Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

ayy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hey fellas. The VA got back to me about my disability claim. My rate is 60%, with payments backdated to April of last year. I suppose I should be happy because, hey, free money. But like I was telling guys in the chat earlier, it feels pretty hollow. Especially when there are vets out there who have it worse than me but received lower ratings. That's kind of messed up. But I'm not going to dwell on it; I was honest throughout the process and the rating that the VA gave is what they thought was warranted. I'm going to take a suggestion I received and donate a chunk of my monthly payments to a good veterans charity. Hopefully it will help someone out who really needs it :unsmith:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hey fellas. The VA got back to me about my disability claim. My rate is 60%, with payments backdated to April of last year. I suppose I should be happy because, hey, free money. But like I was telling guys in the chat earlier, it feels pretty hollow. Especially when there are vets out there who have it worse than me but received lower ratings. That's kind of messed up. But I'm not going to dwell on it; I was honest throughout the process and the rating that the VA gave is what they thought was warranted. I'm going to take a suggestion I received and donate a chunk of my monthly payments to a good veterans charity. Hopefully it will help someone out who really needs it :unsmith:

You're not responsible for the failings of a federal organization that exists to assist you.

Congrats on your 15k or whatever, you should get a sick chain

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Deathy McDeath posted:

never ever turn down free money from obama because he is taxing all those poor white folk into the poor house

really tho grats. i wish i could come up with some bs to get free money but about all i might be able to manage is sleep apnea or some crap due to sub service

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTz7npIYUk

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ded posted:

never ever turn down free money from obama because he is taxing all those poor white folk into the poor house

really tho grats. i wish i could come up with some bs to get free money but about all i might be able to manage is sleep apnea or some crap due to sub service

free money is nice and all but the daily pain isn't so you win some you lose some :shrug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54PyNN1EdU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlpse-VfQyc

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I don't pay taxes because I don't believe that I am subject to the tax code!

- Clearance is denied.

I'm tellin

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're going to be first up against the wall

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

This is so Australia.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

what the gently caress man what the gently caress

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Just gonna leave this here.

peep the name

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ever fill out a SF86?

Start closely monitoring your poo poo.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/06/the-hacking-of-federal-data-is-much-worse-than-first-thought/395807/

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Terrible Robot posted:

Just gonna leave this here.

peep the name

Hendrix was quite clearly a genius.

Jerked off AND got out of the 101st. Perfect.

Then goes off to make music, a ton of money, gently caress everything with a heartbeat and hit LSD like it owed him money.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Who all is affected by that poo poo anyways?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
lmao at the internship thing

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

gently caress me, this is too many words. What's the best choice for a gloss paint for my bathroom? I am 100% for real considering repainting my bathroom this weekend. Or is gloss paint old hat now? Is there anything new out in that field?

Semigloss latex, gloss on the ceiling if you're feeling frisky.

Source: I've been repainting for family the past few weekends. The mid-level latex paint at Lowes is working well with a roller and brush.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Who all is affected by that poo poo anyways?

Everyone that filed out an SF86. Probably everyone that has ever gotten a paycheck from the government. I might post a thread about this colossal gently caress up by DOI later...but as a govt employee I abhor :effort:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah the latest word is that it's probably literally every current and recent federal employee including DOD.

elite_garbage_man posted:

I haven't cut my hair in over a year

not even a side burn trim

life is grand

I made it about six months and couldn't take it anymore. The beard lives on though. The command chief (USAF E-9) thought it was awesome at this morning's IRR muster.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
At least with it being allegedly the Chinese the chances are higher that they're just going to use it for targeted espionage efforts as opposed to someone like the Russians where that poo poo would already be all over the place for ID theft/scammers/etc.

Godholio posted:

I made it about six months and couldn't take it anymore. The beard lives on though. The command chief (USAF E-9) thought it was awesome at this morning's IRR muster.

Reserve Wing, right?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Of course.

Edit: The dude flies in from two states away for drill :lol:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Shitkittens. I hope whatever OPM flunky caused this gets hit by a bus.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

Shitkittens. I hope whatever OPM flunky caused this gets hit by a bus.

It was DOI

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Reign Of Pain posted:

Everyone that filed out an SF86. Probably everyone that has ever gotten a paycheck from the government. I might post a thread about this colossal gently caress up by DOI later...but as a govt employee I abhor :effort:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. DOI has outdated IT protocols? :vince:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Apparently OPM didn't even have an IT department until 2013. They were just kind of "winging it", which is readily apparent to anyone who has ever had to deal with them for anything.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So I go to school in Texas and now I can bring a gun to school. I have a concealed carry. What gun(s) should I carry on campus and who should I keep my eye on?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
LMAO @ It all.

Start The loving SIOP Already.

STFSA

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

blue squares posted:

So I go to school in Texas and now I can bring a gun to school. I have a concealed carry. What gun(s) should I carry on campus and who should I keep my eye on?

Open carry a Saiga-12 with a drum mag with a sling on your back.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blue squares posted:

pretty sure any gun is capable of firing only one round

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
How did something DOI (Interior?) did involve a massive gently caress-up on the scale of breaching everyone's SF-86s at OPM?

Like I know I'm not going to be surprised by whatever it is, since as everyone has established IT at federal departments is laughably terrible, I'm just struggling to connect the dots on how a gently caress-up by Interior would lead to everyone's SF-86s being stolen. Why would Interior even have that kind of access to everyone's (including DoD, DoS, DoJ, etc) SF-86s?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

blue squares posted:

Yup, trolling.

Real answer, get something direct gas impingement with a rotating bolt in fifty caliber range.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

blue squares posted:

Whichever one most easily fits under your chin.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

iyaayas01 posted:

How did something DOI (Interior?) did involve a massive gently caress-up on the scale of breaching everyone's SF-86s at OPM?

Like I know I'm not going to be surprised by whatever it is, since as everyone has established IT at federal departments is laughably terrible, I'm just struggling to connect the dots on how a gently caress-up by Interior would lead to everyone's SF-86s being stolen. Why would Interior even have that kind of access to everyone's (including DoD, DoS, DoJ, etc) SF-86s?

To sort of answer my own question, apparently OPM was utilizing a DOI data-center for storage which is where the breach occurred.

So like I said, not even surprised at the stupidity.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The funny thing is I'm still not getting much in the way of updates beyond what's being released in public. The only thing they've told us is to watch our credit and don't open fraudulent emails. :laffo:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The funny thing is I'm still not getting much in the way of updates beyond what's being released in public. The only thing they've told us is to watch our credit and don't open fraudulent emails. :laffo:

Same.

And I'm with the former intel official who basically said the #1 objective of this for the Chinese is that they're going to be able to launch the mother of all spear-phishing attacks with this data. #2 would be poring over the "foreign contacts" section on all the SF-86s to ID any Chinese citizens who need some "re-education."

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Everyone is going to be offered a free credit monitoring service. :toot:

IRS employees already have

e: it'll get hacked....as a matter of fact it's already been hacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Delizin posted:

Apparently OPM didn't even have an IT department until 2013.

Source? I desperately want this to be true.

blue squares posted:

poo poo, I can carry in elementary schools here.

• Locked thread