift-command-to-lead-investigation/#.VXt061rn_qA

The memorial was still closed last week when I was in Honolulu, hopefully it will be open when we get back.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dingleberry posted:

To be completly honest the CG would not give a single floating gently caress if some retarded as hell dirty weed smoking hippies would try to chain themselves to a barge (not the non-functioning oil platform) regardless of their race. Also I have no idea if there is a active security zone with CG assets surrounding the oil platform at this time.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

To be completly honest the CG would not give a single floating gently caress if some retarded as hell dirty weed smoking hippies would try to chain themselves to a barge (not the non-functioning oil platform) regardless of their race. Also I have no idea if there is a active security zone with CG assets surrounding the oil platform at this time.

Only time I've seen anything of that caliber was at Concord Naval Weapons Station with a ship in port.

Edit: As far as the merchant fleet is concerned at least. There's not a lot anyone can do to the legs of that thing really without putting a LOT of effort in and with that much effort there's better targets. The USCG used to ride ships with a man and rifle in the control room, steering gear and on the bridge during manouvering into and out of port but that was only around 9/11.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 13, 2015

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

In a "I couldn't make this poo poo up" news story... Country singer dies in shoot out with Bounty Hunter.

DARPA contest entertainment

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Outlaw Country, Whoooooooo!!!!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The margins on a competitive government contract have to be by definition atrocious. The way to do government contracting right is either lie your rear end off to get the contract then do just enough they don't fire you before break even, or be in a field so hosed up you can name your price.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
lol thread title.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

sky shark posted:

Outlaw Country, Whoooooooo!!!!
/

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Best Friends posted:

The margins on a competitive government contract have to be by definition atrocious. The way to do government contracting right is either lie your rear end off to get the contract then do just enough they don't fire you before break even, or be in a field so hosed up you can name your price.

I heard a number like around 3% is what you can expect for profit from a govt. contract and still run it to the standards the government gave you. That or you underperform and cheap out on everything and get what you can out of it before you get the contract yanked out from under you after a year. "Lowest bid technically acceptable" is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

lightpole posted:

Only time I've seen anything of that caliber was at Concord Naval Weapons Station with a ship in port.

Edit: As far as the merchant fleet is concerned at least. There's not a lot anyone can do to the legs of that thing really without putting a LOT of effort in and with that much effort there's better targets. The USCG used to ride ships with a man and rifle in the control room, steering gear and on the bridge during manouvering into and out of port but that was only around 9/11.

Security zones are more common then you think, I know what the CG does un the Bay Area (like the Concord/Port of Chicago thing you mentioned). But I have no idea how they do it or what they have in Sector Puget Sound.

• Locked thread