Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

so...lesbians

C'mon man that's practically mainstream now, it's not hot unless it's literally illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

no one is going to get together with anybody because that's actually illegal to depict in a anime that's not specifically a romance.

might as fuckin well be anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

no one is going to get together with anybody because that's actually illegal to depict in a anime that's not specifically a romance.

might as fuckin well be anyway

Depressingly enough the only thing I can think of where this isn't true is Akame Ga Kill. And predictably that doesn't end well.

I guess the end of some Tomino stuff but there's never any actual romance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

define 'specifically a romance,' because people are so weird about anime genres that once something has explicit romance it gets labelled one

like, gurren lagann totally has tons of romantic elements and makes a big thematic point about it, but would you call it a 'romance' anime? and i mean, the only couple that's together at the end are dayakka and kittan's sister,

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The main couple in Steins;Gate are pretty clearly together by the end (especially if you count the OVA, and you should count the OVA for everything, because holy poo poo that customs scene), and it would be hard to call their romance the A-plot even if it is important.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hyouka?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i can think of many anime, where the couple gets together

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

dogsicle posted:

so...lesbians
I'm not opposed but they've kind of already shot down that option for the time being.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just me or is that kiki from kiki's delivery service on the left

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nehezir posted:

I'm not opposed but they've kind of already shot down that option for the time being.

it's okay, i've moved on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

unfortunately, this is also from a country where depictions of heterosexual Student-Teacher romance are still slightly more tasteful and acceptable than homosexual romance between students if for no other reason than the former has been around longer.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of my thoughts on this episode: 1) I love natsuki 2) I love natsuki 3) natsuki is beautiful 4) I love her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The second auditions in front of a bunch people sounds really hosed up and stupid. An experienced conductor should pick his parts, not a bunch of teens.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

dogsicle posted:

it's okay, i've moved on

She has my blessing.

I normally don't care about yuri but this show has me supporting just about any couple, expect KaoriXBratface.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mikl posted:

By the way, even if I'm disappointed they didn't go with the Reina/Kumiko pairing, I do not mind the senseicrush at all. Lots of schoolgirls have crushes on men who are their senior. What I would mind is if they actually ended up in a relationship (please don't do this Kyoani).

It could be very interesting f done well, but you're kidding yourself if anyone, straight, gay, illegal or otherwise even express shared interest in one another in this show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It could be very interesting f done well, but you're kidding yourself if anyone, straight, gay, illegal or otherwise even express shared interest in one another in this show.
there's a passage of the book where kumiko and reina basically get to second base

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

there's a passage of the book where kumiko and reina basically get to second base

:mrgw:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

it's called a double bass

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The second auditions in front of a bunch people sounds really hosed up and stupid. An experienced conductor should pick his parts, not a bunch of teens.

Having the band vote is mostly dumb, but the auditions in front of the band makes sense, especially for high profile chairs and solos. It's a straightforward way to weed out the people who get nervous performing for an audience, which, you know, is the ultimate goal of a band.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mederlock posted:

I hope they make it a blind audition (ie. They play behind a curtain and the students can't tell who's playing)

I've never seen this happen. But I've never seen a band vote thingy.

Besides, the band members who actually know/care can tell who's playing without seeing them anyways.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The situation here is a bit different tho since people are freaking out over favoritism and the senpai is more popular by far too. Blame bow girl imo.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

SC Bracer posted:

The situation here is a bit different tho since people are freaking out over favoritism and the senpai is more popular by far too. Blame bow girl imo.

Believe in the power of nakamamusic. Reina's gonna be swimming in pussy after dismantling this challenge.

But yes, bow girl should be blamed for everything, most importantly, for sucking at trumpet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

But yes, bow girl should be blamed for everything, most importantly, for sucking at trumpet.

I thought she was cranky because she wasn't getting a chance to do that?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I thought she was cranky because she wasn't getting a chance to do that?

Bow Girl = Yoshikawa Yuuko, one of the 5 trumpets that made it. She's cranky because she doesn't get to grind all over Kaori's dick since Kaori didn't get the solo part.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think you got the joke that was being made

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Even though i'm still annoyed (with myself) for thinking that a mainstream kyoani anime would have a straightforward and confirmed gay couple in one of their shows it turns out that Sound! Euphonium is still a pretty great little bit of storytelling. All the characters are interesting and i like watching them interact with each other, even the ones that are jerks.

anyway here's some gifs i found.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

i dont think you got the joke that was being made

I have no time for jokes, only serious music discussion and yuri projection.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yuri ending isn't dead!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arisu posted:

Yuri ending isn't dead!
this has been a rollercoaster ride

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Holy poo poo, KyoAni, now you're just being evil.

Hell of an episode, though.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Oh yeah, the rest of the episode was pretty good too.

This is a good anime.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

E3 has left me over excitable so I might leave this episode til tomorrow.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Being over excitable is the best time to watch this episode imo.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Thread appropriate music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p5OyLFQLCc

Thank you, Based Kyoto Animation.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm glad, and i never stopped believing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This show is great even if it's practically trolling me at this point.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seriously, that ep was hella tense. How do you make an audition for the lead solo part in a high-school band feel like a fuckin' Kaiji episode?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, that ep was hella tense. How do you make an audition for the lead solo part in a high-school band feel like a fuckin' Kaiji episode?
by writing good characters that people care about

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yowza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'll never stop believing.

• Locked thread