Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If we can get some sudden cosplays, maybe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Tallgeese posted:

I'd like to get the crystal-less costume. Only 3 hours left for one more cheevo though. Not likely to get hit, though the 5.5 mil might.

It's already been hit I think, a couple of people did a last minute cosplay to get the last achievement for the Pure costume.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

HenryEx posted:

The Bloodstained Kickstarter final strech stream is up and running at http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv now.

They opened with showing a video of Iga putting the Kickstarter online.

I like how he fell to the exact thing thing that Inafune did, where they did the countdown and forgot about agreeing to the Terms and Conditions. At least it wasn't in front of a room full of fans.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

MarsDragon posted:

I like how he fell to the exact thing thing that Inafune did, where they did the countdown and forgot about agreeing to the Terms and Conditions. At least it wasn't in front of a room full of fans.

Huh, what do you mean?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Eeh, not crazy about the new reskin for 60 achievements, though it certainly won't distract from the game. It's a neat but very minute kind of additional piece of lore.

Not too crazy about the 5.5 mil goal either. Sounds cool, but also VERY ambitious for just another 500k, before kickstarter fees, taxes, goodies&artbook costs, etc.
In the best case, it's a under-realized additional gimmick mode. In the worst case, it diverts too many resources from the main game.
We'll probably get it either way before the end, though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

In the best case, it's a under-realized additional gimmick mode.

It's a Castlevania game bro, that's a time honored tradition.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a special kind of experience to see Iga's hatted self drink red wine out of an enormous wine glass at 8 o'clock in the morning (in Japan). I'm holding out hope that with a couple more refills, he'll eventually smash the glass against the wall floor.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
And now for a "Maluna" speedrun :downs:

Why is this guy hosting?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I really want that alternative costume. :(

Totally backing when I get home. Add $28 to their millions I guess?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Miriam Pure costume unlocked!

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Nate RFB posted:

Since I haven't bought anything this sale I'm gonna blind buy this because god drat I want more metroidvanias after Axiom Verge (hopefully ones that are way less dumb). Better be good :colbert:
I'd recommend Environmental Station Alpha as well, although that game is more Metroid than 'vania. Also it's got a crazy endgame. I've never played Fez, but a lot of people were comparing it to that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
$5,500,000 reached.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, they're saying if another IGAventure gets locked in (the 10k $ tier), Iga's going to smash his wine glass, all Dracula style.

I really really hope someone out there has more disposable income than sense.

Analogi
Mar 31, 2011

What the duck?
This game sounds pretty neat, can't wait to pick it on the eventual steam sale in the future.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Rough scheduele:

Happening now: Art time with Natsume!
5:30 - Gunvolt
6:00 - Special Game Announcement
6:30 - IGA plays Shantae: Half Genie Hero
7:00 - Music Discussion with surprise guests: Yamada-san and Yamane-san!
7:30 - Fan Art Reel
7:45 - Familiar Reveal
7:45 - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

I really hope the Knight is the familar that gets picked.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really hope Death is the familiar.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I picked the goofball. :P

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't kid yourself, it's the one with the most T&A, whatever that was

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So who is the host in the brown shirt, he's kinda an idiot.

HenryEx posted:

Don't kid yourself, it's the one with the most T&A, whatever that was

It's pared down from 4 to 2, and then IGA has the final say.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 13, 2015

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Anatharon posted:

Huh, what do you mean?

Kickstarter has a big button to launch, but you click it and it makes you read and agree to some conditions first. So sometimes people will do a bug countdown and then there's a jolt because you have to do some extra stuff. IGA did that on the video, Inafune did that in front of a room full of fans at PAX 2013. (I remember, I was there)

It's nothing big, I just thought it was funny.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anatharon posted:

So who is the host in the brown shirt, he's kinda an idiot.

It's pared down from 4 to 2, and then IGA has the final say.

Well, let's hope this fanart from the twitch stream chat is prophetic:

/edit: oh god IGA is going to whip some candles on stream

with a belt

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 13, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Who is the host guy? I know he's a few beers down but he seems weirdly ignorant about most of the games people are mentioning.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dunno who that cap guy is, but his record on remembering japanese people's names is 1/∞ if we count Iga, he's really bad at names and not hijacking the stream in general. edit2: And he just called this project Bloodborne. What the gently caress.

edit: Oh wow, knight "Bad-rear end" actually won with 3.200 backer votes. Yay?

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 13, 2015

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
So, they've got a Scrooge McDuck Style Money Pit now. What kind of position does this put their publisher in? 5mil was the projected budget for game as originally proposed and the KS was basically just to generate hype and as a proof of concept. They've got eighteen months to squander it and eventually turn out something barely playable two years late now, right?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Who is the host guy? I know he's a few beers down but he seems weirdly ignorant about most of the games people are mentioning.

It's Fraser he's cool

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

He did Awesome Video Games

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The ridiculous amount of stretch goals have me a little worried.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A good third or so of the raised amount will go out for all the art book and t-shirts and whatnot to send all over the world (more people backed the physical tiers than the 28$ digital release) plus kickstarter fees and taxes, and quite some of the remaining will be needed for the prequel game(s?) for PC & portable consoles which were one of the later stretch goals, i guess. The prequel games goals were only like 175k$ apart which is a very tight budget for that kinda project, esp. if it's supposed to be multi-platform.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That was fantastic. :unsmith: Now to wait two years to be able to play the game!

:smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The ridiculous amount of stretch goals have me a little worried.

I mean it is a metroidvania. They're not exactly the most complicated games.

Hell Mr. IGA is also guilty of a lot of copy paste in most of them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If I back this via Paypal will I still get the KS-exclusive weapons? I want a sword whip. A lot.

Are the PS4/Vita versions cross-buy? What about the physical copies of such?

Thanks in advance.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
They raised more money on the last day of the kickstarter than the first day.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pirate Jet posted:

If I back this via Paypal will I still get the KS-exclusive weapons? I want a sword whip. A lot.

Thanks in advance.

If you do the $60 tier, yes, you'll get the Kickstarter-exclusive stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Volt Catfish posted:

I mean it is a metroidvania. They're not exactly the most complicated games.

Hell Mr. IGA is also guilty of a lot of copy paste in most of them.

Complexity isn't the issue, it's volume, and he won't be cut/pasting anything in Bloodstained for obvious reasons.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Pirate Jet posted:

I wouldn't count on cross-buy, even though they have not said one way or another. It seems that first-party Sony titles are the ones mostly eligible for cross-buy bonuses. Not only that, but the Vita and Wii U versions will have to be chopped together with help from Armature.

I do not have concrete evidence, but I would recommend choosing to buy a copy for one system, or biting the bullet and just buying both. That said, if you donated a high enough amount, you will receive a physical copy of the game on one system and a digital copy as well. You could choose to receive the PS4 version physically and to get the Vita version through digital.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

arisu posted:

They raised more money on the last day of the kickstarter than the first day.

This normally isn't that odd for a kickstarter, but considering how much this particular one made on the first day it's loving amazing.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Grimace posted:

I wouldn't count on cross-buy, even though they have not said one way or another. It seems that first-party Sony titles are the ones mostly eligible for cross-buy bonuses. Not only that, but the Vita and Wii U versions will have to be chopped together with help from Armature.

I do not have concrete evidence, but I would recommend choosing to buy a copy for one system, or biting the bullet and just buying both. That said, if you donated a high enough amount, you will receive a physical copy of the game on one system and a digital copy as well. You could choose to receive the PS4 version physically and to get the Vita version through digital.

Yeah, I nabbed the physical $60 tier and I imagine I can just decide the platform later. Thanks!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I hope that this becomes the metroidvanias to end all metroidvanias.

I mean, I hope, because none of them had the budget compared to this upcoming one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mighty No.9 is getting cross-buy, I don't see why it wouldn't also be an option for Bloodstained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Since castlevania is basically dead can we have our own thread for bloodstained?