Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's a shame that more superheroes don't really take martial training. I guess that's more a D.C. problem though, if you look around the marvel wiki you see claims that basically every superhero has black-belt level martial arts skills from that weekend they spent in the danger room with Shang-Chi, or whatever. Superman and Flash are kind of the prime examples of heroes that could do truly ridiculous poo poo with training, Flash in particular ought to know lots of pressure points since fast, precision strikes are what he can really excel at. Plus the laws of comics says that eventually you'll be up against someone as fast and/or strong as you, if not better than you, and Supes should've had that Armbar locked and loaded for when Doomsday came along.

Overall it's a situation where 99% of the time that level of technique isn't necessary, but in that rare 1% situation it could really bail your rear end out, and when you spend the bulk of your day putting your life on the line against people with all sorts of crazy powers it seems like you'd want to be prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Let the rampant speculation begin, I guess...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Let the rampant speculation begin, I guess...

That's easy. It's fan-made:

SideshowCollectibles ‏@collectsideshow Jun 8
#SideshowTravel to the FUTURE and tell me what you see. BE CREATIVE! Closes 6/7 at 9am PT. Prize? MARTY MCFLY!

Kelly Michals ‏@rocbolt
@collectsideshow I've seen the future, it looks unstoppable! @clarkgregg "Oh. Spoiler alert" #SideshowTravel

https://twitter.com/rocbolt/status/608295063362273280

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Batman is literally a trained Ninja.

Coulson is going to get a robot arm like Billy Quizboy.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kheldarn posted:

That's easy. It's fan-made:

SideshowCollectibles ‏@collectsideshow Jun 8
#SideshowTravel to the FUTURE and tell me what you see. BE CREATIVE! Closes 6/7 at 9am PT. Prize? MARTY MCFLY!

Kelly Michals ‏@rocbolt
@collectsideshow I've seen the future, it looks unstoppable! @clarkgregg "Oh. Spoiler alert" #SideshowTravel

https://twitter.com/rocbolt/status/608295063362273280

Ah. Still, I really want to see Coulson just show up at the start of season 3 with a Iron Man-esque replacement hand like this, and just never have it addressed for the entire season except for a mid-credits scene at the very end with RDJ just casually making an adjustment.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
He needs a Baymaxesque rocket fist.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Masonity posted:

He needs a Baymaxesque rocket fist.

Only if he gets to shout "ROCKET PEACE" before firing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gG3HdtC8XE

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Ah. Still, I really want to see Coulson just show up at the start of season 3 with a Iron Man-esque replacement hand like this, and just never have it addressed for the entire season except for a mid-credits scene at the very end with RDJ just casually making an adjustment.

That would be great. And since RDJ wants to be in an episode...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Kheldarn posted:

And since RDJ wants to be in an episode...

When did he say that?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He said it in an AMA but I suspect he was just saying it to be nice. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened someday but it seems like there are a lot of steps between where we are now and him showing up. He still doesn't know Coulson is alive, for starters.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
RDJ is also insanely busy with both marvel movies and various other film projects and is by far the most expensive person to use in any marvel related property, assuming that he doesn't just agree to do a quick cameo for a very small fee. Hawkeye and Black Widow both seem like more sensible people to have pop in, and I could see an episode built around rescuing one of them from a dire situation, or calling on them to carry out a very difficult mission. I think that any MCU character can conceivably show up in any MCU property, but some are likelier than others.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Timett posted:

He said it in an AMA but I suspect he was just saying it to be nice. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened someday but it seems like there are a lot of steps between where we are now and him showing up. He still doesn't know Coulson is alive, for starters.

I think you're off the mark on this - it wasn't like he was asked if he wanted to be on AoS and said "Yeah sure thing", he was asked what TV shows he might like to guest star on and he said "Agents of SHIELD" with no prompting. If he didn't actually want to be on it, he probably wouldn't have brought it up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Doesn't RDJ really, really like being Tony Stark, too?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha at the final scene of season 2. I haven't laughed that much at anything in a long time. Hopefully they forget about her dumb rear end like that dude in the gravitonium.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 11, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

old dog child posted:

Doesn't RDJ really, really like being Tony Stark, too?

I get that impression too, but then again part of being an actor is portraying something fake convincingly so...

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Error 404 posted:

I get that impression too, but then again part of being an actor is portraying something fake convincingly so...

There's a difference between acting and lying. When an actor acts in a production, people generally know and understand that. Lying is different because you're actually trying to deceive people, it involves a level of malice that acting generally doesn't have or need. I can easily imagine someone being a good actor but a bad liar, simply because they don't like deception.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Season 2's on Netflix now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, what a good season. My only gripe is that they didn't ever bring back the Gravitonium. That's what I thought they were looking at when they got into the ship and that thing that swallowed Simmons. And it's probably gonna get more people when they come back and the door's still open.

Hopefully they've got cameras watching it by now in case it does something different than usual.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

RareAcumen posted:

Man, what a good season. My only gripe is that they didn't ever bring back the Gravitonium. That's what I thought they were looking at when they got into the ship and that thing that swallowed Simmons. And it's probably gonna get more people when they come back and the door's still open.

Hopefully they've got cameras watching it by now in case it does something different than usual.

Pretty sure they are keeping a lot of that on the shelf. This year they had a pretty clear goal of what they wanted to do: fight hydra and introduce inhumans. They also avoided bad-guy-of-the-week, which has proven to be important to the show.

Another character on the shelf is Donald Gill aka Blizzard. I would not be surprised in the least if icy dude and Lincoln had a powered white dude standoff sometime next season.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

kayakyakr posted:

Another character on the shelf is Donald Gill aka Blizzard. I would not be surprised in the least if icy dude and Lincoln had a powered white dude standoff sometime next season.

Stop it.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Yessss, finally. I didn't understand why they didn't upgrade him to regular earlier. I guess to maintain some suspense about whether he'd survive the season?
Anyway this is excellent news because he's by far the most charismatic member of the cast. Also there just need to be more scenes of him and Fitz hanging out. Hunter can be there too, he's cool as well. Too bad Fitz is going to be all mopey about Simmons. Ideally there's a time jump, everyone assumes the rock murdered Simmons, and Fitz is sadbrains, but has moved on to some degree.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm hoping Fitz doesn't mope around so much as get hyper motivated to do something about the situation. Fitz seems like a man of action.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Timett posted:

I'm hoping Fitz doesn't mope around so much as get hyper motivated to do something about the situation. Fitz seems like a man of action.

Science beeyotch.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Spatula City posted:

Yessss, finally. I didn't understand why they didn't upgrade him to regular earlier. I guess to maintain some suspense about whether he'd survive the season?
Anyway this is excellent news because he's by far the most charismatic member of the cast. Also there just need to be more scenes of him and Fitz hanging out. Hunter can be there too, he's cool as well. Too bad Fitz is going to be all mopey about Simmons. Ideally there's a time jump, everyone assumes the rock murdered Simmons, and Fitz is sadbrains, but has moved on to some degree.

Season 1 May is the most charismatic person on the cast. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Timett posted:

Probably just motivate him to do something very stupid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spatula City posted:

You don't upgrade mid-season, because the contract for that season is already set.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

You don't upgrade mid-season, because the contract for that season is already set.

They did for Mockingbird

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope they go the unexpected route, and have next season open 10 minutes later, Fitz comes back in to check on her, sees she's not there, and starts looking around.

Moments later, Simmons gets shot out of the rock, with several months of story to to tell.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I doubt that will happen, the MCU seems to follow real time.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Floppychop posted:

I doubt that will happen, the MCU seems to follow real time.

So have season three open with Fitz and Mac in the lab, talking about the Fitz/Simmons three month anniversary. How Mac was so proud of Fitz finally getting up the courage to ask her out. That it was obvious that she would say yes and they are great together.

Moments later, Simmons gets shot out of the rock, with several months of story to to tell.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

enigma105 posted:

So have season three open with Fitz and Mac in the lab, talking about the Fitz/Simmons three month anniversary. How Mac was so proud of Fitz finally getting up the courage to ask her out. That it was obvious that she would say yes and they are great together.

Moments later, Simmons gets shot out of the rock, with several months years of story to to tell.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Simmons pops out and she's as old as May.

:lost:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Still hoping Kree infiltrators will be the main plot drive next year.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

Simmons pops out and she's as old as May.

:lost:

Just as long as she looks as good. :pervert:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Third season starts up three Simmons' pop out, regular Simmons, evolved Simmons and Cavewoman Simmons.
The first episode is a repeat of the Farscape episode My Three Chritions.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's skrulls.

Everything is skrulls.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

David D. Davidson posted:

Third season starts up three Simmons' pop out, regular Simmons, evolved Simmons and Cavewoman Simmons.

That just sounds like an excuse to put her into a leather bikini.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

Still hoping Kree infiltrators will be the main plot drive next year.

Have to figure out what's going on in a New Jersey city where there is a vigilante who can control the size of her body.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

Soylentbits posted:

That just sounds like an excuse to put her into a leather bikini.

It's Simmons all the way down.

Regular Simmons, Cavewoman Simmons- who looks like Ayla- Chrome android Simmons, 1940s biplane pilot Simmons, Buff Russian Simmons, Terminator Simmons and Inhuman Simmons.

And also a Jojo Simmons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Is there an alternate universe where Jemma Simmons is played by Danielle Panabaker and Caitlin Snow is played by Elizabeth Henstridge and would anyone notice?

• Locked thread