Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have a note 4 running whatever lollipop note 4 has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

My app just updated, and now it crashes any time I try to open a thread. I have it completely set to default settings on a Xperia Z3c on 5.02, any ideas what is going on?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Optimus Subprime posted:

My app just updated, and now it crashes any time I try to open a thread. I have it completely set to default settings on a Xperia Z3c on 5.02, any ideas what is going on?

App just updated this morning and I've had the same issue. Crashes any time any thread is opened. Tried unread posts, new thread, from bookmarks, from forum view. Moto G 2nd Gen also running 5.0.2

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Adding another "crashes for me too". I sent a crash report though! Moto X 2014, Android 5.0.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting from my phone on version 3.2.0.6

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Crashing every thread for me as well. 5.0.2 on the Xperia Z3.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Welp, seems to be the design library in combination with old build tools.

Try installing this apk

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
No luck. Don't get the option to report the crash, now.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Next try , if it's not this then I don't know what's wrong.

New apk

Don't know the last time we had a X.Xc version

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Crashes for me whenever I open a new thread. LG G3 on 5.0

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting from my phone on version 3.2.0.6c

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Still crashing with the new version.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

Still crashing with the new version.
There is more than one "new version", please be specific. The version number can be found under Settings, in the top of the About screen.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well this went terrible.

I'm already getting crashes for a version I didn't even post yet so revert back to this if you get crashes

Interestingly the crash seems to only affect Android 5.0

Sereri fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 13, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

anthonypants posted:

There is more than one "new version", please be specific. The version number can be found under Settings, in the top of the About screen.

I'd posted after the first test build, so I figured it was obvious I was talking about the c version. Sorry.

Sereri posted:

Well this went terrible.

I'm already getting crashes for a version I didn't even post yet so revert back to this if you get crashes

Interestingly the crash seems to only affect Android 5.0

Hooray, working thing again. Thanks for the link.

hooah fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 13, 2015

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:siren:
3.2.0.6e

Because fifth time's the charm

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

I'd posted after the first test build, so I figured it was obvious I was talking about the c version. Sorry.
That's just it, there were two posts with two different apks in them. And now there's another!

p.s. 3.2.0.6e still works for me

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 13, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sereri posted:

3.2.0.6e

It seems to be the case. I can read threads with 3.2.0.6e.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Threads work fine now yay!

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Sereri posted:

3.2.0.6e

Works for me now, too. Thanks for the fast update.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Success! Thanks for being fast/awesome.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sereri posted:

3.2.0.6e

This one works for me too. Thanks

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't know if it's intentional, but after upgrading to 3.2.0.6e the forums listing text is larger and in bold and takes up more space.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm on version 3.2.06, on a Droid Maxx running 4.4.4.

I can't bookmark or unbookmark threads -- when I try, I get the standard Loading Failed! error message.

Moreover, something very very weird happened on page 48 of this thread.

Ugh I suck at tags

spacing in vienna fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 13, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
So when did these huge fuckoff thread tag icons come in and when are they going away again or how can I make them go away now

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
You can't. And they're not that big, they're just twice as tall, it's not like they're 1/4 of your screen. Iirc, the change was done to show more thread information, since most people wanted that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JawKnee posted:

So when did these huge fuckoff thread tag icons come in and when are they going away again or how can I make them go away now

You can't get back the old ones, but you can turn them off in Settings -> Thread List -> Show Tags

Found a bug, looks like there might be too much padding on the User pane cuz it cuts off the thread name, top left corner of screenshot...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

spacing in vienna posted:

Moreover, something very very weird happened on page 48 of this thread.

Looks like a car ran over your phone, take better care of it!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

baka kaba posted:

Looks like a car ran over your phone, take better care of it!

Honestly I was waiting for the images to start dripping black and then scrawling ZALGO. Having a possessed phone would be p rad

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
There's nothing wrong with the app or your phone, someone just posted hosed-up characters is all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm on version 3.2.06, on a Droid Maxx running 4.4.4.

I can't bookmark or unbookmark threads -- when I try, I get the standard Loading Failed! error message.

Confirming that bookmarking and unbookmarking gets a "Loading Failed!" message on 3.2.0.6e. Same with changing bookmark colors. Tried killing the app, and rebooting. Still broken.

site fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 13, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It'll be fixed in an update, there's nothing you can do to make it work until then :frogbon:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hey, as long as it's fixed it's all good. Just trying to help.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just wanted to say I'm digging the update. Running on Nexus 4 4.4 with no problems so far.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

site posted:

Hey, as long as it's fixed it's all good. Just trying to help.

Yeah it's cool! Just saying, don't waste your time trying to janitor it. The feedback's definitely helpful!

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
Marking a post as last read seems to no longer be working though. It just says "marking post as read", then nothing happens and the post is never marked as last read.

3.2.0.6e, both on a nexus 7 and a xperia z.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

baka kaba posted:

Yeah it's cool! Just saying, don't waste your time trying to janitor it. The feedback's definitely helpful!

lol I'm sorry it was more a rhetorical statement. I didn't mean anything by it!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The new dark theme is kinda ugly. The layout when reading posts is not at all consistent with the layout while viewing thread titles. The reply button is also a really gross shade and too dark, it could stand being a hair lower though.

There is not a lot of contrast either, its just all black all the time.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm not sure if it's just my phone playing up or the update but when I try to bookmark threads on the new version I just get a Loading Failed message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Fix update 3.2.07 is going out, apk here as usual (it's always the same link :ssh:)