Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Roy's fully charged normal B kills at 0%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TVs Ian posted:

Huh, the character portrait is Mario, I wonder if he swapped files around to just turn Mario into Ryu or what. I didn't know Wii U hacking was that far along, the only thing I had seen was someone messing with Mario Kart 8 a little.

I wonder just how soon until the new unannounced characters will be available to buy. I know with everything here some people are probably assuming they'll be available "right now" but I could see them originally having been made to be released later on in the summer. Just because that's now Nintendo usually does things.

At least it seems we're past the point of gamers wailing and gnashing their teeth over having to pay for characters/content "already in the update I had to download/on the disc I bought".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Huh, Ryu has multiple Final Smashes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
God, I really hope the special annoucement tomorrow is "You can buy Roy and Ryu right now too". I want all of the new characters!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At least it seems we're past the point of gamers wailing and gnashing their teeth over having to pay for characters/content "already in the update I had to download/on the disc I bought".

You missed that very complaint a bit upthread. Someone was mad that they had to buy the character when the patch downloads for free and he already has the data.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

jivjov posted:

God, I really hope the special annoucement tomorrow is "You can buy Roy and Ryu right now too". I want all of the new characters!

That would be amazing, but they've got to save SOMETHING for E3.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Motto posted:

Huh, Ryu has multiple Final Smashes.

How do you use them? Also do you have a webm or something?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cicadas! posted:

Isn't tomorrow the special smash content announcement?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jivjov posted:

Isn't tomorrow the special smash content announcement?

Yeah, for all intents and purposes tomorrow is where Smash Bros's E3 stuff is going to happen. This will be their big announcement, three new fighters and three new stages. All available immediately.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Creadiar's stream just went offline.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there video (with sound) of the Ryu gameplay? I tuned in for Roy, but missed Ryu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jiro posted:

Creadiar's stream just went offline.

rip

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lucinice posted:

How do you use them? Also do you have a webm or something?

Don't know, but in the twitch recordings I saw both a Hadoken FS and a Shoryuken FS. He was still able to use the regular Shoryuken, so I'm guessing it depends on whether or not there's somebody right next to you. If yes, Shinku Shoryuken, if no, Shinku Hadoken.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dreamland's back, and it's exactly as you remember it.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
They look finished. I'm willing to bet they release them the moment they officially announce them.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

For E3 they reveal that Konami let them use Snake and Bomberman.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cabbagepots posted:

They look finished. I'm willing to bet they release them the moment they officially announce them.

Yeah, tomorrow we'll have this all revealed and immediately released, then they'll end the presentation with a reveal of the next DLC character or something.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SilverSupernova posted:

Nintendo went to the dumpster out back and found Konami just sitting in it. Finders keepers.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

I thought you only liked giant fighters

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SilverSupernova posted:

In return they are beholden to Konami for a favor.

Luckily that favor is lobbying for the legalization of gambling in Japan, which ends up being a positive for Nintendo who can then start official Hanafuda tournaments which leads to the reveal of the final DLC character, the guy on the front of the Hanafuda card box.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

FOCUS ATTACK MAKES PEOPLE FALL DOWN

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cicadas! posted:

I thought you only liked giant fighters

Yeah I do all-Rosalina mushroom CPU battles on Onett sometimes, it's all good

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Please don't encourage him. Please don't make eye contact.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This man on twitch is not even using ryu's attacks. hes just showing off his b moves and his hadoken final smash over and over. I want to see his back air.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish Twitch wasn't poo poo, because this is actually something I want to watch beyond buffering screens.

That said at least I caught that Ryu can use two Final Smashes. I'm guessing how close you are with the opponent changes which he uses. He looks super cool.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cicadas! posted:

FOCUS ATTACK MAKES PEOPLE FALL DOWN

Crumple state, just like SF4. I noticed some of Ryu's hit sounds are straight from SF2, too. :)

His voice actor's different, though. Maybe it's the Japanese one?

E: Whoa, what, half circle fireball!?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nintendo went to the dumpster out back and found Konami just sitting in it. Finders keepers.

Finally, Goemon in Smash.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
God I wanna know if you can FADC so bad.

FADC into Final Smash.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

:frogsiren:HE'S GOT INPUTS!!!:frogsiren:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Jiro posted:

So is there an update that is out that he hosed around with or something?

Apparently Japan got the patch already, that's where all the datamined models, music, ending videos, etc. came from.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How do you do the different hadokens???

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Cicadas! posted:

Yeah, it got bandied around the internet but everybody dismissed it as rumor-mongering. Sure is weird seeing what ends up being true after the fact.
I don't think they found any other characters, but data for Ryu's stage and another Kirby stage were found, IIRC.

It was sound files with their names, I believe.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

the wildest rear end posted:

Apparently you can do Street FIghter motions to get the EX versions of moves? That's what chats saying but I dunno how you tell that just from looking.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

the wildest rear end posted:

My guess is it's like Samus's missiles and you can either tilt or smash.

E: Sign breaking confirmed. SF2 lives on.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 13, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Streamer said you can do SF inputs to get EX moves on Ryu instead of his normal specials.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Suspicious Cook posted:

My guess is it's like Samus's missiles and you can either tilt or smash.

Isn't Hadoken neutral-B?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Apparently you can do Street FIghter motions to get the EX versions of moves? That's what chats saying but I dunno how you tell that just from looking.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Streamer said you can do SF inputs to get EX moves on Ryu instead of his normal specials.

Thats amazing. I love this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ahahaha ryu is going to be so rad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jivjov posted:

Isn't Hadoken neutral-B?

From what I am looking at, normal B is the regular blue hadoken, but if you do a b reverse then its the stronger red one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

quote:

crediar: you can do all specials with the street fighter moves!

So looks like you can actually do the inputs, so the fire Hadoken would be half circle forward and B.

I love Smash. :allears:

Ryu can Tatsumaki for horizontal recovery and still Shoryuken for vertical. He's not as bad as Mac off the stage, at least.

• Locked thread