Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zaa Boogie posted:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...be552cf8adden02

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What do I need to do for a PC release?

I mean Platinum has been good with PC releases lately (Revengeance, Legend of Korra), but it's not 100% sure yet and I WANT IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Platinum should make the Equestria Girls game. :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
PLATINUM YES

now make a PC port

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A cel-shaded G1 game by Platinum.

There's gotta be a catch, that has to be some kind of Monkey's Paw level 'too good to be true' poo poo right there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
More info. It'll be nice to have the OG "Bubblebee" voice back.

- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sentinel Red posted:

There's gotta be a catch, that has to be some kind of Monkey's Paw level 'too good to be true' poo poo right there.

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj6zhYSDeF8

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Probably the part where High Moon Studios was sacrificed on a bloody altar of Activision?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Zaa Boogie posted:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...be552cf8adden02

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Way to misspell the game's name, Best Buy dudes.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Maybe that's just how they spell it in Canada! v:v:v

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KO Heavy Noise. These are really happening.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Probably the part where High Moon Studios was sacrificed on a bloody altar of Activision?

I really, really liked the High Moon games.

I sure hope you guys are all going to get this game for God's Own System the Xbox One (The Third Xbox) like He intended. Now, it's okay to joke around about getting it on other systems so the other youths think you're hep with the jive, just so long as you do the right thing when the time comes.

TheDK posted:

These are cool:

Yes, they are!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Rhyno posted:

KO Heavy Noise. These are really happening.

That's pretty good looking, actually.

What's the catch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

That's pretty good looking, actually.

What's the catch.

It gives you AIDS.

Prices are being projected at about half the original at this point.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Prices are being projected at about half the original at this point.
We'll expect a full report on these KO "masterpiece" combaticons when the time comes

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

We'll expect a full report on these KO "masterpiece" combaticons when the time comes

3rd party masterpiece class knock offs, we live in such interesting times

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Instead of Blast Off it should have a combaticon-colored Aerialbot.

...which would oddly make more sense than Blast Off ever did.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Platinum... doing a G1 game?!

NO loving WAY. HOLY gently caress YES

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I dug up a bunch of classic G1 Choose your own Adventures, Magazines, Storybooks, and other assorted TF stuff while at my parents a while back; some of the art was pretty darn memorable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

GrimGypsy posted:

I dug up a bunch of classic G1 Choose your own Adventures, Magazines, Storybooks, and other assorted TF stuff while at my parents a while back; some of the art was pretty darn memorable.

Yeah Earl Norem was fantastic.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I had those storybooks as a kid, and I used to think Optimus had a mouth like that under his "mask."

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Knormal posted:

Speaking of third-party add-ons, it begins:

I'm witness to an actual honest to god miracle it seems, since so many people on purple-hued boards kept belaboring on and on as to how this sort of thing would be "structurally impossible"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the Platinum game is not the budget title but a full fledged game like FoC.

Transformers G1 is no longer the longest running animated cartoon in Hasbro's history

Dr.Who is now canonically part of the hasbroverse.

Michael Bay is apparently back to Directing Transformers 5:The Quest for More Money.

What interesting times we live in.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Those old storybooks and coloring books are all online, by the way: http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/

The Goon posted:

I'm witness to an actual honest to god miracle it seems, since so many people on purple-hued boards kept belaboring on and on as to how this sort of thing would be "structurally impossible"
Well to be fair we have no idea how it'll affect the balance/posability of Devastator, it might be that they do collapse in on themselves if you make Devastator lean back too far or something.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dr.Who is now canonically part of the hasbroverse.

Wait what?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Wait what?

There was a voiced reference character and in the credits he was referred to as the Doctor

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 14, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

There was a voiced reference character and in the credits he was referred to as the Doctor

Is this in RiD? I haven't been watching.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I sure hope you guys are all going to get this game for God's Own System the Xbox One (The Third Xbox) like He intended.

Well, it comes out 5 days after my birthday, and I've been seeing more and more games to make me finally go next gen (FO4, the next Mass Effect, Lego Dimensions..). Are Platinum Games good then?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Dr Who already was connected to TFs. I'm sure you all remember when Deaths Head had a run in with the Doctor, who shrank DH down to better deal with him and the cross over ended with Death's Head moving on to regular rear end Marvel Comics

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There was also Octus who had a Dalek for his alt mode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Other posted:

Dr Who already was connected to TFs. I'm sure you all remember when Deaths Head had a run in with the Doctor, who shrank DH down to better deal with him and the cross over ended with Death's Head moving on to regular rear end Marvel Comics

It's the connection that means Pat Butcher lives in the same universe as Megatron. :allears:

MaddT_Bagger
Dec 7, 2003
Hey, what's that on your face?

The_Doctor posted:

Well, it comes out 5 days after my birthday, and I've been seeing more and more games to make me finally go next gen (FO4, the next Mass Effect, Lego Dimensions..). Are Platinum Games good then?

Platinum constist of old Capcom developers that created Resident Evil and Devil May Cry and are behind Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Mad World.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

Taint Reaped again.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The MSJ posted:

There was also Octus who had a Dalek for his alt mode.

I really want a third-party Dalekcepticon now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Knormal posted:

Those old storybooks and coloring books are all online, by the way: http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/

I need one of these but with a page that has rumble and frenzy and says something to the effect of: Rumble and Frenzy like to break things. Rumble is blue and Frenzy is red, or are they? You decide!

Then I would color one of them yellow and the other one green.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Taint Reaped again.

The Games forum has the right idea.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

I need one of these but with a page that has rumble and frenzy and says something to the effect of: Rumble and Frenzy like to break things. Rumble is blue and Frenzy is red, or are they? You decide!

Then I would color one of them yellow and the other one green.

That's one way to do it!

The_Doctor posted:

Since Capcom isn't really putting itself out to make new games anymore (HD remasters don't count) a group of ex-Capcom devs is a real gem.

Konami only makes video gambling machines now, aside from mobile and Metal Gear.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 14, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey Rhyno, did you get my PM ever?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Hey Rhyno, did you get my PM ever?

I did, just had a busy week. I'll run to the PO tomorrow though!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

I said hasbroverse, which is not specifically transformers. :colbert:

https://youtu.be/IOSfH-yVKSE?t=30s

he even says allonsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With the re-release I decided it was time to open my MP-10. What a great toy! Maybe I'll open some other rare MPs today!