Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I've been grinding honor points all morning, and then this happens.

What in the world? Resetting my phone and my app does nothing to change this.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Annointed posted:

I've been grinding honor points all morning, and then this happens.

What in the world? Resetting my phone and my app does nothing to change this.

There's a wait time before you can use a friend again for quests/vortex, I think it's a few hours. Friends will pop back up after that wait time but you won't accrue Honor Points from them until 5pm PDT or whenever that reset time is.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, looks like you just flat ran out of friends to get honor out of.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Two things.

1. I just finished all the story dungeons, what should my next goal be?

2. Could somebody throw a 7* selena up so I could do a mecha totem and get my 7* kikuri.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Agent355 posted:

Two things.

2. Could somebody throw a 7* selena up so I could do a mecha totem and get my 7* kikuri.

I can toss up selena for you. 0956384096.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Two things.

Grand Gaia Cronicles if you haven't already. Trial missions (50 energy) in Randall. Raid Battles as well (orbs refresh every hour like Arena orbs).

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Gerdalti posted:

I can toss up selena for you. 0956384096.

sent request

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Agent355 posted:

sent request

Accepted, get some machines.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Took a drat long time for the game to update and put you as an option for taking into the dungeon but now I got the mecha totem. Thanks.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So I've got a Burst Emperor, and a Sefia with level 7 SBB. If I throw it at her, do the other 2 levels carry over to UBB or are they wasted?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If your six star has sbb level 10 and becomes a seven star, what bb level does it have? Does it go to sbb level 5 or what?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

TARDISman posted:

So I've got a Burst Emperor, and a Sefia with level 7 SBB. If I throw it at her, do the other 2 levels carry over to UBB or are they wasted?

There aren't any additional levels of UBB. Once you max out SBB, you unlock UBB and that's it. The extra two levels will be wasted.

Annointed posted:

If your six star has sbb level 10 and becomes a seven star, what bb level does it have? Does it go to sbb level 5 or what?

The BB levels on evolution are halved. For SBB 10, you will go down to SBB 1 on evolution.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
2 Summons today:
4* Orna (G)
5* Grandt(A)

Not too bad.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I decided to go grab a mifune from one of the quests so I could make a imp/king buster team and stop taking so drat long to do those dungeons.

3rd run of that lizeria dungeon got it. Awwww yes.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

I decided to go grab a mifune from one of the quests so I could make a imp/king buster team and stop taking so drat long to do those dungeons.

3rd run of that lizeria dungeon got it. Awwww yes.

Make sure it's a breaker typing!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Why is it important for it to be breaker? Don't I just want it for the %chance to ignore defense anyway?

Just checked, it is a breaker which is good because I already evolved it to the 5* version and that would've been annoying if it actually is nessecary.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
IIRC only a max atk imped breaker mifune will be able to SBB hard enough to bypass metal god defense, though it still needs some good atk spheres. The reason it's important is because it lets you blow through imp parades at insane speeds because you just SBB with mifune and attack with the leader (Elza or so) for their BC drops to keep the SBB going.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

Why is it important for it to be breaker? Don't I just want it for the %chance to ignore defense anyway?

Just checked, it is a breaker which is good because I already evolved it to the 5* version and that would've been annoying if it actually is nessecary.

His damage multiplier is so high (800%) that breaker becomes much more valuable. What looks like only 200 atk difference in typing turns into a lot.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I thought running him as leader with his 15% chance to bypass armor was what allowed you to imp/metal quickly? 15% isn't much but if you just have everybody auto attacking you'd still clear it far faster than you would without it.

But either way I have a breaker 5* and assuming he doesn't switch types when evolved (isn't that a thing? i thought I read that somewhere) I can somehow imp him out and level his BB/SBB.

I'm at the point where I have enough maximum stamina that I run out of time faster than I run out of stamina, so creating a fast clear engine would be a good investment.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

I thought running him as leader with his 15% chance to bypass armor was what allowed you to imp/metal quickly? 15% isn't much but if you just have everybody auto attacking you'd still clear it far faster than you would without it.

But either way I have a breaker 5* and assuming he doesn't switch types when evolved (isn't that a thing? i thought I read that somewhere) I can somehow imp him out and level his BB/SBB.

I'm at the point where I have enough maximum stamina that I run out of time faster than I run out of stamina, so creating a fast clear engine would be a good investment.

You don't use Mifune for his leader skill, you use him for his insanely powerful, and quick animation SBB to one shot all the imps and Metal God in one turn. The idea is you pump his attack stat so high with attack Imps, spheres, and leader skills, his SBB will do so much damage it'll overcome the high defense of a Metal God.

Units changing their type when evolving is a random, yet rare glitch Gumi has done nothing to fix. It is very unlikely to happen. In the EU version of BF they introduced a Mystery Frog (like a Burst Frog), that will randomly change a unit's type.

In an ideal setting you would run your imp parade spam team as follows.

Option 1
7* Kukuri lead (Lexida + Sol Creator or Virtue Stone)
6* Breaker Mifune with max attack imps (Urias + Heresy Orb) or (Blighted Seal + Heresy Orb) if not capped imps.
Any friend

Option 2
6* Elza lead (Lexida + Sol Creator or Virtue Stone)
6* Breaker Mifune (Blighted Seal + Heresy Orb)
Any friend

First turn/battle
1. Fujin Mifune.
2. regular attack with Kikuri/Elza and your friend (to generate BC drops)
3. SBB Mifune (to maybe spark with the regular attacks).
4. Everything's dead.

Second turn/battle.
1. regular attack with Kikuri/Elza and your friend (to generate BC drops)
2. SBB Mifune (to maybe spark with the regular attacks).
3. Everything's dead.

Final turn/battle
1. SBB Mifune and stage clear.

It will take around 50-80 seconds to clear all three stages if you don't waste too much time with the "Connecting" screen. During the half energy event, I was able to do 22 runs worth of energy, level up and burn another 22 runs worth of energy before my one hour time limit was up.

Also, it helps if you have the unit space to accomdate 100+ imps, otherwise you will waste valuable time fusing imps to make space during your one hour limit.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well I have a 7* kukuri so I guess it's option 1 then. I don't have any of those spheres because I"m a filthy newbie but I got the wiki to tell me where to get em. I'm not sure what to do about max imping Mifune though.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Well I have a 7* kukuri so I guess it's option 1 then. I don't have any of those spheres because I"m a filthy newbie but I got the wiki to tell me where to get em. I'm not sure what to do about max imping Mifune though.

Lexida is from clearing Selena's level 3 Grand Gaia Cronicle Vortex dungeon. Urias is from Atro's. Sol Creator is a craftable sphere. Virtue Stone is a Frontier Hunter reward. Blighted Seal is from clearing Trial:X2 and Heresy Orb is clearing "The Green Menace" Trial in Randall.

Super Honor Summon just started literally 30 minutes ago, you'll get a few imps from that, also soon enough Frontier Hunter will start and Imps are rewards from that. It's best to save your Imp keys for when half energy Vortex comes back so you got time to prepare!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Man SHS is so nice. Maxed out a ton of units including Ultor, aurelia and shera. Time to just hold onto gems for a good rate up, since i have great variety of choices to fill any role right now. Although i'd like a Kanon for additional stat null coverage for dark fights. Aurelia is great for it but no +hp on her LS, although it does add def, rec, bc, hc.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Decided to pull for a Feeva on the rate up since I had 90 some gems. 3 Pulls later I have an Anima Feeva. A+ would pull again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Fusion rate up is active now. Time to feed and level 7* Kikuri and Elimo. Let's give them 5 same-element crystals each...

Yes that'll do, that'll do just fine. :getin:

Did 1 pull on this rate up event and got a breaker Orna. It's a new unit at least. :confuoot:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Michele, Exvehl, and Melchio 7* info is being released during the JPBF update.

quote:

Evo Mats:

Elemental Machine God
Miracle Totem
Elemental Totem
Dragon Mimic
Legend Stone
1,500,000 Zel

7 ★ Michele
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2452 {300}
Def: 2000 {600}
HP: 6555 {1000}
Rec: 2271 {400}
Hits: 18 / 2 DC
Cost: 40
LS: 100% Atk/30% HP, 5 Elements required + 40% Ares
BB: 20 Hits, 260% AoE {+100 flat} + 115% Atk Buff for three turns + Fire element buff for three turns
BC Cost: 22 // Max BC Gen: 20
SBB: 24 Hits, 500% AoE {+100 flat} + 140% Atk Buff/40% Crit buff for three turns + Fire Element buff for three turns
BC Cost: 16 // Max BC Gen: 24
UBB: 34 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + 220% Atk Buff for three turns + 300% Crit multiplier buff for three turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 34
Extra Skill: 20% Atk/Def/Hp/Rec + Dark element buff on BB/SBB to party for three turns
Req: 47201 {Duel Fragment}
Arena Type: 1

7 ★ Exvehl
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2233 {300}
Def: 2000 {600}
HP: 6752 {1000}
Rec: 2405 {400}
Hits: 12 / 3 DC
LS: 40% HP + 500/1k Heal/Turn {+10% Rec} + 20% Dmg to HP when attacked, 40% chance
BB: Cure Ailments + Resist Ailments buff for three turns + 20% Max HP buff to party
BC Cost: 15 // Max BC Gen: -
SBB: 28 Hits, 500% AoE {+100 flat} + Cure Ailments + Resist Ailments buff for three turns + 30% Ares buff for three turns BC Cost: 30 // Max BC Gen: 28
UBB: 32 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + 20% HP to Atk convert buff for three turns + Unknown Param BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 32
Extra Skill: 100% Ailments Resistance
Arena Type: 2

7 ★ Melchio
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2246 {440}
Def: 2223 {760}
HP: 6611 {1500}
Rec: 2208 {600}
Hits: 16 / 3 DC
LS: 15% Ignore def chance + 80% Atk + 7 BC fill when attacking, 100% chance
BB: 18 Hits, 240% Light/Fire/Water/Earth AoE {+100 flat} + Light Element buff for three turns + Resist Ailments buff for three turns
BC Cost: 22 // Max BC Gen: 18
SBB: 20 Hits, 450% Light/Fire/Water/Earth AoE {+100 flat} + Light Element buff for three turns + Resist Ailments for three turns + 30% Def to Atk convert buff for three turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 20
UBB: 24 Hits, 1000% Light/Fire/Water/Earth AoE {+100 flat} + Cure Ailments + Resist Ailments buff for three turns + 75% Mitigation for one turn BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 24
Extra Skill: 20% Atk/Def/Hp/Rec + Cure Ailments on BB/SBB
Req: 47200 {White Armor}
Arena Type: 1

Michele and Melchio have their own GGC spheres they will need to activate their ES. Exvehl will just need SBB10/UBB unlocked.

On paper, Michele can potentially be the new Arena lead for Rainbow teams overthrowing Quaid, by exchanging 20% BB reduction and 30% BB boost for 30% HP and a 40% BB boost. Her BB, on paper will do more damage than Quaid's BB as well. They both have the same 100% attack LS.
Exvehl looks like he's just an upgraded version of himself, pretty cool, but not game breaking. His BB offers something unique, by increasing everyone's max HP by 20% for 3 turns. That's pretty cool. Elmedia has it on her SBB, but only to herself. Exvehl is the first to boost everyone's HP with a BB
Melchio is also an upgrade of himself, but not by much and doesn't really outclass any of the new 7* I feel like.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Any reason I should keep Aisha, Homusubi, Vishra, Orwen, Dean, Rickel, Reeze, Lucina, Phee, Arius, Kuhla, Jack, Twins, Zelban, Golem, Luly, Ophelia, Darvan, Nalmika [Might actually keep her], Kushra, Sodis, Tiara, Zellha, Yujeh, Alice, Lira, Lunaris, Zephyr, Kajah, and Lidor? unsure if any are good with the others I have. They're just sitting there wasting space and turning them into raidbucks seems more useful.

Also I realised I have a Kikuri and I should level her up.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Dizz posted:

Any reason I should keep Aisha, Homusubi, Vishra, Orwen, Dean, Rickel, Reeze, Lucina, Phee, Arius, Kuhla, Jack, Twins, Zelban, Golem, Luly, Ophelia, Darvan, Nalmika [Might actually keep her], Kushra, Sodis, Tiara, Zellha, Yujeh, Alice, Lira, Lunaris, Zephyr, Kajah, and Lidor? unsure if any are good with the others I have. They're just sitting there wasting space and turning them into raidbucks seems more useful.

Also I realised I have a Kikuri and I should level her up.

Never know when old 6* units will get 7*. For example, with what you have now, Kushra is actually Ronel at 6* and Gumi just enabled the 7* in global, Griel. Alice and Golem (Gravion) will also be getting a 7* in Global soon.

If you're that hard up on space, spend a few Gems to increase your unit capacity. We get a free gem every week from daily login if you're capped at that.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is Kushra worth getting to 7*? I was considering Elimo or Kikuri since those legend stones are expensive and I didn't think I would have needed those points so early. Currently getting Zelnite to 7* since I've neglected him for so long and he always seems good on a team.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Unless you really need Kushra, no, they aren't worth it. Kikuri with the scarlet pin has a shitload of HP and Attack, but Elimo's going to be more useful in harder content than either of the others. She covers healing+mitigation and status removal or defense boosting. Her only downside is that her BB and SBB don't deal damage and contribute to BC generation.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kushra/Griel 7* is a straight upgrade more or less to Rin if you're using her (like I was) but she suffers a lot of the same issues of trying to do too much and not being all that stellar at any of it. She's good if you're hurting for Status Null and BC gen in the same unit, but that's her biggest niche.

Also, Rickel is one of the most reliable ways of inflicting Paralysis, which will help you through the Cardes trial if you don't have a Semira.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 15, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Dizz posted:

Is Kushra worth getting to 7*? I was considering Elimo or Kikuri since those legend stones are expensive and I didn't think I would have needed those points so early. Currently getting Zelnite to 7* since I've neglected him for so long and he always seems good on a team.

If you don't have Feeva, Griel is worth it. Griel is also better than Zelnite for BC/HC generation. Everyone has their opinions but, to me, Griel had a great all around leader skill; +30% HP, Status Null, and +10% HC/BC. Decent for a lot of events. Not amazing, but not bad either.

Zelnite only has a 6* form, not 7*. Zelnite has been completely outclassed except for item farming, but even then Nick is better at that (5% vs 3%) but who the gently caress uses Nick. It pains me to admit it because Zelnite is one of my favorite units; he was the first one I completely capped out.

Elimo is worth it, one of the best healing mitigators in the game currently. Kikuri is also a great attack unit.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I was mostly going to use Zelnite with Fang+Fei for BC boosting poo poo in the cardes trial with two maxwell, Arus, maybe a grah or something. I've got Semira so i don't need to worry about Rickel unless she gets an amazing 7* or some poo poo. Though I will admit 150 max units is way too small and i need to really expand.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I leveled and evolved Lucana for the elemental buffs only to realize that Aneil's the one who gives the 4 elements. Time to see what type I have of him, if any, and get to work. :suicide:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Decided to do some pulls because I've already got all the good units I currently have up to 6* or better and super honor summons is going on. I got in order Jack, Nick, Bonnie, Zedus, Feeva, and Feeva.

One Feeva is a lord, the other a Breaker. I'm assuming I should keep the breaker?

Also how accurate is the tier list currently? I know it's missing the new 7* units like kikuri but outside of that is it pretty much accurate still?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Decided to do some pulls because I've already got all the good units I currently have up to 6* or better and super honor summons is going on. I got in order Jack, Nick, Bonnie, Zedus, Feeva, and Feeva.

One Feeva is a lord, the other a Breaker. I'm assuming I should keep the breaker?

Also how accurate is the tier list currently? I know it's missing the new 7* units like kikuri but outside of that is it pretty much accurate still?

Feeva >>> No Feeva.
Breaker Feeva > Lord Feeva

Jack and Nick are Christmas exclusives. eh
Bonnie is an Easter exclusive.
Zedus is a SBS unit and will get a 7* form sometime after July (Ultor and Tridon get theirs then)

Tier list from reddit is somewhat accurate although not kept up to date.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's worth noting that they're not "exclusive"; they still appear in the summons. I got two Nicks right before the Achievement System rolled out, a Ciara (one of the Halloween units) a few months before that, and an Eva as like my second Rare Summon ever.

However, they all were seasonal releases, which also means they're all global-specific units, which also also means they all require Bulbs to evolve. loving bulbs... :argh:

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Poala Bear posted:

Melchio is also an upgrade of himself, but not by much and doesn't really outclass any of the new 7* I feel like.

Melchio now has the highest normal attack DC in the game IIRC. Add that to his 4 element BB and he's up there with Atro+Urias and Quaid as arena specials.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Damegane posted:

Melchio now has the highest normal attack DC in the game IIRC. Add that to his 4 element BB and he's up there with Atro+Urias and Quaid as arena specials.

I was about to shout he gets 5 elements!... then I realized they removed Thunder from his element pool? Possible Lodin 7*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Exvehl looks really underwhelming. I think I just have a soft spot in my heart for him being one of my first units. As long as they don't mess with his attack animation too much he should be good for FH. He sparks like crazy with Lario/Shera/Shida.

• Locked thread