Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Okay, okay, I get the reasons why Nintendo did it this way. I wouldn't want to be kicked out of online every couple of matches because someone was using a character I don't have downloaded either. It's just that knowing we have the data makes it not feel like I'm getting DLC, it feels like I'm paying 3 or 4 dollars for just a roster icon to pick the DLC, and it comes across as a bit of a rip-off.

...Bah, whatever, my dumb opinions. I'll shut up about it now. Let's just go back to hyping up Roy and Ryu (or making GBS threads on, as the case may be for some of us).

----------

I'm hoping that Roy and Ryu are officially revealed alongside Lucas in the Smash Nintendo Direct before his release. It's gonna be disappointing if Nintendo already blew their E3 trump card before E3 even happened.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a single thing different about Roy because right now I'm refusing to believe Sakurai actually complied with the demands of Melee fanboys and brought back a loving stupid clone character while also just slapping Marth's Final Smash onto him.

Uhm that is his Sealed Binding Sword Blade of Seals attack/critical animation not Marth's (Eirika's) Little lunge critical animation.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wheres the one for Ryu.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
B Button move images:
Ryu
Roy
some kid who cares

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/609705945627803648

Ryu's B moves, the twitter account also has Lucas's and Roy's.

Also apparently Ryu doesn't have a counter the move that looks like one is a focus attack.

edit: beaten

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also apparently Ryu doesn't have a counter

Let's not lie to ourselves here kids.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Wheres the one for Ryu.

zolthorg posted:

Let's not lie to ourselves here kids.

I want to believe, not like it matters much since Roy has one.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

SL the Pyro posted:

Okay, okay, I get the reasons why Nintendo did it this way. I wouldn't want to be kicked out of online every couple of matches because someone was using a character I don't have downloaded either. It's just that knowing we have the data makes it not feel like I'm getting DLC, it feels like I'm paying 3 or 4 dollars for just a roster icon to pick the DLC, and it comes across as a bit of a rip-off.

That's understandable, but this is just an unavoidable problem when you make DLC characters for fighting games. They can't just release it for free, that's not feasible for a number of reasons.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I am cool with Roy being back.

I am not cool with him being the 2nd clone of the same character

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Patch will be hotfixed before NA release to give Bowju and RosaLuma counter as their down B

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
That's his Focus Attack, not a counter.

The question is, does it only absorb one hit? Or infinite hits?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a single thing different about Roy because right now I'm refusing to believe Sakurai actually complied with the demands of Melee fanboys and brought back a loving stupid clone character while also just slapping Marth's Final Smash onto him.

Is "Melee fanboys" just the bogeyman for everything smash related now

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Another patch song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsJ8Ggnqas

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am cool with Roy being back.

I am not cool with him being the 2nd clone of the same character

Yeah who would want more characters with two clones in smash?
http://imgur.com/a/SfJBH

I looked at the 9s clip and it looks like he has a Forward smash between Marth and Ike and a Final Smash shown off and absolutely nothing else. Let's maybe wait a tick and see if they did something to the character's moveset?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zolthorg posted:

I looked at the 9s clip and it looks like he has a Forward smash between Marth and Ike and a Final Smash shown off and absolutely nothing else. Let's maybe wait a tick and see if they did something to the character's moveset?

Youre a weirdo and Wolfs not a clone.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zolthorg posted:

lol you loving goober. also wolf wasn't really a clone, falco's more of a clone than wolf.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

zolthorg posted:

Roy is a stupid piece of poo poo idiot and Wolf is awesome, that's the main difference

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

What strange new warriors will Ryu encounter when his journey takes him to Ice Cream Island??

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

zolthorg posted:

So you just use the B button when you play this huh

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 13, 2015

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

This is good.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

:dance:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Good Morning

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Kins posted:

There's six songs for Ryu's stage: CPS1, CPS2 and new versions of Ryu and Ken's SF2 themes. No Guile theme for you.

Here's the new Ryu arrangement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cybAa4_t7Sc

and here's his victory theme

They added Ken's theme but didn't give Ryu an alt-colour for Ken? Weird.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am fine with Roy being in the game because it means the real Roy can prove his dominance as Our Boy.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They added Ken's theme but didn't give Ryu an alt-colour for Ken? Weird.

Ken is apparently an assist trophy. Or just a regular trophy.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cabbagepots posted:

Ken is apparently an assist trophy. Or just a regular trophy.
He's a normal trophy. IIRC all of Ryu's colours are alt palletes from the SF2 era.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Oh hell yes! Second favorite Kirby Adventure song (after Yogurt Yard)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My two favorite Melee characters have finally come home.

I am very excited for Roy, and Ryu.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Voice clips have been discovered.

Apparently Ryu has voice clips for Shakunetsu Hadouken (EX fireball), Shinkuu Tatsumaki (EX spinning kick) and Shinkuu Hadouken (super fireball).

This might mean that he has a super meter mechanic similar to Mac's KO meter, as I suspected he might have.

For you non-Street Fighter players, what this means is that Ryu has a meter that he builds by attacking and getting attacked, and he is able to spend portions of this meter on enhanced versions of his special moves. When the meter is full it means he'll have access to a SUPER fireball which could be deadly.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
One of Ryu's credit images.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Champeenship posted:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Hahaha

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Champeenship posted:

This owns.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I for one am looking forward to Roy and Roy (Koopa) tag teams.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm excited for Ryu

This Roy, however, is not the cool one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda want them to do more events now, involving the new characters.
And yes one event needs to be 8 man smash with 7 Roy Koopas versus Roy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Now that Roy is real I eagerly await his return in the AwkwardZombie comic

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Do we know all the alt colors for Roy and Ryu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jivjov posted:

Do we know all the alt colors for Roy and Ryu?

Yeah, can't find the picture, but Roy's colors are based on people from FE6 and Ryu's is his SF2 colors.

• Locked thread