Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

rjmccall posted:

what the gently caress does it mean to invert a binary tree? a binary tree is not really a special case generic directed graph because the edges are semantically labelled. considering it as one anyway and then inverting the edges erases or changes basically every interesting property of binary trees and disallows the assumed specialized representation

do they mean reversing a binary tree, so that left nodes become right nodes? that is completely trivial and anybody who can't do even a simple recursive solution (perfectly reasonable if it's guaranteed balanced) ought to be ashamed of themselves

counterpoint: whiteboard coding sucks a big fat one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i just had a whiteboard interview by cool people so it was pretty good. the second they realized i knew what i was doing they said i could stop and we went back to just chatting. took about five minutes

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Necc0 posted:

i just had a whiteboard interview by cool people so it was pretty good. the second they realized i knew what i was doing they said i could stop and we went back to just chatting. took about five minutes
did they at least let you finish drawing the dickbutt?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
no :\

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://9to5google.com/2015/06/12/right-to-be-forgotten-france-threat/

first france trys to strong arm goog about advertisements and now this

watch them just pull out of france entirely

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol google's getting hosed. the "watch them pull out" threat is so dumb cause they'd be pulling out of a lot of markets. an appeals court in canada just ruled that they have to block globally as well

http://searchengineland.com/canadian-appeals-court-orders-google-to-censor-globally-223083

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i know its not really going to happen, but im surprised to not see them reacting yet

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I dont get it, google is a search engine right they just point to websites they dont host them themselves so how can they delete something they dont host?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

max4me posted:

I dont get it, google is a search engine right they just point to websites they dont host them themselves so how can they delete something they dont host?

they de-list it from the results, they don't delete it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
and doesn't the right to be forgotten apply to certain search terms only?

so if you're searching for a person by name, it will not show links to some news article, for example. but if you search for something else and the same news article is relevant, the link will show up.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wheany posted:

and doesn't the right to be forgotten apply to certain search terms only?

so if you're searching for a person by name, it will not show links to some news article, for example. but if you search for something else and the same news article is relevant, the link will show up.

yeah thats the idea

but google are trying to misrepresent it as blackholing entire blocks of the internet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

rjmccall posted:

what the gently caress does it mean to invert a binary tree? a binary tree is not really a special case generic directed graph because the edges are semantically labelled. considering it as one anyway and then inverting the edges erases or changes basically every interesting property of binary trees and disallows the assumed specialized representation

do they mean reversing a binary tree, so that left nodes become right nodes? that is completely trivial and anybody who can't do even a simple recursive solution (perfectly reasonable if it's guaranteed balanced) ought to be ashamed of themselves

how do apple interviews look like

ps: is the position for second coming of steve open

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

beware the anti-stebe

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

poty posted:

how do apple interviews look like

ps: is the position for second coming of steve open

you go in, talk to the hiring manager. she asks if you're a virgin. you move to the white room and do whiteboard problems while 1-2 engineers watch you. they whisper to each other as you fret nervously. If you pass, you get to talk to either director or vp.

yes but stebes ghost also watches you in the room.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if youre not a virgin, you skip the whiteboard and go to the high five room

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Snapchat A Titty posted:

if youre not a virgin, you skip the whiteboard and go to the high five room

how would you know

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

I like how with google's redesigned maps, if you're in lite mode you can no longer alter the route if you can't use the 3d. So if it picks a dumb route and your platform doesn't support the new (and pointless) 3d, you've lost functionality for no benefit. gg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PleasureKevin posted:

how would you know

:(

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

the motivating factor for google to do this is fear that some other startup will eat their lunch and that fear exists because larry knows fundamentally their company has no durable moat compared to apple (40 years old and still owning)

apple had no "moat" to speak of until 2009, and nearly went bankrupt more than once. you really, really, really can't look at apple's history of misamnagement and grotesque failure for inspiration

the only narrative that might work is "hey look this consumer electronics giant came out of a failed computer firm!"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

sorry if you don't think apple has a moat then you don't actually understand their business

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

cremnob posted:

don't actually understand

it's you!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*does the wave*

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Snapchat A Titty posted:

*does the wave*

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

PleasureKevin posted:

they de-list it from the results, they don't delete it
People are angry that Chilling Effects lists all delisted URLs. If a search query returns a delisted result you can click on a link at the bottom of the page that will tell you the URLs that were delisted. lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

stop the presses

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/13/google-redesigns-downloads-as-notification-center-cards-in-chrome-os-beta-release/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yaos posted:

People are angry that Chilling Effects lists all delisted URLs. If a search query returns a delisted result you can click on a link at the bottom of the page that will tell you the URLs that were delisted. lol

tbh ive never made a search that had a "chilling effects" link where i thought the effects were chilling. its always when im going like keyword+torrent

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cremnob posted:

sorry if you don't think apple has a moat then you don't actually understand their business

of course they have a mote its in all the campus 2 drawings

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

tbh ive never made a search that had a "chilling effects" link where i thought the effects were chilling. its always when im going like keyword+torrent

i feel a chill when i research Slenderman... *shudders* Yikes!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Smythe posted:

i feel a chill when i research Slenderman... *shudders* Yikes!

oh dude dont even joke, ive put a block in my ad filter so i dont get pics of slendermang

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Snapchat A Titty posted:

oh dude dont even joke, ive put a block in my ad filter so i dont get pics of slendermang

ah the mexican stereotype slenderman

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Boxturret posted:

ah the mexican stereotype slenderman

homes don gently caress with slendercholo

im white so i get to be racist a f and i can just be like literally all other white people are ten times as racist as me. poo poo owns.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

they had no moat of any significance until 2009, when they blundered into one by accident

remember that their original mobile strategy was to have a few touch extensions to javascript

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

It’s a welcome change for the Internet-centric computing experience on the Chromebook.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

they had no moat of any significance until 2009, when they blundered into one by accident

remember that their original mobile strategy was to have a few touch extensions to javascript

you mean that accidental bit when they pivoted after their initial mistake and built the best App Store in existence?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
reasoning so hosed up they call you Notorious RIM

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ahmeni posted:

you mean that accidental bit when they pivoted after their initial mistake and built the best App Store in existence?
wow that's just like the time they pivoted itunes into the itunes music store

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

ahmeni posted:

lol if you dont think that the app store wasnt planned since they greenlighted the iphone

are you one of those people that think that the purpose of pr is to tell the truth all day every day

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ahmeni posted:

no, he doesn't mean something that never ever happened

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

poty posted:

lol if you dont think that the app store wasnt planned since they greenlighted the iphone

are you one of those people that think that the purpose of pr is to tell the truth all day every day

obviously they cooked up the whole thing in less than a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

obviously they cooked up the whole thing in less than a year

• Locked thread