Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Mosnar posted:

I'm not a huge fan of ENB presets, yet still a huge fan of ENB itself. Especially with SweetFX.

Every preset I've played with always had something I felt needed tweaking. Endless tweaking. I-should-be-working-now tweaking. And for someone like myself with little knowledge about exactly what effect tweaking X preset will have on the game, this becomes a little frustrating.

So, I searched on SweetFX settings for assistance and found: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=137 Much like NVConfigurator, it's an interface to tweak your SweetFX settings without the bewildering array and haphazard interaction of .ini/.txt files. Very handy. Hope it helps someone.

Also, Road Report: my extreme loading screen issue likely stemmed from a TTW/MCM conflict, an issue that has been addressed in the latest version of TTW.

Is there any preset that isn't an overly contrasted mess and looks generally 'normal but better'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

maev posted:

Is there any preset that isn't an overly contrasted mess and looks generally 'normal but better'?

Exactly my frustration.

Phoneposting; screenshot later.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The default ENB preset enabled Good Shadows (TM), some other effects, and removes the orange tint, which is good enough IMO. You won't be getting skyrim-quality ENB for New Vegas, and any preset out there usually has a ton of issues (bleeding around the edges of the image, transparency nonsense) or is just a pain in the rear end to get working.

I use Realistic Wasteland Lighting (files only) + Realistic Wasteland Lighting (ENB esp) + the default ENB preset and it looks pretty good.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Quick mod question.

I downloaded this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47488/

Used the Project Nevada edition for the visors. The problem is the red/black outcast version of the armour (the one I like!) refuses to display the visor in first person once I exit and reload the game. The reskinned normal armour in the mod doesn't have this issue, nor do any other helmets I have. Any ideas on whats up?

:edit:

Fixed with copious use of FNVE

maev fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 11, 2015

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Mosnar posted:

Exactly my frustration.

Phoneposting; screenshot later.

New TTW run, so I haven't hit the Mojave Wasteland yet.

ENB .247 with SweetFX. Still tweaking.

Days look ok. Not great, but ok.

Interiors, not bad.

It's not green.

Nights need work.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
:edit: resolved

maev fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 11, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Project Nevada looks really cool and it changes many things, but I'm wondering what it DOESN'T change so there's no conflict with other stuff

I assume PN doesn't change karma so I can use Color Me Evil, Perks/Traits so I can use Expanded Traits and locations so I can use NVInteriors Project/Custom houses/Roleplay-Start ?

e: wooops should have read the OP

frajaq fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 11, 2015

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Anybody have a link handy to that version of Lombard Station that somebody made last month that lets you use it as a travel point between the wastelands in TTW?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I've installed the Secret Stash and the radio extender mod, and the songs play but there's often really long stretches of silence between songs. Did I gently caress something up or is it supposed to be like that

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I made a mod that adds a 9mm pistol with 10mm pistol stats that uses 10mm ammo. I want to set it up so it uses the WMX silencer mod, and I've set up the "mod info" tab on my new gun to be exactly the same as the 9mm pistol with fallout.esm and weaponmodsexpanded.esm loaded ahead of my file. When I load it in game, it doesn't work, and when I open the GECK again, it erased most of the changes I made. Has anyone else run into issues making weapon mods stick?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
WMX's main plugin isn't an esm, and that's why you're having that problem; the game itself doesn't care if masters are esps or esms, but the GECK does, for whatever reason. You'll need to either temporarily "esmify" WMX in FNVEdit, or use this fork of the GECK Power-up. Or just do it all in FNVEdit.

Edit: Yep, and WMX doesn't use esms for anything, to be clear.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Antistar01 fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 12, 2015

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Antistar01 posted:

WMX's main plugin isn't an esm, and that's why you're having that problem; the game itself doesn't care if masters are esps or esms, but the GECK does, for whatever reason. You'll need to either temporarily "esmify" WMX in FNVEdit, or use this fork of the GECK Power-up. Or just do it all in FNVEdit.

sorry, I am loading the .esp, I just made a typo.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Anyone had trouble with jsawyer, CCO, and Expanded traits producing duplicate traits? Some traits are listed multiple times and have three or four different versions. Some are just straight duplicates. Tried uninstalling expanded traits but I'm still getting the problem. Already sorted and did a merged patch multiple times. After trying to fix it for a while I thought, oh well, I'll just pick one and now my character has somehow acquired two different versions of the skilled trait, one that gives 20% less xp and and one that gives 30% less. Haven't played long so its not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to take out those two mods because otherwise its pretty great and TOTW is amazing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Anyone had trouble with jsawyer, CCO, and Expanded traits producing duplicate traits? Some traits are listed multiple times and have three or four different versions. Some are just straight duplicates. Tried uninstalling expanded traits but I'm still getting the problem. Already sorted and did a merged patch multiple times. After trying to fix it for a while I thought, oh well, I'll just pick one and now my character has somehow acquired two different versions of the skilled trait, one that gives 20% less xp and and one that gives 30% less. Haven't played long so its not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to take out those two mods because otherwise its pretty great and TOTW is amazing.

CCO has patches for that. Probably Expanded traits doing it, you should probably just run JSawyer + CCO unless you feel like editing it in FNVEdit.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Game stops responding when I try to leave Doc Mitchells house.

posted:

Mods I have installed;

A World of Pain, (+ eve/wme/wmx/dead money)
Cirosan's
Enhanced Blood Textures
EVE
Fallout Character Overhaul
FOOK (+ PN convergence, wme/wmx/eve convergence,awop convergence)
Interior Lighting
Spice of Life (+Roberts and chick bodies)
PocoBueno
Project Nevada (+EVE,WME,WMX,DLC)
Mod Configuration Menu
WME (+DLC)
WMX (+EVE, DLC)
Weapons of new Millenia
Electro City
More Perks/Traits
Nevada Skies

Any ideas?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Any ideas?

post your load order

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Gyshall posted:

post your load order

http://pastebin.com/iT8myU3z

I think something scrambled it. I did launch LOOT to get the game to actually launch. (Getting all of the WME/WMX/EVE/FOOK/PN patches from each side is a pain in the rear end)

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

How do I fix the above?
It also happens in game where the text is all jumbled.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NevadaSkies.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
FCO - Playable Races.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
JIP Fast-Travel Anywhere.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

warsow posted:

How do I fix the above?
It also happens in game where the text is all jumbled.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NevadaSkies.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
FCO - Playable Races.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
JIP Fast-Travel Anywhere.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp

You've got DarnUI installed but you haven't edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the font changes DarnUI needs.

If you have edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the changes, then something (possibly by trying to launch the game through Steam) caused those changes to be overwritten.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

There are 2 different inis that game uses depending on how you launch the game.

quote:

If using the launcher, edit Fallout_default.ini in the game dir to get these settings to stick. The launcher resets the ini to the values from this file. Backup the original first.
If you're bypassing the launcher, you can edit Fallout.ini directly: "My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini". Backup the original first.
If neither method works, try editing My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\FalloutPrefs.ini instead. This seems to work for some people.

One of them is bound to work.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Oh, because it hasn't been said, I don't think the new DarnUI from the TTW work with iHUD. Not properly. Did I gently caress the installation or something?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

I AM BRAWW posted:

Any ideas?

Based on that list, I'd guess Electrocity. It's got a poor reputation for stability and bloat.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You've got DarnUI installed but you haven't edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the font changes DarnUI needs.

If you have edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the changes, then something (possibly by trying to launch the game through Steam) caused those changes to be overwritten.

Lord Lambeth posted:

There are 2 different inis that game uses depending on how you launch the game.

One of them is bound to work.

If you use Mod Organizer, you'll have to edit MO's own version of those files, otherwise it won't work. They can be found in /Mod Organizer/profiles/[profile name].

You can also edit them from within MO itself, or you can add an ini tweak to the mod.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 13, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Question about TTW. Right now I just plan on loving around in FO3 stuff but if I later decide to actually go to NV and add a bunch of say, cut content or quest mods at that point is it more likely than not that I will gently caress my save? Should I pick out and install NV specific mods now before I even start a save file?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epi Lepi posted:

Question about TTW. Right now I just plan on loving around in FO3 stuff but if I later decide to actually go to NV and add a bunch of say, cut content or quest mods at that point is it more likely than not that I will gently caress my save? Should I pick out and install NV specific mods now before I even start a save file?
Pretty much every world-changing quest mod needs a new save file.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

If you use Mod Organizer, you'll have to edit MO's own version of those files, otherwise it won't work. They can be found in /Mod Organizer/profiles/[profile name].

You can also edit them from within MO itself, or you can add an ini tweak to the mod.

This was it! Thanks for the heads up.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Why is this also a thing? Let's turn ED-E into a waifu!

quote:

Her clothes are removable. Just like a Barbie or Ken doll! So feel free to play dress up.

And he just updated it like two weeks ago.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

I didn't know BioWare made mods.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Missing Name posted:

oh good, maybe they finally patched it

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Missing Name posted:

Does the fembot open its mouth and play ED-Es western theme when it spots enemies?

Does it fire lasers out of it's eyes/nipples?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

The new LOOT interface is absolutely bizarre - feels like I'm using an android app in an emulator. In fact I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is. No real complaints and it certainly looks nicer than your average windows app but all those icons and overflow menus feel mighty incongruous.

Also I followed the Fear and Loathing guide which took me hours, fired up the game and was handily reminded that New Vegas has always and will always look and play super ropey no matter how many mods you layer on top of it. Removed the enhanced camera mod and the clunk is slightly less but definitely omnipresent, especially coming from Witcher 3. Think I'll persevere with it though; I feel like playing through the game again and finally getting to do Lonesome Road.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So what mod do people here prefer for weapon modifications when it comes to guns, WMX or WME?

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 14, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

ThaumPenguin posted:

So what mod do people here prefer for weapon modifications when it comes to guns, WMX or WME?

why not both

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Really hyped for 3 to go on sale so I can finally begin my Tale of Two Wastelands run. I think I'm gonna have to keep my load order pretty bare bones since I'm running ToTW, but what are some good mods that are compatible? Is Jsawyer compatible?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I AM BRAWW posted:

why not both

Because you can't use both at the same time; even the Convergence patch only works by removing overlapping content. Specifically the ranged weapon mods from WMX, because if it was the other way around and it removed the overlapping content from WME, there'd be nothing of WME left.

For my part, I can say with complete impartiality that WMX is the best at everything and you should totally use it. :haw:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

why not both

That's actually what I'm doing, I'm running Convergence, but as Antistar01, creator of WMX posted above, you lose out on every non-melee and unarmed WMX modification when you use Convergence.
Because of that I was hoping that WME's ranged weapon modifications were the better ones as I didn't want to be missing out. I'm going to guess that I am missing out, seeing how much more popular WMX is in both downloads and endorsements.

Antistar01 posted:

Because you can't use both at the same time; even the Convergence patch only works by removing overlapping content. Specifically the ranged weapon mods from WMX, because if it was the other way around and it removed the overlapping content from WME, there'd be nothing of WME left.

For my part, I can say with complete impartiality that WMX is the best as everything and you should totally use it. :haw:

If you don't mind me asking, how did the WMX-WME combo come about? I've read that it had something to do with energy weapons and EVE, but I didn't really get the full gist if it.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

If you don't mind me asking, how did the WMX-WME combo come about? I've read that it had something to do with energy weapons and EVE, but I didn't really get the full gist if it.

Sorry, I can't remember if he said why he wanted to make the Convergence patch; I just gave him permission when he asked.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
I use both, but ya you have to edit WMX and that's not something a beginner should try. If you want mods for melee and ranged get WMX if you don't care for melee then WME is probably the better option.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Really hyped for 3 to go on sale so I can finally begin my Tale of Two Wastelands run. I think I'm gonna have to keep my load order pretty bare bones since I'm running ToTW, but what are some good mods that are compatible? Is Jsawyer compatible?

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq#whatfnvmodswork

More important to take note of what NOT to try using, otherwise it seems like you can use whatever else. Don't know about JSawyer.

My TTW load order is still pretty hefty http://pastebin.com/765EAmDd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Just finished NV for the first time after 62 hours played. Used a wide selection of visual upgrades, but nothing that really affected content or game-play (except Project Nevada).

Any suggestions for a run of new mods for a second play through? I'm thinking something with more missions, JESawyer mod and some other things.