Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Jedit posted:

Why is someone cosplaying as a RealDoll?

It is Mako from Kill la Kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
All of life exists on a spectrum.

Checks out.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

starkebn posted:

I think I'm the one who started this little talk, and I did say she looked amazing. I was just calling out the people calling it perfect in every way.

I think people like McPantserton deserve way more credit for their effort (and she definitely gets it).

It's fine to like all levels of effort but a smooshed up pair of tits shouldn't add as much cred as it seems to.

Aww well for starts, thanks, that really does mean a lot :shobon: For what it's worth too, I like the Immortan Jane costume, I kinda love weird-sexy costumes and I myself only do shitloads of cleavage if it's sexy/not-sexy all at once. Totally my jam. I seriously considered building my Arthas costume completely legit with a really absurd cleavage window in the middle, I thought it would be funny. But then I'd have to do gray makeup on my boobs and possibly be subjected to arguments like this so full breastplate for me, haha.

And also maybe it's good to keep in mind that not all cosplay is built to be a show piece. I only really post my main projects in this thread and I am pretty competitive with my cosplay so I focus on big resource/time-intensive poo poo like Warhammer/StarCraft etc. almost exclusively, but I also do thrown together stuff for late night fun wear all the time, nothing wrong with that either. Tons of people whip together outfits just to hang out and not try and compete, not every single outfit has to be hermuhgerd 100% handcrafted. I went as a herblederble Magikarp in a store-bought swimsuit and handmade fins and headgear at a convention in the Kalahari last year, sure as hell won't be winning any prizes for that but I did have a shitload of fun being a drunk Magikarp in a hot tub!

And speaking of Magikarp, here is a sincerely majestic cosplay that we should all talk very seriously about

The glorious Sev Cosplay as photographed by Martin Wong

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MagiKarp uses Bulge, it's super effective

McPantserton has swooned!

A wild DugTrio appears!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

MagiKarp uses Bulge, it's super effective

McPantserton has swooned!

A wild DugTrio appears!

McPantserton fainted!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

Those are some of the best anime eyes I've seen

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I was hoping for one really fat guy dressed up as a Ditto. Still good though.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I was hoping for one really fat guy dressed up as a Ditto. Still good though.

There was, but he used Transform to turn into the adorable Gyarados in the back.

(I love everything about that picture and everyone in it - the Gyarados was randomly chosen)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

This is good enough that my 3 year old walked by as I was scrolling through the thread and recognized her immediately.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
it seems like people take the Sexy Cosplay train of thought past Some People Do It For Attention Junction but never seem to arrive at But There's No Way To Be Sure The Person In This Photo Is One Of Them So Who Gives A gently caress Station

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

it seems like people take the Sexy Cosplay train of thought past Some People Do It For Attention Junction but never seem to arrive at But There's No Way To Be Sure The Person In This Photo Is One Of Them So Who Gives A gently caress Station

And who gives a gently caress if they do?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Pope Guilty posted:

And who gives a gently caress if they do?

Yeah, just to clarify on a prior post, I usually don't mind outside of the rare case where someone's sexy cosplay is disturbing (like the aforementioned Sexy Child Rape Victim cosplay). If it's a really lovely cosplay that's just "look at me; I'm mostly naked" with no other redeeming qualities, well - poo poo, there are enough booth babes throughout the history of cons that my only reaction these days is just "eh, cute person, bad costume" and move on.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I kind of wish people could get at least to the Talking About The Costume platform but no we have to spend a couple days derailed by cleavage.

McPantserton posted:

McPantserton fainted!

:kimchi:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Still no warboy cosplays? :mediocre:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Speleothing posted:

:perfect:

The other results for my search were .... mixed

That last guy was apparently a pedi-cab driver working around Phoenix Comicon so he gets bonus points for having his own vehicle

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Speleothing posted:

They need to grow their buddy tumors first

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Speleothing posted:

I was at Eternal Con today and there was a wargirl, complete with one of those exploding spear things. Looked rad as gently caress.

Also I saw someone walking around with a Blue CRT monitor on their head and I have no idea what the gently caress it was from and I was afraid they couldn't see poo poo and were going to run into someone.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AlmightyPants posted:

I was at Eternal Con today and there was a wargirl, complete with one of those exploding spear things. Looked rad as gently caress.

Also I saw someone walking around with a Blue CRT monitor on their head and I have no idea what the gently caress it was from and I was afraid they couldn't see poo poo and were going to run into someone.

Did they look something like this?

Because I don't think I've ever seen Blue Canti cosplay before, and now I want to see pictures.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Apparently "monitor head cosplay" is a thing. Doesn't have to be any particular character-- just dump a monitor on your head. It's part of the "object head cosplay" thing, I guess.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

foxatee posted:

Apparently "monitor head cosplay" is a thing. Doesn't have to be any particular character-- just dump a monitor on your head. It's part of the "object head cosplay" thing, I guess.

Well that explains a few things.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

foxatee posted:

isn't that a Saga thing

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Great cosplay of the Dirty PairLOVELY ANGELS

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Alouicious posted:

isn't that a Saga thing

Yes.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Dude looks like a panda :mediocre:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Lord Lambeth posted:

Dude looks like a panda :mediocre:

And that's not even his jacket!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alouicious posted:

isn't that a Saga thing

Saga and FLCL.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

And that's not even his jacket!

No IV line threaded through the chain 0/10 steering wheels, would not witness him

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The other results for my search were .... mixed

That last guy was apparently a pedi-cab driver working around Phoenix Comicon so he gets bonus points for having his own vehicle

None of these guys were willing to commit and shave their heads bald
:mediocre:

In all seriousness though I'd be super psyched to hop into a proper taxi and see the driver dressed up as a war boy.

InequalityGodzilla has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Jun 14, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

InequalityGodzilla posted:

In all seriousness though I'd be super psyched to hop into a proper taxi and see the driver dressed up as a war boy.

I would be terrified.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

InequalityGodzilla posted:

No IV line threaded through the chain 0/10 steering wheels, would not witness him

None of these guys were willing to commit and shave their heads bald
:mediocre:

A Crown Vic taxi with a V8? :perfect:

A Prius or minivan taxi? :mediocre:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

No bungy cords
No bank of speakers
Guitar doesn't shoot flames
1/10

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

No bungy cords
No bank of speakers
111/10

Fixed. Score is relative. :perfect:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CannonFodder posted:

A Crown Vic taxi with a V8? :perfect:

A Prius or minivan taxi? :mediocre:

I'm wondering what they're going to come up with for the next Wasteland Weekend. They've made a bunch of pretty good vehicles in the past and now they've got a poo poo ton more base material for inspiration.

CJacobs posted:

I'm also starting to suspect he didn't tear his mother's face off her skull to make that mask. Terrible commitment to authenticity. :colbert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CJacobs posted:

Surely that one goes up to eleven?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Robert Denby posted:

~go crazy, baby~

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jedit posted:

Surely that one goes up to eleven?

No but these do

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Oh, are we talking about Fury Road crossplay?

I know her, and she's awesome. She shaved her head for real for this cosplay and makes props for a living. Original post with a few more shots.

KillerEggplant has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Jun 14, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gotta respect that commitment! Looks cool. The chest brand is latex, right?

Rehost with Imgur just to be safe.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Latex and cotton for the brand, she says!

Done, now that I have some coffee and motivation in me.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

No bungy cords
No bank of speakers
1/10

Alright, can't even make fun of this. If he'd gone the whole nine yards and put on the pancake white makeup on all of his exposed skin I'd be giving this a 10/10

Edit: actually, it'd be a pretty neat idea to just have a couple bungie cords attached to him and the guitar just dragging behind him, like he'd just been cut down from the Doof Wagon.

InequalityGodzilla has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Oh hey, the girl on the left is an old co-worker of mine! I saw her post these on facebook but I didn't know who they were cosplaying.

• Locked thread