Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

got something to say to me fucker?!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

looks like its about to get leaprolled into some other busruptor business after the 27

also is that cement floors and stairs in a moving vehicle?

i dont know why im surprised but i am

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

he'd be dead by now if it weren't for tech buble on demand economy

I'd be deeply inconvenienced, which is basically the same as dead

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

that's bullshit. taskrabbit or whatever helped subjunctive take out his garbage the other day. how is that not helping people??

$100 to move his empty cardboard boxes to a dumpster lol

reasonable exchange of value

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Virion posted:

also is that cement floors and stairs in a moving vehicle?

i dont know why im surprised but i am

the flooring has to be some sort of lovely floor treatment...right?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at the date posted:

he sucks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
paying someone to take your junk to the dump is for pussies and nancy boys. i guess its cool to be a prissy little fag in 2015, but in my family? men break dwon their boxes and toss them themselves. hell. fold em and store thhem in the garage for 40 years like my father, and his father before him.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

at the date posted:

its a good thing. redistribution of wealth. just need to speed it up somehow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the dump loving rules. big rear end construction vehilces drving over a huge fetid pile of trash. crack heads milling around. a cool guy who tells you where to take your various kinds of toxic waste. the dump is a place for men. no surprise some little programmer without a callous on his body didnt havr the cajones to go himself

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

every male in my family has died in a house fire, just a tradition I guess

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

the dump loving rules. big rear end construction vehilces drving over a huge fetid pile of trash. crack heads milling around. a cool guy who tells you where to take your various kinds of toxic waste. the dump is a place for men. no surprise some little programmer without a callous on his body didnt havr the cajones to go himself

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Smythe posted:

when im at a dump i always get a yearning to bring a lot of crap back home

its real bad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Usually insistent upon being considered a "Transportation Network Company," which is to say a technology business and not some sort of retrograde taxi service, Uber "Technologies" has changed its tune this week at the appearance of a small advantage for taxi drivers.
As the Chronicle explains, this August the SFMTA will restrict cars traveling between Eighth and Third streets from turning onto Market Street. All vehicles will still be able to move straight ahead and cross Market, and exceptions to the turning rule will be made for taxis, emergency vehicles, paratransit vehicles, and commercial vehicles such as delivery trucks. No exceptions will be made for Uber, Lyft, et al.
The stretch of Market in question is home to four of SF's top 20 intersections for pedestrian injury collisions as well as the top two intersections for bicycle injury collisions. "This [measure] is focused very clearly on safety,” said director of the SFMTA's Sustainable Streets Division Tom Maguire. “This is about how we can get out this summer and find ways to save lives this summer.” Nicole Ferrara, who is the director of pedestrian advocacy group WalkSF, called the changes “a really simple approach that will have an immediate impact.”
Uber, however, is none too happy with the turn of events. "In just a few years, Uber and Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) like it have become an integral part of San Francisco’s transportation ecosystem. It’s an honor to call all of San Francisco home," the company wrote in an email to the public that grossly elides the facts of the new rules. For starters, the email is called "Allow Uber On Market St.," which, okay, literally no one is saying Uber can't operate on Market. You just can't make turns like emergency vehicles or taxis, which, quick refresher, are a thing which you guys have desperately fought to not be.
"We want to make sure you continue to have access to all parts of the city," Uber's plaintive email continues, "That’s why, as the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) votes on rules that would let taxis continue to operate on Market Street, but eliminate your right to use ridesharing, we need you to speak up in support of your right to ride." A spokeswoman for Uber, Eva Behrend, claims that, “cutting off riders and driver-partners from accessing this thoroughfare will increase gridlock around town, with no improvement to safety.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

when im at a dump i always get a yearning to bring a lot of crap back home

its real bad

so are you in Germany often or

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

uber: we're not a taxi company, until a taxi company gets something we don't in which case we're a taxi company

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we're in the freedom business

freedom from responsibility and business risk

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
gently caress drivers, turn market into a pedestrian mall

yes the whole thing

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
i won't rest until getting to the marina from mission means going around twin peaks (all told it's probably faster)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ultramiraculous posted:

yes the whole thing

that would be so wonderful

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
turn sf into a glass sheet imo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

ultramiraculous posted:

yes the whole thing

they turned two pretty major throughfares in downtown vancouver into pedestrian malls and it made downtown 1000x more tolerable. we have decent transit tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pedestrian malls own

they turned the central streets in copenhagen into one in 1962

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Str%F8get

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
make sure it stays a pedestrian mall forever by roofing it off and adding real doors, imo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what the gently caress

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that is the dumbest idea in the world

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

that is the dumbest idea in the world

inconveniencing san fransciscans is never a dumb idea

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
having to drive downtown from time to time, i am 100% okay with not being able to turn on to market from the 3rd-8th streets. that'd be totes fine. there is no reason to, there is no street parking what so ever on market there and it's always a total poo poo show with tourists running across the street and cable cars and busses and cyclists. i'd be okay with them turning it into a pedestrian mall as well.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

having to drive downtown from time to time, i am 100% okay with not being able to turn on to market from the 3rd-8th streets. that'd be totes fine. there is no reason to, there is no street parking what so ever on market there and it's always a total poo poo show with tourists running across the street and cable cars and busses and cyclists. i'd be okay with them turning it into a pedestrian mall as well.

i'm willing to scale back my plan to this boundary.

seriously, though, restricting traffic in that area is actually a good idea. the traffic patterns around there are just hellish.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
uber forgot to mention in this email i got earlier that it's only for that nexus of traffic hell and not all of market...i'm sure it's an oversight.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

inconveniencing drivers is never a dumb idea

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nintendo Kid posted:

San Francisco would be a goddamn wonderful place to live without the people we talk about in this thread. They could have had anywhere on the planet and they picked the place with the great ethnic food and parks and Highway 1. Fuckers.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

I can't wait until a google "engineer" accidentally flips the transit mode on the hidden internal Google Maps app to Transit and one of those cute little cars squishes someone into paste trying to get down the escalator to use BART.

lmao

Shaggar posted:

self driving cars will be like in iRobot where will smith is in the tunnel working on the case while the car drives itself and then he has to take manual control cause of the goddamn robots.

also, lmao

AWWNAW posted:

I hope my hospice has good acid

:agreed:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ultramiraculous posted:

uber forgot to mention in this email i got earlier that it's only for that nexus of traffic hell and not all of market...i'm sure it's an oversight.

I hope the person who types these hates whenever they have to call a taxi service with clever contracting rules a "rideshare"

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
you don't get it. as a citizen of the people's republic of san francisco, i have the inherent right to ride. it's enshrined in the constitution, up there with my right to party

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

you don't get it. as a citizen of the people's republic of san francisco, i have the inherent right to ride. it's enshrined in the constitution, up there with my right to party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaGXxhHmHDg

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Snapchat A Titty posted:

pedestrian malls own

they turned the central streets in copenhagen into one in 1962

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Str%F8get

i only just realised this is not a thing in american cities

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

coffeetable posted:

i only just realised this is not a thing in american cities

american cities are the worst

• Locked thread