Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Jesus christ xboct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

what'd he do

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Balobam posted:

what'd he do

Killed everyone

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

he upgraded to 5

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
What were the conflicts that caused Dreamleague to have so few top tier teams?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

RiskyChris posted:

What were the conflicts that caused Dreamleague to have so few top tier teams?
Empire had visa issues, their replacement was Vega Squadron who also couldn't go so Basically Unknown, a team that already disbanded after the TI qualifiers and came in last place in the Dreamleauge groups went instead. Some larger teams like EG just didn't bother playing.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

CampingCarl posted:

Some larger teams like EG just didn't bother playing.

There's been LANs in China, NA, and EU in the past few weeks; with MLG/MarsTV being simultaneous. VP, NIP, Alliance, and Navi did go to two. As for other top teams, PR were eliminated by "Crucial Team" in the early rounds, Complexity by "EE's Disciples", and teams like London and Tinker/Mouz were not as big a deal?

Honestly, I always saw Dreamleague as a regional/EU tournament the past few seasons. EG and Liquid participated the first one, but since then it's been EU West vs EU East. All four invited teams are EU teams.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
gently caress why is the ingame audio so awful

let me just listen to the charlie brown teacher cast the whole tournament

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

There's been LANs in China, NA, and EU in the past few weeks; with MLG/MarsTV being simultaneous. VP, NIP, Alliance, and Navi did go to two. As for other top teams, PR were eliminated by "Crucial Team" in the early rounds, Complexity by "EE's Disciples", and teams like London and Tinker/Mouz were not as big a deal?

Honestly, I always saw Dreamleague as a regional/EU tournament the past few seasons. EG and Liquid participated the first one, but since then it's been EU West vs EU East. All four invited teams are EU teams.

Tinker/Mouz were eliminated in the open qualifiers

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/DreamLeague/Season_3/Main_Qualifier_4

Wheeee Rapier Gyro

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Rest in peace Unknown.

Ed: This arise interview owns.

RiskyChris fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 13, 2015

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Arise having a breakdown live on stream.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cabbit posted:

he did a pretty good job of controlling himself considering Jess was trying to bait him into saying more

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Cabbit posted:

God bless Jess for asking him to elaborate on how angry he is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I love arise :allears:

Cabbit posted:

Nah, thats pretty much standard arise.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

arise is always on the edge of having a breakdown

thats who he is

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
rip sing song

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ComeWithMe is playing really well

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
The netherward are ruining BU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
cwm's blinks tho :wth:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well that sure escalated quickly

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well that blew up quickly

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I like era's mismatched am weapons

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I say this every time i watch BU, but neqroman really isnt good enough for top level dota.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

BU was pretty much in full tilt this game, probably from throwing the last one so badly.

Most hilarious moment was Singsing casually walking past Dire's T1 mid tower, in full vision, heading alone into the Dire jungle. He ends up just looking at some camps, then dying to the entire enemy team who began converging on him as soon as they saw him walk past tower. I don't even know what he was trying to do.

TheRat posted:

I say this every time i watch BU, but neqroman really isnt good enough for top level dota.

:agreed:

He always goes for the pubstar super aggressive plays, which is great when they work but most of the time they don't. He died at least 3 times to NIP's counterganks by YOLO blinking into Leshrac immediately when BU's supports came to gank the lane.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
never forget the best ti3 team ever:

for comparison, the best ti2 team:

was there a "best team" sort of thing for ti4? There was one for the first ti where it was just synderen photoshopped to have a long neck on all 5 members of his team at the time but i can't find it

e; found it lmao

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 14, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ixBulba88 never gets old

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The LGD v CDEC story never fails to amuse. I remember when CDEC was Maybe and four losers as the LGD juniors team that was so bad, then they got good, and now LGD decided to take back Maybe and bring back Xiao8/Sylar and they still get 2-0'ed by CDEC.

One of the other players was replaced at some point but that's three pubstars that somehow manage to hang in against the top of ChinaDoto.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

why do people still get lumi to cast? he literally just makes poo poo up and has no clue what's going on

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Dendi still the best :swoon:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
It's going to be nice to see Navi play against Secret when TI rolls around. I'm sure Secret will crush them but it has a lot of potential.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
fng is a god.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Lil on the Rubrick had been very impressive so far.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

derra posted:

Lil on the Rubrick had been very impressive so far.

Yeah, i meant lil instead of fng. Fng is great though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is there anything like a "loleventvods" subreddit for dota? Something that compiles every tournament into one place to watch?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The most perfectly still crowd in existence.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Who's the guy with the glorious hair on VP?

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Who's the guy with the glorious hair on VP?

FNG :swoon:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

VP are okay at Dota, I guess.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
0-1-0 Fng :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GreyPowerVan posted:

Is there anything like a "loleventvods" subreddit for dota? Something that compiles every tournament into one place to watch?

Not really, since caster studios control the vods. You might use stuff like Dota2Tournaments on youtube, but they get shutdown sometimes.

• Locked thread