Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke in ASB was the manliest sounding fifteen year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Moltrey posted:

Josuke in ASB was the manliest sounding fifteen year old.

I dunno, Dio already sounded pretty suave at, what, 12? when we saw him in episode 1.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I think that joke would've worked better with Polnareff, considering his Stand Cry.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Hey, I just wanted to jump into this thread quickly to ask a question without getting any spoilers past part 5.

Did Araki forget to make Josuke be able to time travel? I've never seen a story writer forget his own foreshadowing before.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe he decided he didn't want him to time travel

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Silentman0 posted:

Hey, I just wanted to jump into this thread quickly to ask a question without getting any spoilers past part 5.

Did Araki forget to make Josuke be able to time travel? I've never seen a story writer forget his own foreshadowing before.

Yeah. I heard that he was going to be sent back in time by Bites The Dust but couldn't think of a good way for him to get back, but that might have just been speculation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We had a discussion about this. There's nothing that suggests that Josuke was ever going to time travel other than "Araki Said." Their uniforms aren't even the same. It might have been part of an abandoned plot, but it works well enough as being just a kind stranger to reinforce the theme of Morioh being full of cool people.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Silentman0 posted:

It never was time travel foreshadowing.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
And hey while we're at it was Mikitaka REALLY an alien!?!?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mikitaka is Araki's self-insert. Rohan was a red herring.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Josuke didn't need to go back in time and Part 4 is better for it.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Mikitaka is Araki's self-insert. Rohan was a red herring.

Araki is a silent observer meant to observe humanity. Jojo is an attempt to expedite our evolution.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke going back in time was just a fan theory.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Today I remember that Rohan has a spin-off manga, so I decided to read it.

It begins with Rohan mentioning how he's bankrupt because he bought six mountains to prevent the building of a road so that he could study a yokai for his manga.

I made the right choice reading this. :allears:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Hey I never said I knew anything about how anime was made, just asking questions

Smart people put Uznare on ignore, he doesn't really do anything but vomit rage at anyone who says a thing he doesn't like.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Josuke went back in time because of Bites the Dust and couldn't return until Made in Heaven sped up time in Part 6 also Giornio was there with him because of GER and that's why he wasn't in Florida my uncle works in Araki's mansion and can verify

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Isn't the SRB universe the rebooted original universe?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's just one of many alternate universes Araki decided to write about after MiH reset the world.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mikitaka isn't an alien because he's actually kars

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the real bullshit is that the gangster giorno saved never gets mentioned again despite him explicitly saying he's never going to forget him

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

the real bullshit is that the gangster giorno saved never gets mentioned again despite him explicitly saying he's never going to forget him

He watched over him in secret and threatened the people that made Giorno upset. Presumably he died or something by the beginning of Vento Aureo.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurora posted:

Isn't the SRB universe the rebooted original universe?

No, the SRB universe is just a reimagined setting. SBR was originally going to be its own thing instead of part 7 of Jojo.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

No, the SRB universe is just a reimagined setting. SBR was originally going to be its own thing instead of part 7 of Jojo.

I'm talking about the SRB universe, not SBR, idiot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

how is SRB different from SBR? i've never heard that acronym before

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The gently caress are you talking about.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

dogsicle posted:

how is SRB different from SBR? i've never heard that acronym before

enemystand.jpg and such

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke didn't need to go back in time and Part 4 is better for it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Is this actually true, or is this another "Araki said" thing with no source? Because I know there wasn't any stands or anything, but even from the start SBR felt like another Jojo story. I mean, when the main protagonist is a dude named Johnny Joestar it's tough not to think it was always intended to be part 7 of JJBA.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

The gently caress are you talking about.

Araki told me all about his idea for a different universe.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What is SRB? Am I going crazy?

Is this the work of an enemy Stand? :psyduck:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is this actually true, or is this another "Araki said" thing with no source? Because I know there wasn't any stands or anything, but even from the start SBR felt like another Jojo story. I mean, when the main protagonist is a dude named Johnny Joestar it's tough not to think it was always intended to be part 7 of JJBA.

Nothing about intent, but it was only referred to as Jojo part 7 after its move to Ultra Jump.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Not to mention that we get introduced to Diego "DIO" Brando and Gyro's GO! GO! ZEPPELI grill long before Johnny even appears...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What is SRB? Am I going crazy?

something something cape canaveral something something space shuttle

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Steel
Ball
Run

GO!GO!
ZEPPLI

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I just started reading Part 4 and Echoes Act Two is the coolest stand. Weaponized Araki sound effects!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So apparently Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe is a series of horror-themed events interspersed with Rohan shenanigans.

It seems neat so far, but some of it is pretty gross. The woman drinking the dead guy's overflowing blood. :barf:

Really, most of these events make the JJBA universe look like an even more frightening place to live in. As if Stand Users and Vampires weren't bad enough for normal people.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aren't the Rohan Kishibe things just Araki'd up takes on common garden myths?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd believe it. Most of this stuff is Rohan looking into or recounting supernatural phenomena.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
My uncle works for Nintendo Araki and he says that Jojo Parts 9, 10, and 11 have already been published in secret under a pseudonym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

50 Shades of Gray trilogy.