Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeez
May 28, 2012

Sighence posted:

So did you like Scrubs or not, then?

Hahaha I honestly don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

kayakyakr posted:

That is... wow, that is terrible. So I guess I can say that I learned today that there is a market for composers who can translate an iconic theme song into something that's just different enough that it doesn't break copyright.

Also, this is still the only theme song Married with Children needs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2wEMeKJ7g

This may be the case. I coulda sworn it was Chalke, but it could have been her too. It was one of the women on the show for sure who contributed around 80% of it.

Nah, it was Miller. She used to be a DJ and Lawrence has said she chose a lot of the music.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Community Season 6: Scrubs Sucked

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Community Season 6: gently caress SCRUBS

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Now I'm up to s2e05: Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples. Ugh, what's a season 4 episode doing in my season 2? :\

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Agreed I always skip that one in rewatches

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Only good part of it is "you humble me" I think

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Shirley's rapping Jesus video was pretty funny.

"Check out these....... beat-itudes."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I met some folks recently who were trying to sell me on Harmontown. Is there a good place to start on it or anything? Am I supposed to go all the way back to the beginning?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Start from the beginning. It's consistently funny except for a very few episodes, and even then it's still not awful (Morality notwithstanding).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

I met some folks recently who were trying to sell me on Harmontown. Is there a good place to start on it or anything? Am I supposed to go all the way back to the beginning?

Episode 74: Morality is widely considered by fans to be the best episode of Harmontown. Start there and, if you like what you hear, go back to the beginning.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Definitely start from the very beginning. The first 20 episodes or so have a feel to them that doesn't really come back, and there's so many gems there ("their eyes are sharper than their teeth," the beginning of D&D, the entirety of the journal episode)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"Why would you name your daughter Megan? Are you stocking up for a bitch shortage?"

Edit: Holy poo poo Mike McClintock is in this episode!!

Edit 2:

CURRENT SYNOPSIS:
Britta, Shirley and Annie make Abed into one of the girls, with zero repercussions. Jeff, Pierce and Troy learn a lesson about either basketball or remote toys.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jun 14, 2015

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Hedrigall posted:

"Why would you name your daughter Megan? Are you stocking up for a bitch shortage?"

Edit: Holy poo poo Mike McClintock is in this episode!!

Edit 2:

CURRENT SYNOPSIS:
Britta, Shirley and Annie make Abed into one of the girls, with zero repercussions. Jeff, Pierce and Troy learn a lesson about either basketball or remote toys.

That maze tattoo will look ace when finished

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Aand just finished the pen episode again. Goddamn I forgot how amazing that was.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
fwiw I don't hate musicals, just the Scrubs musical episode because it's unfunny dogshit. There's a song about "poo lol!", a song about "we bloody love each other but no homo mate!", and a song about "remember that occasional running joke about a guy forgetting his wife's ethnicity well here's an entire three-minute song about it just in case you all wanted that ran into the ground, we weren't sure"

I mean musically it's perfectly good, but the humour is indefensible.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I like the Dominican tango.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Bown posted:

fwiw I don't hate musicals, just the Scrubs musical episode because it's unfunny dogshit. There's a song about "poo lol!", a song about "we bloody love each other but no homo mate!", and a song about "remember that occasional running joke about a guy forgetting his wife's ethnicity well here's an entire three-minute song about it just in case you all wanted that ran into the ground, we weren't sure"

I mean musically it's perfectly good, but the humour is indefensible.

Those are definitely some opinions.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I like scrubs, personally.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

El Tortuga posted:

Those are definitely some opinions.

Yeah man, poo poo is hilarious! Hahahahaha we're all in 4th grade here!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Just saw the first five minutes of Get Hard. Holy poo poo, Alison Brie! :stare: :gizz: Then I turned off.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

midnightclimax posted:

Just saw the first five minutes of Get Hard. Holy poo poo, Alison Brie! :stare: :gizz: Then I turned off.

So, I guess for you, the movie's title was accurate.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

And those are some other opinions too, it seems. Hmm.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

midnightclimax posted:

You've sold Get Hard to me.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't think anything like that combination of gifs happens in the movie.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

midnightclimax posted:

Hey dumbass! Why don't you go get a girlfriend.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Austrian mook posted:

Hey dumbass! Why don't you go get a girlfriend.

Oh, I get it now, you're a poor-quality troll.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

El Tortuga posted:

No, Im just tired of weird people sitting up this thread by talking about what parts of this comedy show gets them horny.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

No, Im just tired of weird people sitting up this thread by talking about what parts of this comedy show gets them horny.

El Tortuga posted:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Welcome to the internet? :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching season 6. It's better upon rewatch (although I can say the same for every season, hell even while 2 was airing I thought they were ruining themselves with gimmick episodes and now I think it's a masterpiece) but still probably my least favourite Harmon season. I probably wouldn't put the worst episodes below my favourite season 4 episodes anymore though. And Frankie is seriously one of my favourite late additions to a sitcom ever.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Episode 74: Morality is widely considered by fans to be the best episode of Harmontown. Start there and, if you like what you hear, go back to the beginning.

I disagree; episode 87 ("Kiss doesn't get the joke") made me laugh more, and episode 97 ("Long brown blood", my first episode) is also super-good.

edit: Holy poo poo, I just looked up "Morality", and shame on you Irish Joe for trying to gently caress with people. :colbert: (It's an amazing episode, but it's not for first-timers.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 15, 2015

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Last Chance posted:

They've also removed some music from Community in the home releases and probably digital releases too. They played a Surfer Blood song in the season one finale at the prom that isn't in the DVD release.

Trust me, my DVR goes back a loong way ;)

Seriously, with garbage like this, no wonder people pirate so much. I purchased the first two seasons of The Tick cartoon, and there's an episode from each season that is just not included. No given reasons, and you don't know until you actually watch the DVDs. It's insane.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna wear your little brother's skin like PYJAMAS!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thoughts after rewatching the Honda episode:

1) the Honda episode is Very Good
2) the scene where Britta upsells Billy Zane scotch is like the most out-of-character scene for any character in any Harmon season and it's incredibly weird to watch.

Next up is Recycled Cinema. If my overall increased positivity about this season falters anywhere, it'll be here. Fingers crossed.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I thought they were implying recently that Britta is pretty good (read: not the worst) at bartending. There are a few scenes where someone asks her for a drink and they seem to make a point of showing her quickly plunking down a well crafted drink.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

superjew posted:

I thought they were implying recently that Britta is pretty good (read: not the worst) at bartending. There are a few scenes where someone asks her for a drink and they seem to make a point of showing her quickly plunking down a well crafted drink.

One of the themes of the season. Britta was made to be a wife, and it also shows in her ability to mix drinks. That one dates back to season 3.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

superjew posted:

And when she opened her own secret bootleg bar her talents for decorating and bartending mixed together.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alison Brie is going to star in and executive produce a show on TV Land about elementary school teachers. It features Key & Peele showrunners and a Chicago improv group called The Katydids because everybody in the group is named some form of Kate.

TV Land. That's not the best sign.

But they will plug this at Comic-Con. It is called Teachers.

“Teachers” revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America’s youth, even though they don’t really seem to have their own lives together at all. From refusing to read fairytales because “sometimes Prince Charming wants to date other people” to hitting on the resident “hot dad,” these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. The series stars improv group The Katydids - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O’Brien and Katie Thomas – who also wrote and starred in the web hit that the TV series is based on. In addition to writing for and starring in “Teachers,” they will also serve as executive producers alongside Alison Brie (“Community”) and showrunners Ian Roberts and Jay Martel (“Key and Peele”).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Steve Vader posted:

Alison Brie is going to star in and executive produce a show on TV Land about elementary school teachers. It features Key & Peele showrunners and a Chicago improv group called The Katydids because everybody in the group is named some form of Kate.

TV Land. That's not the best sign.

I thought TV Land was all about reruns? :confused:

• Locked thread