Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24279881&postcount=263

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Jon makes everything about himself; this is no real surprise. I know all about his mixed-race marriage, his autistic son, his own high-functioning autism, his time in the military, his lovely childhood. He is incapable of not inserting his own personal issues into whatever argument is going on.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Jon makes everything about himself; this is no real surprise. I know all about his mixed-race marriage, his autistic son, his own high-functioning autism, his time in the military, his lovely childhood. He is incapable of not inserting his own personal issues into whatever argument is going on.

I've noticed this with people who have severe autism and post mainly on the internet. The moment you show interest or a conflict of interest, they feel the need to insert themselves. It is a call for support, someone to feel bad for them. People like him are generally a menace to society based on their selfishness.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:ughh:

Yeah they really are just doing T6 versions of every loving ship. They could maybe, maybe have gotten away with releasing new ships for $30 instead of $25, though raising the price there was enough to drive a lot of people off. But literally selling you the same thing again with marginal improvements at a higher price? Fleet modules or upgrade tokens were kind of alright, still a money grab but at least a low-cost one. This though...

At least I'm well prepared for that other thing pending.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You missed his latest:

And of course ashkrik can't resist the lure of a dental whine thread.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I still love that there's all this existential angst about people dancing and using disco balls. In a video game. These folks have issues.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So is anyone in NoP still playing?

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Even on usenet in 1998, people hated Xean:

quote:

You don't get it, do you? Have you read all the sarcastic remarks that we
have posted in response to your original message?

quote:

Time for a vote:
1. This is a blatant troll
2. This guy is an imbecile
3. He also smokes crack

In response to a request for a crack to Kali. Of course it might not actually be the Xean we know and love, but considering he generates the same types of responses today, I'm sold.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah I'm still here.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

I still love that there's all this existential angst about people dancing and using disco balls. In a video game. These folks have issues.

For years now, yeah.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Can I get an invite to channel?

Vyne@capetorialforum

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Anita Dickinme posted:

I still log in every now and then, busy with dinos though.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

It took almost a year for someone to get angry about the SFD logo I made, but it was worth the wait.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I just came here to post that, and jesus christ what a loving nutjob post.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Da Mott Man posted:

It took almost a year for someone to get angry about the SFD logo I made, but it was worth the wait.

Well that escalated quickly. What a lunatic. The populace of this game just seems to get crazier with each passing year.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Also, we mentioned Cassandra Saturn a page or two ago, this popped up in Risa zone chat last night:

quote:

[Zone #7] Korra@rcassandrasaturn: doc found out i mastubrate so he told me to not masturbate until my thigh heals or i'll get lightheaded and pass out so i'm like, yes sir >.>

followed by:

quote:

[Zone #7] Korra@rcassandrasaturn: wrong channel

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Welcome pubbies. Come for the chat, stay for the goatse.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Seriously, we're glad you're here. You might actually learn how to play the game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Reading these forums at work may result in termination of your employment for associating with Dental.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Someone warn Bluegeek that he may have to preview this site before allowing his children to read it.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
Welcome dearest publicans!

As one of the hosts of the large joint giveaway in progress on Risa, I invite you to come by and receive your free holo-emitters as well as many other fun toys!

Here at Dental, we love you all equally, and wish you all a most pleasant summer!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

IPCRESS posted:

Yeah, but retiring the constitution is a big surprise - I wonder if they'll give me any zen credit for my TOS version?

Ya I can't believe they're just removing the constitution class from the game. How could they lose the license to TOS stuff? Its unbelievable.

They'd better do zen refunds.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

Ya I can't believe they're just removing the constitution class from the game. How could they lose the license to TOS stuff? Its unbelievable.

They'd better do zen refunds.

I heard we will get to keep it if we already have it, but that if it's dismissed we don't get it back.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
You guys make it sound like you haven't gotten your T6 Constitution in the mail yet. Really digging the screen-accurate TWoK model including the phasers.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

FrostyJones posted:

You guys make it sound like you haven't gotten your T6 Constitution in the mail yet. Really digging the screen-accurate TWoK model including the phasers.

Those were legit the best part for me. I wasn't expecting them to have the same pulsing animation that they had in the movies, so I was amazed the first time I fired them.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I'm just impressed that they actually gave us the bridge from the movie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Preechr posted:

I'm just impressed that they actually gave us the bridge from the movie.

It's actually the TMP bridge despite the new model having the TWoK modifications, it's pissing me off.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Try not to notice that your crew is wearing The Final Frontier versions of the uniform.

Though the Captain's Quarters being The Final Frontier version is a fair compromise.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

This dancing post has gone on for way too long. I think Trendy has lost her poo poo and is waiting to ban everyone :tinfoil:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

This dancing post has gone on for way too long. I think Trendy has lost her poo poo and is waiting to ban everyone :tinfoil:

I'm guessing the same, but there will be at least a few pubbies going down with the ship.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hi pubbies, have you stopped literally shaking over a toon dancing in a game yet

Also if you want to trigger virusdancer just link this, it's the Jesus image that pubbies got incredibly mad at Trendy over last month.

Also also, feel free to incorporate this official Starfleet Dental logo into your avatar or signature. Designed by Da Mott Man.

Also also also, as I'm probably gonna cop a ban for my informative posting over there, here is my Bij Original sig

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Verge posted:

Can I get an invite to channel?

Vyne@capetorialforum

You're in.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Dear pubbies,

Please stop being such creepy wierdos. Just stop.

e:

some pubbie posted:

Don't know what all the fuss is about... are u kidding.. ... Same typical tactic .. Terrorize someone on game.. get minions to deny deny deny... bribe masses.. claim do be doing something else.. blame others .. Do it again... seen this over and over and over.. 2 or 3 years worth.. why the thread is soooo long... maybe because all these people are TIRED of it.... think it through.. it will click in a min.. will it matter.. soo get your blind minions to keep burying thread.. anything to protect the "Great leader" ... give away stuff .. ( kind of like giving a lollypop to your assault victim ) and do it again.. when groups do this .. in mass ... it is wrong... want proof.. look at the thread.. pics are there, the volume of the group disclaiming is damming enough... really .... I don't know what the fuss is about... that actually crossed your mind... wow.

Somebody typed this up, thought "Yup, this clearly expresses what I'm trying to convey" and then posted it. That is a thing that happened.

Soviet Commubot fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 14, 2015

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I reloaded this game up while I wait for World of Warships to go to open beta and gently caress me, I forgot just how convoluted this game is. I think the only way I will remember how to play again is start from scratch :(

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
That is a glorious sig image that Bij made. I'm pretty sure that Gay Jesus would want Ashkirk to yiff in hell.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Burt posted:

I reloaded this game up while I wait for World of Warships to go to open beta and gently caress me, I forgot just how convoluted this game is. I think the only way I will remember how to play again is start from scratch :(
It's- ... okay yeah it's pretty convoluted. But depending on when you played last it's not too bad. If you did a good skill build a year or two ago it's not like anything's changed that would require you to redo that, and if you had MkXII purple gear it's plenty good enough until you get your bearings. If you didn't play since before the expansion you can just follow the story missions in order and level fine that way. It's easy enough to ask for help here or in the channel too if you need help or advice.

Of course the game is still bad so you're wasting effort either way, so hey. :effort:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Concerned posting and a callout to trendy may try to get the thread closed.

Edit: poor kid just outed the OP for making a troll thread. GOOD WORK!

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 14, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Goons are literally space cancer.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Wait, what's going on with the Constitution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Trebuchet King posted:

Wait, what's going on with the Constitution?

Thanks Obama Geko....

• Locked thread