Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Thank you, fellow smasher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Also Roy's purple color reminds me of how annoyingly bad Douglas is in FE6 despite having the best color scheme. Now I'm sad.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am cool with Roy being back.

I am not cool with him being the 2nd clone of the same character

hes gonna be better than lucina

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a single thing different about Roy because right now I'm refusing to believe Sakurai actually complied with the demands of Melee fanboys and brought back a loving stupid clone character while also just slapping Marth's Final Smash onto him.

lol lucina jealous roys gonna be better than her

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bef posted:

I know and it makes me mad!!!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

bef posted:

Only if he is like Marth and gets the shortened untipped hitlags.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light

Champeenship posted:

One of Ryu's credit images.

Yoshi owns gently caress all dinosaur haters.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ryu's addition is amazing. It's an NES reunion, and everyone's invited! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Smash 5, please.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Ryu's addition is amazing. It's an NES reunion, and everyone's invited! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Smash 5, please.

Except Street Fighter was never on the NES.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Cabbagepots posted:

Oh. Whoops.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fail.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What do you expect? He's called Supersonic Shine, not Super Mario Sunshine!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Sakurai should take Snake's moveset and mannerisms, put them on a new character, and call that character Snack

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sakurai should take Snake's moveset and mannerisms, put them on a new character, and call that character Snack

Large Boss

The Year 20XX
Mar 26, 2008

Minimal typos.

Cabbagepots posted:

:c00l: (Yeah I know, not even remotely the same thing.)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ah, yes, the Kickstarter method of character design.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Roy returning to Smash is all I ever wanted but I like playing Ike so much now that I'm not sure if I have room in my heart for both.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cabbagepots posted:

Well, not really anyway. Unless you count those weird bootlegs, one of which got turned into Kart Fighter.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

bef posted:

I could kill a baby :D :classiclol:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Ah, yes, the Kickstarter method of character design.

Hey Bloodstained owns quit hating

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not hating, just drawing a comparison. I probably could have sounded less condescending.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

They should just announce Dixie and K Rool so Bonsai Buddy can cry in the night as he can't post here about them coming out.

What happened to him? I still have this thing but I can't remember why:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Let's not talk about all of that and just agree that K. Rool and Dixie will be added later this year.

The DK Rap
May 12, 2010
You know him well.

mabels big day posted:

Does that last Ryu costume count as a Dan Hibiki color or is it supposed to be someone else.

they're all his alt palettes from Super SF2

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
pink shirt ryu is incredibly sexy

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I know everyone is super hype about leaks but if you're looking for a stream to watch, we in New England are having a monthly. Doubles at 1:00, Singles at 4:00.

twitch.tv/gameunderground

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kink Shames Bible posted:

they're all his alt palettes from Super SF2

That is kind of lame but I see why they went with that. I will pretend it is dan hibiki colors in my brain.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

LanceKing2200 posted:

I know everyone is super hype about leaks but if you're looking for a stream to watch, we in New England are having a monthly. Doubles at 1:00, Singles at 4:00.

twitch.tv/gameunderground

actually these leaks are lame and the patch will be lame

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Calaveron posted:

I wonder what the atmosphere is like at the nintendo offices every time there's a huge leak like this

Sakurai probably knew this would happen, especially after everyone data-mined the last patch.

This just proves his theory about humanity he probably thinks to himself.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Dammit I knew this was coming but I'm still really salty about Roy. Who thought it was a good idea to make two Marth clones :mad:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

Dammit I knew this was coming but I'm still really salty about Roy. Who thought it was a good idea to make two Marth clones :mad:

Me. I did. Nice to meet you.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Lucas is awesome, Ryu is super awesome, Roy is also awesome, stfu

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Spectral Debt posted:

I'm just waiting for tomorrow when someone (and you know someone will) out there is going to complain that the mini Smash direct has no new information and was hoping that in the last 24 hours they'd include looks at stuff that's months off from completion.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spectral Debt posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm just waiting for tomorrow when someone (and you know someone will) out there is going to complain that the mini Smash direct has no new information and was hoping that in the last 24 hours they'd include looks at stuff that's months off from completion.

roy and ryu are done though

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ruggington posted:

roy and ryu are done though

Yeah I know, I mean there's gonna be people wanting in-depth looks at who's coming after those two when the direct probably has no plans to discuss information for characters and stages scheduled for the far off future.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

They just don't want to spoil the surprise for when they patch in Wolf during the Captain Rainbow content update

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

we now have a pit and dark pit and a ryu amd evil ryu confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Does this guy know the voting is open until October and Ryu wasn't even influenced by it?

The answer lies in the heart of battle.

• Locked thread