Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

lovestick posted:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: Schmetterling!
http://orokos.com/roll/300575

Yay! My first brush prize in three years of Oath Threads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll post a picture later of the monthly brush pack - it should set you up for YEARS of painting :)

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, first time long time, hereby oath to paint up this special boy real pretty before the end of June!

Ruin, by Privateer Press. 50mm. Raaar!

Edit: sorry about that. VVVV

head58 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 14, 2015

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

head58 change your [/img]s to [/timg]s so you don't break the tables.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being made somewhat overconfident by a week of playing with magnets and superglue, oath for the month of June nine Scourge vehicles from Dropzone Commander; 3 Invader APCs, 3 Reaper grav-tanks and 3 Hunter grav-tanks.

(turrets currently removed for painting)

In addition, I'd like to oath six infantry bases (still Dropzone Commander);

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Addition
One Troll Impaler, Privateer Press

Finished up my previous stuff so decided to squeeze in one more fig this month before everything gets packed away :)

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Oath Complete!

Five Tactical Legionnaires:

Five Veteran Legionnaires:

Holding the boltguns I Oathed.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Chaplain for the month of June

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Missed a few months, but its a good time to get back into things.

I, Dagon, oath this bones dragon for June

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
I, Seamoose, oath that I will paint this Warpwolf Stalker for the month of June

He is from the privateer press line for Circle Of Orboros.

Seamoose fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 16, 2015

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oath Complete!

Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios

Gorman, The Rogue Alchemist

Models by Privateer, bad lighting by the pale scottish sun, bad painting by me.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
I, Lord Thrust, Oath for June 2015 this custom objective marker made with Games Workshop bits from the 28mm Chaos Space Marine Possessed, and Chaos Space Marine Terminator Lord kits.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:pusheen: May Judgment! :pusheen:

Third Place, 1 Point: LazyAngel

Good shading on the furs, especially the goat. The blend from green to yellow on the huntress' hair is also solid.

Second Place, 2 Points: Dr. Gargunza

Excellent color choices for shading the yellow armor. The combination of yellow and black makes for a great overall presentation. The brass tone on the Tau symbol also works well with the model's scheme.

First Place, 3 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque

Great work on the dress, especially the attention to shading beneath overhanging areas. Good highlighting on the skin too.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

As mentioned above, you nailed the yellow armor.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I, PyroDwarf, Oath this Games Workshop Thunderwolf Calvary for the month of June.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

head58 posted:

I, head58, first time long time, hereby oath to paint up this special boy real pretty before the end of June!

Ruin, by Privateer Press. 50mm. Raaar!

LazyAngel posted:

Zark the Damned posted:

Oath Addition
One Troll Impaler, Privateer Press

Finished up my previous stuff so decided to squeeze in one more fig this month before everything gets packed away :)

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Chaplain for the month of June

Dagon posted:

Missed a few months, but its a good time to get back into things.
I, Dagon, oath this bones dragon for June

Seamoose posted:

Lord Thrust posted:

I, Lord Thrust, Oath for June 2015 this custom objective marker made with Games Workshop bits from the 28mm Chaos Space Marine Possessed, and Chaos Space Marine Terminator Lord kits.

PyroDwarf posted:

I, PyroDwarf, Oath this Games Workshop Thunderwolf Calvary for the month of June.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

:pusheen: May Judgment! :pusheen:

Woo-HOO!! And we're off! (again!)

And yes! I should have introduced the judges for this season's Oath Thread!

All of the Judges are accomplished painters in their own right, and 2 of them (that I know of) are professional model painters - so they know what they're talking about! These guys know what it takes to accomplish the various Challenges that will be coming up each month, so they'll be able to spot what you've done and give you the proper credit.

So, without further ado, your judges for the Oath Thread, season 6, are...

Composition: Judge Red Shoe
Creativity: Judge Slimnoid
Artistry: Judge Monoliths

I trust that those of you that are regulars will remember that Red Shoe and Slimnoid just took 3rd and 1st place honors, respectively, in the overall standings from Season 5 - like I said, these folks know their business!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
And just to wrap up the housekeeping, I'm waiting to confirm the actual prizes from Vallejo paints and Wargames Tournaments - in the meantime I'm nearly ready to announce another awesome Grand Prize sponsor, someone that all of us will have heard of! So keep your ears peeled...errr eyes listening...something like that!

I'd like to also give a big thanks to Zark The Damned for donating some cold hard cash to help pay for postage! It'll help me get all this stuff sent out around the world. If you'd like to help out or are wondering what this is all about, please see the bottom of the very first post of this thread. moths and jodai have also been generous with their donations as well!

And...I think that's it!

OH! If you have anything you want to donate to the Grab Bag, let me know and I'll be in touch to coordinate things. I had a massive purchase of bitz a couple of months ago so the UK/EU grab bag is now healthy again, plus a generous donation from goon Renfield (who doesn't participate in the Oath Thread but wanted to send stuff anyway) will be added real soon.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Addition! :siren:

Adding (cobbled-together pieces of) these 2 Gretchin and 1 Gretchin Head to my oath, and about to paste this into my main oath pic. I'll also add them to the post-conversion pic I promised earlier, once the conversion is complete.

...Also: Thanks for the points, Red Shoe! Coming from one of our most talented (and prolific, holy poo poo) painters, being ranked means a lot!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Hey krushgroove,
I just checked out the points spreadsheet and it shows I have no points! Maybe I got confused with one of the many other Lords on here because I completed my oath, included my name in the picture and painted it yellow. Am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? Did I not submit correctly? If I did something wrong, let me know so I don't do it this month as well. I have obsessively read the rules a million times, but it's my first year so I'm bound to mess it up at some point.

Thank you!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I guess I should contact Iris of Ether instead of krushgroove? Am I allowed to pick the Exaulted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh? I see some wording of small and large size prizes.

The Grab Bag album has been updated now, and yes, unfortunately the Seeker Chariot was already taken. So let me know what else you want!

As for the large/small wording, that was a holdover from something I was doing in Season 5. Pick around the equivalent of 2-3 figs, one box set, or a handful of Bones.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Lord Thrust posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming 6-pack and May Challenge as the spawn is an octopussy yellow.
First Oath Ever!

Lord Thrust posted:

Hey krushgroove,
I just checked out the points spreadsheet and it shows I have no points! Maybe I got confused with one of the many other Lords on here because I completed my oath, included my name in the picture and painted it yellow. Am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? Did I not submit correctly? If I did something wrong, let me know so I don't do it this month as well. I have obsessively read the rules a million times, but it's my first year so I'm bound to mess it up at some point.

Thank you!

I thought it might be helpful to link the oath complete post from May.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Iris of Ether posted:

The Grab Bag album has been updated now, and yes, unfortunately the Seeker Chariot was already taken. So let me know what else you want!

As for the large/small wording, that was a holdover from something I was doing in Season 5. Pick around the equivalent of 2-3 figs, one box set, or a handful of Bones.

I will take the Slaan guy then. I will turn him into a Tzeentch herald or something. (Amphibians and manta-rays make sense, right? The old Tzeentch models had fish stuff too I think)

My email is username @ gmail.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Lord Thrust your points have been fixed. :toot:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

And furthermore (the infantry having gone past quicker than anticipated, 3 Scourge Marauder Dropships . Which will finish off the Scourge side of the starter set.

(Honourable mention here to Tescos bamboo skewers, which just happen to be exactly 3mm in diameter - the same size as the flight stand connector.)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Red Shoe posted:

Third Place, 1 Point: LazyAngel

Good shading on the furs, especially the goat. The blend from green to yellow on the huntress' hair is also solid.

First judges points ever! (In 3 years of oathing). Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
(non-Grand Prize) Season 5 Prize Announcement

As I previously announced, there are a few Season 5 prizes that remain unclaimed, awaiting for their winners to step forward to claim them. This includes Badger Minitaire Starter Sets, pigment powder packs and more. I previously said the cutoff time to claim these prizes was the end of May, but I'm happy for anyone to claim their prizes by the end of JUNE. We're lenient like that around here.

So if you have the slightest inkling you're owed a prize, please check the OP for the prize winner links each month. You can also check the Season 5 spreadsheet, just scroll to the left each month on the row for your username.

After June 30th, any remaining prizes that are unclaimed will go into the Grab Bag.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: Oath Addition! :siren:

Adding (cobbled-together pieces of) these 2 Gretchin and 1 Gretchin Head to my oath, and about to paste this into my main oath pic. I'll also add them to the post-conversion pic I promised earlier, once the conversion is complete.

LazyAngel posted:

And furthermore (the infantry having gone past quicker than anticipated, 3 Scourge Marauder Dropships . Which will finish off the Scourge side of the starter set.

(Honourable mention here to Tescos bamboo skewers, which just happen to be exactly 3mm in diameter - the same size as the flight stand connector.)
ha, good spot!

Oaths Accepted!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

(non-Grand Prize) Season 5 Prize Announcement

As I previously announced, there are a few Season 5 prizes that remain unclaimed, awaiting for their winners to step forward to claim them. This includes Badger Minitaire Starter Sets, pigment powder packs and more. I previously said the cutoff time to claim these prizes was the end of May, but I'm happy for anyone to claim their prizes by the end of JUNE. We're lenient like that around here.

So if you have the slightest inkling you're owed a prize, please check the OP for the prize winner links each month. You can also check the Season 5 spreadsheet, just scroll to the left each month on the row for your username.

After June 30th, any remaining prizes that are unclaimed will go into the Grab Bag.

Just move down the list and give them to those deserving souls.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

lovestick posted:

Lord Thrust your points have been fixed. :toot:

Thank you kindly.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I Harkano, oath 2 Privateer Press Storm Trolls

Let's hope this gets me back on schedule with painting!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Santa Frog from Dark Sword miniatures, Tar-Baphon, The Whispering Tyrant from Reaper Bones, and Colossus from TSR all 28mm for the month of June

OATH ADDITION - Mohsar the Desertwalker from PP

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Driving me crazy. I got my oath pained and trying to figure out how I can do the water effect. Snapjaw's feet overhang the base annoyingly so whatever I pour is going to be wider than the top and can not seem to find anything good I can use as a mold to keep the liquid in place until it cures.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

Exinos posted:

Driving me crazy. I got my oath pained and trying to figure out how I can do the water effect. Snapjaw's feet overhang the base annoyingly so whatever I pour is going to be wider than the top and can not seem to find anything good I can use as a mold to keep the liquid in place until it cures.

Could you do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjKx08dpkzo

Basically, drill out part of the base and attach plasticard to bottom with greenstuff.

Here is what I'm doing for mine:

I don't have a dremel, so I used the biggest bit in my pin vice and drilled a bunch of holes then filed the edges.

Seamoose
May 30, 2015

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, am oathing this little man, Dwarf Bombadier, from Rackham miniatures without his little friend as an addition to my June oath

This guy looks pretty cool! I am trying to get some general practice in before I start grinding away at my Circle of Orboros army.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I spring cleaned.

Before:

After:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath 2 Privateer Press Storm Trolls

Let's hope this gets me back on schedule with painting!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

OATH ADDITION - Mohsar the Desertwalker from PP

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, am oathing this little man, Dwarf Bombadier, from Rackham miniatures without his little friend as an addition to my June oath

This guy looks pretty cool! I am trying to get some general practice in before I start grinding away at my Circle of Orboros army.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

PyroDwarf posted:

I spring cleaned.

Before:

After:

This is perfect! I have literally used this as the example post for the Spring Cleaning Achievement (love the chair!) :) I'm...uh, hoping to do this Achievement myself at some point.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

This is perfect! I have literally used this as the example post for the Spring Cleaning Achievement (love the chair!) :) I'm...uh, hoping to do this Achievement myself at some point.

My painting setup is very much "everything shoved in a huge crate and hidden away when not in use" - presumably I can claim this achievement by finally sitting down and sorting said crate out so that it doesn't look like a bomb hit it? :)

Failing that, I'm going to have to go tidy up my shed, where said crate lives when it's not being dragged into the house for an evening of painting :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That reminds me, I totally forgot to post the 'before' pics for my terrible mess painting area:

(taken before my oath addition but I neglected to pull em off the camera until just now)

Includes sneaky previews of my Dreadfleet stuff.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
^^^ good one!

enri posted:

My painting setup is very much "everything shoved in a huge crate and hidden away when not in use" - presumably I can claim this achievement by finally sitting down and sorting said crate out so that it doesn't look like a bomb hit it? :)

Failing that, I'm going to have to go tidy up my shed, where said crate lives when it's not being dragged into the house for an evening of painting :)

Yeah of course not everyone has a 'painting area' for themselves, but call it your 'hobby storage/work area' and it's all good. Basically just clean up after yourselves like your mother always wanted you to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

krushgroove posted:

:3: Glad I could help!

• Locked thread