Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Diet Poison posted:

I had no books in my pull this week so I picked up Constantine 'cause the store owner's pushing it 'cause Rossmo's from here in Saskatoon (and then defected, like half our goddamn citizens, to Calgary). I was impressed! My first DC book since I dropped N52 Detective three issues in (not counting Purple Rain Batgirl which I haven't read) so I hope it stays this good.
Has Constantine always swung both ways? Literally all I knew about him going in was that he's a British chainsmoker with a hell connection.

John's been bi since Azzarello's run at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

John's been bi since Azzarello's run at least.

He mentioned ex boyfriends in issue 51 so he has been bi for a long time.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 11, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is Bat-Briareos rad

i really want that to be rad

anything that's just willing to straight rip Masamune Shirow's aesthetic off like that has my support automatically

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Stupid phone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

He mentioned ex boyfriends in issue 51 so he has been bi for a long time.

I said at least!

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I tried to give Harley a chance but nope, isn't a book I like. Is still too random and when a Popeye ripoff showed up

This guy?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Red Hood/Arsenal was everything I wanted and more :allears:

This is actually kinda humorous, I'll admit. I'd buy a full comic of Roy Harper, Awful Hero™.

Does DC have those little AR codes? Maybe on every page you can scan one to play a sad trombone noise.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Did they reboot Starfire again for some reason (beyond the stupid idiot reason from the last reboot).

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The results of the last reboot is a good reason to reboot her.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TwoPair posted:

This is actually kinda humorous, I'll admit. I'd buy a full comic of Roy Harper, Awful Hero™.

Does DC have those little AR codes? Maybe on every page you can scan one to play a sad trombone noise.

It gets better

:haw:

Have I said yet how much I like Medri's work the title?

:allears:

You guys can check his designs and sketches here

sbaldrick posted:

Did they reboot Starfire again for some reason (beyond the stupid idiot reason from the last reboot).

Yes and no.

Palmiotti and Conner use Lobdell's origin and background (glossing over her time with the Outlaws) but despite Kori being well adapted and quite savy during her time with the boys now suddenly she doesn't understand human currency or the concepts of work and dying of old age. This creates a pretty jarring characterization that at least for me, was enough to kill any interest I've had on the character.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This creates a pretty jarring characterization that at least for me, was enough to kill any interest I've had on the character.

This is what we call a net positive.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

sbaldrick posted:

Yeah they gave it to Conner and Pamiotti. They are giving her more clothing, a Powergirl-like story run, and moving her to Key West, Florida.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
The new Starfire is really good. I just wish Conner had done all of the art, like in Power Girl. Still, Conner is the hero that DC deserves.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
September's theme for Variants is Motherfucking Green Lantern :rock:

Just look at these beauties

First variant month wher eI might go out of my way to get some variants. Shame that RH/A isn't included though :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wow, most of those are absurdly lazy. "Here is Robin! Also Hal Jordan doing a basically unrelated thing nearby."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Wow, most of those are absurdly lazy. "Here is Robin! Also Hal Jordan doing a basically unrelated thing nearby."

That one looks like two different covers. The Justice League one looks like they just replaced Superman with Green Lantern. I know I have seen the Green Arrow one or one really close to it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Super disappointing after the flash covers

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Of course the covers with Hal Jordan on them are the most boring :v:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Some of those are okay, I like the Doc Shaner Black Canary one.

But yeah this is probably the worst variant theme month after those abominable Chip Kidd covers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
These artists are presumably not self-absorbed douchebags so they have that over kidd too

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Semper Fudge posted:

Some of those are okay, I like the Doc Shaner Black Canary one.

But yeah this is probably the worst variant theme month after those abominable Chip Kidd covers.

I don't remember the Chip Kidd ones. Some of these are pretty good though, although DT chose to showcase like, the worst ones. What on Earth is going on in the Green Arrow one?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

catlord posted:

I don't remember the Chip Kidd ones. Some of these are pretty good though, although DT chose to showcase like, the worst ones. What on Earth is going on in the Green Arrow one?

A fight between GA and GL. It made me laugh :v:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

Ollie learned that Hal is an advocate of the Expanding Earth hypothesis.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

catlord posted:

I think the Green Arrow one is funny, only Hal would try and grab that bow instead of getting out of the way :v:

Incidentally have they gone back to the classic tufted look for Ollie now? Clean-shaven Green Arrow will just always feel wrong to me, gotta say.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 12, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Don't post any of the good looking/interesting ones or nothing.

or at least the one with tiny Harley squatting on his head.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

First variant month wher eI might go out of my way to get some variants.

After the Darwyn Cooke, Mike Allred and movie poster months we've just had?
I try not to get mad at you...

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 12, 2015

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Darwyn Cooke ones were just completely off the chain amazing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hal Jordan Poses for Comic Book Cover

head58
Apr 1, 2013

That Cliff Chiang Batman/Alan Scott cover made me a little weak in the knees.

Also I love that they got Neal Adams to actually do the GL/GA cover. I thought it was just a good homage at first.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

That Sinestro cover is the tightest poo poo, I don't know how I missed it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

That Aquaman / Green Lantern cover needs to lead to a crossover, because it makes so much sense:
GL as a light source in the darkest sections of the ocean,
GL exploring the deep as if it were an alien planet,
Aquaman having to teach GL the ways of Atlantis, thereby giving readers a bigger appreciation of how his world functions

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Needs more John, Guy, Kyle, and Kilawog. :colbert: Although that Alan Scott one is boss.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

September's theme for Variants is Motherfucking Green Lantern :rock:

Just look at these beauties

First variant month wher eI might go out of my way to get some variants. Shame that RH/A isn't included though :(

This reminds me of that drawing where the guy's shooting up and his arm is also Jesus's arm and Jesus is struggling like NOOOOOOOO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Hal forgot that he has a power ring on that cover.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Looks like Hal forgot that he has a power ring on that cover.

Whenever you notice something like that, his ring has run out of power.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yes and no.

Palmiotti and Conner use Lobdell's origin and background (glossing over her time with the Outlaws) but despite Kori being well adapted and quite savy during her time with the boys now suddenly she doesn't understand human currency or the concepts of work and dying of old age. This creates a pretty jarring characterization that at least for me, was enough to kill any interest I've had on the character.

Uh, she clearly understands the concepts but well, a princess-turned-slave/lab rat is pretty much not going to have any practical experience of jobhunting. It's not 'what is 'work'?' so much as Kimmy Schmidt not knowing how to apply for a job. And she knew about death pretty clearly too, she just, unlike in Red Hood, displayed empathy (which is supposed to be Tamaran's hat) and was immediately expressing that for the sheriff's loss.

In case you can't tell, I liked Starfire #1 a LOT. (Especially the 'More English?' gag.)

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

In other Starfire news I think Palmiotti is teasing the return of Atlee in this interview.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Semper Fudge posted:

In other Starfire news I think Palmiotti is teasing the return of Atlee in this interview.

Aren't he and Amanda basically ignoring Earth 2/New 52 stuff in Harley/PG anyway?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Aren't he and Amanda basically ignoring Earth 2/New 52 stuff in Harley/PG anyway?

They've said HQ/PG takes place between two panels of their old Power Girl series.

e: Oh. It's between panels of an HQ issue. That's way less interesting.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 13, 2015

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, she clearly understands the concepts but well, a princess-turned-slave/lab rat is pretty much not going to have any practical experience of jobhunting. It's not 'what is 'work'?' so much as Kimmy Schmidt not knowing how to apply for a job. And she knew about death pretty clearly too, she just, unlike in Red Hood, displayed empathy (which is supposed to be Tamaran's hat) and was immediately expressing that for the sheriff's loss.

In case you can't tell, I liked Starfire #1 a LOT. (Especially the 'More English?' gag.)

This was exactly my interpretation. It's an obvious reaction to the justified uproar over Nu52 Starfire. This is more of a return to her NTT roots mixed with the cartoon version, which is a substantial improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bottom right corner. :stare:

• Locked thread