Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Happitoo posted:

I'm going to commit Disney blasphemy here, but Disney needs to abandon the concept of Future World at Epcot having anything to do with technology.

Universe of Energy is incredibly out-dated because technological advances in energy production have made it out-dated. And updating them just kicks that can down the road like 10 years or less. If they're not committed to updating things related to technological advancement in a rapid fashion they should just avoid it all together.

Hopefully with the death of Innoventions they're slowly moving towards that. Either keep up with technology, or stick with timeless messages. But don't half rear end it and talk about 20 year old technology.

Edit: Since I'm already on the Blasphemy Train: I'm super excited about the Frozen Ride and princess meeting area being built in the Norway pavilion.

Let's go make lightsabers and duel this out like proper adults.

If they can't update poo poo every 10-15 years they just need to not do anything except their dumb little stories. Epcot has been neglected forever and it's inexcusable. Instead of working on something new and cool they're going to gently caress around and poo poo Frozen all over the place and it'll probably end up about as good as Iago and Zazu in the tiki room did in the end.

That isn't saying I don't like Frozen. Frozen's cute and cool whatever. But man there is way too much Frozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Let's go make lightsabers and duel this out like proper adults.

If they can't update poo poo every 10-15 years they just need to not do anything except their dumb little stories. Epcot has been neglected forever and it's inexcusable. Instead of working on something new and cool they're going to gently caress around and poo poo Frozen all over the place and it'll probably end up about as good as Iago and Zazu in the tiki room did in the end.

That isn't saying I don't like Frozen. Frozen's cute and cool whatever. But man there is way too much Frozen.

I wouldn't say they necessarily need to change things based on Disney stories (at least in Future World). Just stick to a message that doesn't burn out after 10 years. Like The Seas being about conservation of sea life. Living With The Land being about food production and agriculture advancement through the ages. Mission Space be about the history of space exploration etc. It's trying to present the present/future that's the problem as everything advances so fast to the point that they can't keep up. So showcase those advances that have been made previously and the technological leaps people have taken (a la Spaceship Earth) and stop trying to show "modern" technology as it'll be outdated before it even hits the park.

Epcot needs more. If that means sacrificing ideological purity in order to accomplish that, so be it. It can be done without Disney-fying everything. But if that's the path they're going to take I'm fine with that.

With Frozen, I'll say they should have gone further! If they insist on having a princess meal in the world showcase, why are Anna/Elsa not the ones greeting there? What the gently caress does Belle have to do with Norway? She's French. At least Frozen was sort of thematically based on Norway/Scandinavia.

People argue that Frozen should be in Fantasyland. Because that's exactly what Magic Kingdom needs. More loving people. Dispersing crowds among the 4 parks is a pain in the rear end because all the best/classic poo poo is condensed in 1 place. Magic Kingdom.

The World Showcase is stale. They haven't had a new pavilion since the 80's. No country except Morocco is paying for their pavilions anymore to maintain them. Their films are all ridiculously outdated. So add rides. Add Disney rides. Put a Snow White ride in Germany. Some Brother Bear flume ride in Canada. Go loving nuts and make it something more than a giant ring of restaurants and places to get poo poo faced. If countries don't want that poo poo they can start paying again to maintain their pavilions and update their movies to modern standards.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Knock on wood it has never broken down when we are on it. We've had stoppages for wheelchairs or other guests needing assistance but that's it.

I agree though they should remove their tech attraction unless it's crazy future stuff which is completely doable.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

100 day mark for me. Too excited.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Happitoo posted:

I wouldn't say they necessarily need to change things based on Disney stories (at least in Future World). Just stick to a message that doesn't burn out after 10 years. Like The Seas being about conservation of sea life. Living With The Land being about food production and agriculture advancement through the ages. Mission Space be about the history of space exploration etc. It's trying to present the present/future that's the problem as everything advances so fast to the point that they can't keep up. So showcase those advances that have been made previously and the technological leaps people have taken (a la Spaceship Earth) and stop trying to show "modern" technology as it'll be outdated before it even hits the park.

Epcot needs more. If that means sacrificing ideological purity in order to accomplish that, so be it. It can be done without Disney-fying everything. But if that's the path they're going to take I'm fine with that.

With Frozen, I'll say they should have gone further! If they insist on having a princess meal in the world showcase, why are Anna/Elsa not the ones greeting there? What the gently caress does Belle have to do with Norway? She's French. At least Frozen was sort of thematically based on Norway/Scandinavia.

People argue that Frozen should be in Fantasyland. Because that's exactly what Magic Kingdom needs. More loving people. Dispersing crowds among the 4 parks is a pain in the rear end because all the best/classic poo poo is condensed in 1 place. Magic Kingdom.

The World Showcase is stale. They haven't had a new pavilion since the 80's. No country except Morocco is paying for their pavilions anymore to maintain them. Their films are all ridiculously outdated. So add rides. Add Disney rides. Put a Snow White ride in Germany. Some Brother Bear flume ride in Canada. Go loving nuts and make it something more than a giant ring of restaurants and places to get poo poo faced. If countries don't want that poo poo they can start paying again to maintain their pavilions and update their movies to modern standards.

I agree with everything. World Showcase is too much of a museum, not enough a theme park. The rest of EPCOT is also weak, aside from The Seas/Land and Test Track. I'm scared it will continue being neglected if the 5th park happens, since Hollywood is getting all the big work after Animal Kingdom.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
They just need to get the Marvel rights in Florida and turn Future World into the Stark Expo

Oooohh or bring back Alien Encounter in future world. I mean cmon, its the adult park

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Happitoo posted:

People get real sick of the older rides getting disney-fied and you know it as well as I do. Movies are cool. It's cool to have stuff about movie characters at Disney. But Disney is literally doing a thing that Disney himself told them not to do, and that's leaning too much on the drat movies. Themeing is more than just throwing a movie into a ride, or it sure used to be. That's what set Disney parks apart from everybody else. Now they're just kinda falling right into the same problem.

quote:

With Frozen, I'll say they should have gone further! If they insist on having a princess meal in the world showcase, why are Anna/Elsa not the ones greeting there? What the gently caress does Belle have to do with Norway? She's French. At least Frozen was sort of thematically based on Norway/Scandinavia. People argue that Frozen should be in Fantasyland. Because that's exactly what Magic Kingdom needs. More loving people. Dispersing crowds among the 4 parks is a pain in the rear end because all the best/classic poo poo is condensed in 1 place. Magic Kingdom.

See, this I agree with. A Frozen feast with the princesses would be worthwhile and could easily, eaaassilly renamed and reworked after Frozen eventually does drop off in popularity. Belle being in Norway is loving dumb and I agree with you. Though I really don't think it should be in Epcot. It shouldn't be at MK either. Put it in Hollywood Studios. The loving place needs crowds and it'd be a drat good draw. You want to put in a Frozen ride? Put it at Hollywood Studios. Voila. Crowd mitigation.

quote:

This isn't a bad idea ultimately. A Brother Bear flume ride would be pretty neat because it would actually show off parts of Canada easily and could be hosted by the mooses. I do think the movies long need to be updated, but to be perfectly honest you don't need to spend a loving shitload of money for that these days. A team of three or four people, some decent cameras, plane tickets and a couple editors would make it work. You don't need fly overs and poo poo when you can just buy them off youtube and not have to shoot them yourself. My biggest issue with Frozen being in Epcot is that it's not actually in Norway. It's the dumbest thing they did. They didn't know it was going to be this big and for that I can forgive them. They aren't psychic. But putting it in the ~magical kingdom of arendalle~ instead of a real place, or just leaving it ambigious, was a mistake. A huge, bitchfest causing mistake.

Snow White could greet in Germany (doesn't she already, actually?) but we've already had two Snow White rides now and they might kinda run out of ideas for it. If Pocahontas were more relevant I'd suggest something for her movie in The American Adventure, but she's really not anymore. No, I suggest Cinderella in Italy instead- which is where her tale originated historically.

For the final ride, I'd suggest France and I'd suggest making it a Ratatouille themed ride. Zooming through a classic dark ride at the height of Remy would be easy as hell for them to throw together and it'd tie right into all the little food spots right there too. Then you've got a ride every space now and again, you up people's interest in the world showcase and it takes you a year or so to get it all together.

This is again assuming that you're making rides based after movies. You really, really need not do that and I honestly think that making everything movie themed won't help in the end.

Then you just have to worry about loving Future World.

BlueBayou posted:

They just need to get the Marvel rights in Florida and turn Future World into the Stark Expo

Do that, get with Marvel creative, bring them into Imagineering and go wild. Make it easily updatable every few years, have JARVIS welcome people to it, you're pretty good to go. Especially if you hire a few people to do presentations. Disney's street actors are starting to die off, and a lot of people seem to miss the simple shows and informational booths and just general human contact. Yes, it means you have to be careful about routing traffic but you have to anyway.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

BlueBayou posted:

Oooohh or bring back Alien Encounter in future world. I mean cmon, its the adult park

That would be incredible. Basically everything on that side of the park could be fitted into that theme beautifully.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Have Jarvis use the short range readers on the magic band to welcome people by name and compliment them on their most recent purchase or activity or "hurry up, your fast pass for test track is expiring soon"

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
They are giving Innoventions a makeover at Disneyland. I can only assume it is to expand the Star Wars and Marvel presence in the park.

I'd assume they'd go all-in on Star Wars with the new movies coming soon, but since they have the Marvel rights in Disneyland, maybe they will pivot that way. Or both.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

couldcareless posted:

Have Jarvis use the short range readers on the magic band to welcome people by name and compliment them on their most recent purchase or activity or "hurry up, your fast pass for test track is expiring soon"

Brilliant!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
They showed the Imagineering renderings of the new frozen area at Epcot. That park will be ruined. gently caress frozen in the butt forever.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

If Jarvis wished my husband and I a happy anniversary my husband would squeal about it all day. (this is doable disney do it)

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

demonR6 posted:

They showed the Imagineering renderings of the new frozen area at Epcot. That park will be ruined. gently caress frozen in the butt forever.

Where/when was this?

Uziel
Jun 28, 2004

Ask me about losing 200lbs, and becoming the Viking God of W&W.

Edna Mode posted:

I believe they start letting people in around 8:45/8:50, so maybe closer to 8:20 so you're closer to the front.
We arrived at 7:50am because I wanted to ensure my kids could do it. There were people getting in via their breakfast reservations, but we were 4th in the turnstile line. I ran so fast while pushing a 150lb+ stroller and had my pick of Jedi Academy showtimes, so thanks for the advice. The kids loved it. The only negative experience was an entire section of kids crying (mine included) because all arrived at Baymax simultaneously and the line was closed and they weren't accepting any more. I wish they would have had the information posted somewhere. We are going to try to fit that in tomorrow and split our last day between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios!

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Doronin posted:

Where/when was this?

Right here

It's going to be amazing and everyone should be super excited about it. The comments on the article are awesome.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

This was my favorite comment: "So, “Snowgies” are boogers, right? So there are gonna be animated boogers on this ride?"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I loved Maelstrom but it was kind of a poo poo ride imo. Put something new in. Totally fine with that.

Also I have a feeling that Star Wars Weekends/something is going to take over Hollywood Studios this Fall. They're like 99% going to announce the Star Wars expansion in August at D23 and the Frozen stuff ends at the end of that month. Not to mention I hear there's a Star Wars movie coming out in December. It would make sense.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 10, 2015

TIGER HOODZ
Aug 3, 2009

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
Does anyone know much about renting DVC points, or has rented them before? I'm interested because it seems like a pretty cheap way to stay at a really nice resort. I love the Grand Floridian, but I don't love spending $500 a night to stay there.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

TIGER HOODZ posted:

Does anyone know much about renting DVC points, or has rented them before? I'm interested because it seems like a pretty cheap way to stay at a really nice resort. I love the Grand Floridian, but I don't love spending $500 a night to stay there.

Typically its $13-15 per point. Number of points per night depends on the DVC "season". Peak seasons are more points per night than off peak.

The Grand Floridian is still going to cost you a fair amount by renting but should be significantly less than the cash rates.

Example: to stay from 6/21 to 6/27, in a standard view studio room at the Floridian is 142 points, or $1988.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

How early in advance do they announce dates for their festivals and poo poo? My daughter will be 2.5 years old in the fall of 2016 and we're planning on a trip in late October/early November of that year. Looking at the dates this year, it looks like if you plan a trip for November 1-11 you can do all three of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, the Christmas stuff, and food& wine in epcot.

Is this typically how it is every year (ie a week or so period where all three will be available) and if so, is it stupid busy? Also, how much Christmas stuff would be up with Halloween just ending days prior? I was looking at crowd calenders for this year and it didn't seem too bad, a 3/5 range of crowdedness with the top being a 7 for a marathon, but it seems like this is something more people would try and do.

My wife and I were there a couple of years ago during food & wine and Halloween, and I've been missing it ever since. I got serious post-disney blues after we left last time and spent a week after we got home watching POV rides. I swear I even watched a POV video of a dude walking through all four of the parks. Now I'm looking at menus at restaurants for a trip that's still 17 months out. This is a loving sickness.

Roflcopter fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 10, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

TIGER HOODZ posted:

You need to have flexible dates and you need to be prepared to not get your first choice of resorts. Also, you have to pay up front and because the reservations go through the DVC owner and then to Disney, you're kind of at the DVC owner's mercy. You won't be able to make changes and stuff and it's kind of a hassle. But that said, if you're ok with all that, it can be a good way to get a cheaper Deluxe.

Roflcopter posted:

How early in advance do they announce dates for their festivals and poo poo? My daughter will be 2.5 years old in the fall of 2016 and we're planning on a trip in late October/early November of that year. Looking at the dates this year, it looks like if you plan a trip for November 1-11 you can do all three of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, the Christmas stuff, and food& wine in epcot.

Is this typically how it is every year (ie a week or so period where all three will be available) and if so, is it stupid busy? Also, how much Christmas stuff would be up with Halloween just ending days prior? I was looking at crowd calenders for this year and it didn't seem too bad, a 3/5 range of crowdedness with the top being a 7 for a marathon, but it seems like this is something more people would try and do.

My wife and I were there a couple of years ago during food & wine and Halloween, and I've been missing it ever since. I got serious post-disney blues after we left last time and spent a week after we got home watching POV rides. I swear I even watched a POV video of a dude walking through all four of the parks. Now I'm looking at menus at restaurants for a trip that's still 17 months out. This is a loving sickness.

I believe Nov 1 is the last day for the Halloween party this year and after that they start removing those decorations and start putting up Christmas. The Christmas party starts on Nov 8. So I guess technically you could see both decorations in just over one week, but those 7 days in between are transitional. This is the first year they've extended Food & Wine this long so we'll see how that goes. No way to tell if it'll still be the same dates in 2016. As to how busy it will be, again, hard to tell, but I wouldn't expect it to be extremely crowded. Moderate crowds are my best guest. I can tell you for sure after my trip during this same time frame later this year.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

TIGER HOODZ posted:

We're renting points for our next trip. We're renting 224 points to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers Saturday through Friday next March. We paid 16 dollars a point. That is higher than usual but we paid a premium to make sure we got the dates we wanted as we are now at the mercy of the school schedule and have to go during spring break.

I didn't mind the 2 dollar a point premium considering they had to find someone with at least 224 points to rent, and their home resort had to be BLT (we booked exactly 11 months out).

We booked through David's Vacation Club rentals and it was a smooth process. We're paying just shy of 3600 dollars for the room. Rack rate, if you can even book a 1 bedroom villa is 707 a night plus taxes (about 500 bucks for a 6 night stay) so it's less expensive to rent the points and we were able to secure our reservation ahead of time. Would have probably been about 5,000 for the room through normal channels so we're saving 1400 dollars. Still expensive, but we're willing to pay the price to be close to MK.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Happitoo posted:

Right here

It's going to be amazing and everyone should be super excited about it. The comments on the article are awesome.

Ah. As long as they don't mess with that little bakery across from the ride, I'll be fine with whatever.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They won't it will have nothing but frozen themed cupcakes and other baked goods.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 11, 2015

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm pretty sure some people will break out the pitchforks if school bread is removed

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's not being removed, it is being re-themed as Olaf bread. Same ingredients, same taste only it's shaped like whimsical, friendly snowman who loves hugs. Who doesn't love a bread that you can hug?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Clearly they should just re-theme every pavilion to an appropriate movie. France should be all about Belle and Remy. Change Morocco to Agrabah.

Just go all in.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

FYI, I just got an email saying 2016 packages are available for booking starting June 22.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 11, 2015

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

BlueBayou posted:

Clearly they should just re-theme every pavilion to an appropriate movie. France should be all about Belle and Remy. Change Morocco to Agrabah.

Just go all in.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. Lots of possibilities...

England - Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins
Africa - Lion King
Germany - Sleeping Beauty

Although Italy, Canada (Brother Bear was awful) and Japan are challenging. But I guess Japan could be all Studio Ghibli stuff and that would kind of own. You could ride the Cat Bus to some air machine into the zeppelin battle in Castle in the Sky.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BlueBayou posted:

Just go all in.

No, no.. everything needs to be re-themed with frozen. Lights, Action, Motors! at HS.. bah, lets make it Lights, Action, Frozen! Or how about Pirates of the Southern Isles to replace the ride at MK! Let's not forget Animal Kingdom, it needs love too right? Tree of Life I say Tree of Arendelle! I will prepare a more comprehensive list but these are a few ideas I had.

You actually gave me a good idea on replacing all the characters in the Beauty and the Beast show at HS with Frozen.. same story, just swap characters.

Last weekend of SWW at HS, the last two were really slow compared to week 1. No three hour line to get into the shops or wait for characters to take pics. Probably not going to be as slow though this one. One last passholder poster to complete a full set!

Doronin posted:

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. Lots of possibilities...

England - Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins
Africa - Lion King
Germany - Sleeping Beauty

I like that idea actually and it would certainly bring more business to the park. The original concept of having each area sponsored by the host country was good but they have less of an presence now I think except for the CM's who work there?

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 11, 2015

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

demonR6 posted:

No, no.. everything needs to be re-themed with frozen. Lights, Action, Motors! at HS.. bah, lets make it Lights, Action, Frozen! Or how about Pirates of the Southern Isles to replace the ride at MK! Let's not forget Animal Kingdom, it needs love too right? Tree of Life I say Tree of Arendelle! I will prepare a more comprehensive list but these are a few ideas I had.

You actually gave me a good idea on replacing all the characters in the Beauty and the Beast show at HS with Frozen.. same story, just swap characters.

Last weekend of SWW at HS, the last two were really slow compared to week 1. No three hour line to get into the shops or wait for characters to take pics. Probably not going to be as slow though this one. One last passholder poster to complete a full set!

I like that idea actually and it would certainly bring more business to the park. The original concept of having each area sponsored by the host country was good but they have less of an presence now I think except for the CM's who work there?

And even those CMs are sourced through their international internship/employment programs, but that's pretty much it. The whole thing about countries actively sponsoring the pavilions is more of less of a myth these days from what I've read. I think the last country that actually wanted to pay for a pavilion was Israel but the story goes that Disney declined because it would turn Epcot into a big terror target. No idea if that's really true though.

The more I think about it, Disney could actually turn it into really good PR for themselves by using those areas to show just how much they care about foreign cultures and how they're represented in Disney film projects, so it could even still manage to retain some educational value so they don't totally abandon that aspect.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Looking into making a 4 day hop down to DW the weekend of Oct 17. Meeting a friend who has a AP and we are going to hit the parks hard. It's going to be my first trip, and I've been reading the thread for a long time. I'm looking for any advice on the following:

Fly in early Friday (10am) and be ready to roll around 2pm for MK
Art of Animation - Friday through Monday (I want to stay in an Ariel room!!!)
Standard meal plan (I like to eat and would rather not worry about anything)
Not-So-Scary party either Friday or Saturday night
Leave Monday around 2pm for 4 pm flight

Besides a Dole Whip, taking cheesy photos in front of the Castle, and going to see Ariel and the Little Mermaid ride - I'm looking to hit highlights of each park. Me and the friend are reasonably fit and can pull off running all over the place. What's a good plan of attack?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

For those dates, there's a good chance your first choices for dining might not have any availability. I'd check that out first.

If you want help booking it, I'd be happy to help. You can send me a PM if you like.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I'm not too worried about choices on food with an impromptu visit -I'd like to take a bigger family trip in a year or so, so this is my test trip.
Gonna make sure I get the days approved, then I will give you a heads up Braksgirl.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Part of the whole problem with World Showcase is when it was built you couldn't just go watch a cool movie about china. Now I can on youtube in about two seconds.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Anya posted:

Looking into making a 4 day hop down to DW the weekend of Oct 17. Meeting a friend who has a AP and we are going to hit the parks hard. It's going to be my first trip, and I've been reading the thread for a long time. I'm looking for any advice on the following:

Fly in early Friday (10am) and be ready to roll around 2pm for MK
Art of Animation - Friday through Monday (I want to stay in an Ariel room!!!)
Standard meal plan (I like to eat and would rather not worry about anything)
Not-So-Scary party either Friday or Saturday night
Leave Monday around 2pm for 4 pm flight

Besides a Dole Whip, taking cheesy photos in front of the Castle, and going to see Ariel and the Little Mermaid ride - I'm looking to hit highlights of each park. Me and the friend are reasonably fit and can pull off running all over the place. What's a good plan of attack?

Are you planning on getting a park hopper pass? You can most likely do Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios or Epcot in one day depending on how you feel about either. Personally I'd do Not So Scary on your Sat so you can enjoy evening at Magic Kingdom without fear of the travel day taking it's toll on Fri.

-Fri. enjoy playing it by ear. (no pun intended)
-Sat. either Epcot or Hollywood, nap, hit Not-So-Scary at MK.
-Sun. Animal Kingdom then whichever park you didn't hit Sat. morning
-Mon. do anything you didn't have a chance for or hit up Downtown Disney for food/shopping. catch your flight.

I don't remember if Not-So-Scary implies that MK stays open later than normal. Last time we did it it was open till midnight or something like that. Shortly after the fireworks it began to rain and there was a stroller stampede for the exit. Neither my wife or I are bothered by rain and stuck around There were no lines for anything, it was pretty great. My favorite joke was the posted 15 min. wait for Space Mountain was because that's how long it took to walk through the mile long que to get to the cars.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
MK shuts down early for NSS and is open later than normal park hours.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

I'm not too worried about choices on food with an impromptu visit -I'd like to take a bigger family trip in a year or so, so this is my test trip.
Gonna make sure I get the days approved, then I will give you a heads up Braksgirl.

Great! Looking forward to helping out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...491434134380742

Just build a villians park. Or a Star Wars and Marvel park. Then the crowds will be diverted. mmmm star wars park