Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

khy posted:

EDIT : Just found the creator. http://nebezial.deviantart.com/

Didn't this guy land a DC gig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nah. Rat Queens.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's a pretty good fit.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It's too bad the original artist turned out to be a loving scumbag though because I preferred their art to the new stuff.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

When even Deadpool is going "Dude, what the gently caress", you know poo poo is messed up.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

khy posted:

EDIT : Just found the creator. http://nebezial.deviantart.com/

Is there some sort of program that does word balloons like that, because I could loving swear I've seen them before on a different artist's work.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't know for sure, but they'd be insanely easy to duplicate in Photoshop, being just an oval and a freehand line with outer stroke added.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Manga Studio / Clip Studio Paint.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't this guy land a DC gig?

Yes, he did a segment in the last Harley Quinn Annual.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

I don't know for sure, but they'd be insanely easy to duplicate in Photoshop, being just an oval and a freehand line with outer stroke added.

Yeah this is the answer. You just draw an oval, set the layer to have a stroke/drop shadow and just draw freehand. The lack of any variation in thickness on the balloon tails gives it away.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I had zero interest in Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde, but dammit this preview image of it is making me reconsider.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dacap posted:

It's too bad the original artist turned out to be a loving scumbag though because I preferred their art to the new stuff.

What happened with them?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

What happened with them?

Arrested last winter for allegedly hitting his wife.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Selachian posted:

Arrested last winter for allegedly hitting his wife.

Be fair, allegedly beating the hell out of his wife.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

She-Hulk #10

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

:iceburn:

Stone cold, Rogers

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

How many times have Daredevil and She-Hulk been against each other in the courtroom? It must happen to them every other week.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Maduo posted:

How many times have Daredevil and She-Hulk been against each other in the courtroom? It must happen to them every other week.

I dunno, usually when she is a lawyer (and not a bounty hunter or unemployed), She-Hulk tends to work in superhero/villain related law, while Matt just works in regular people law.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Maduo posted:

Soule was talking about how hr couldnt believe other writers hadn't done it before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

I dunno, usually when she is a lawyer (and not a bounty hunter or unemployed), She-Hulk tends to work in superhero/villain related law, while Matt just works in regular people law.

Well, even disregarding that, the most lawyer-y run before Soule was Slott, and yes, that was superhuman stuff, but it was also all civil suits. Murdock & Nelson are normally very explicitly criminal defence attorneys.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The other thing that makes that panel so great is that the "Deal With It" shades covers up the :downs: eyes the artist seemed to decide she needed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

What makes that panel for me is Jen's smug "GODDAMN RIGHT" smile

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

So I ended up looking into Fables: The Wolf Among Us, which largely seems to be an adaptation of the game. But there's some gems.

Fables: The Wolf Among Us #10

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What makes that panel for me is Jen's smug "GODDAMN RIGHT" smile

What's with the awful art, though?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

That's Javier Pulido. He's got a weird style. I get the feeling he's going for a kind of quirky, eccentric Daniel Clowes/MAD Magazine kind of look. I'm not particularly fond of it, really.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Phylodox posted:

That's Javier Pulido. He's got a weird style. I get the feeling he's going for a kind of quirky, eccentric Daniel Clowes/MAD Magazine kind of look. I'm not particularly fond of it, really.

He's the guy you get when you can't afford Marcos Martin or Mike Allred.

Also the guy that reminds you that if you can't afford Marcos Martin or Mike Allred then you should not try to get someone to ape their styles.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Or he's the guy you get if you're philosophically opposed to both of a person's eyeballs pointing in the same direction.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Honestly I loved the art in She-Hulk, had a Frida Kahlo/Diego Rivera vibe. I understand not liking it, and the eyes could be weird, but I thought it was expressive and communicated what was happening well in a stylized manner

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It works in some contexts. The whole "DO NOT WRECK THIS GIGANTIC DOOM" exchange definitely benefited from a more surreal, streamlined look. I can't imagine it being as funny drawn by someone like, say, Stuart Immonen.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Ultimate Enemy #2

Edit:

She-Hulk #4

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 14, 2015

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If it wasn't the wrong continuity this could actually be part of a sensible strategy against Egg-Fu.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Phanatic posted:

You and me, we're fighting.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, see, that works much better.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
From Avengers VS #2

I'll never get tired of Thor being a dick to Tony.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So how does Tony even go the the Bathroom in that suit?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

He just holds it in! That's why he's a such a jerk all the time.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

David D. Davidson posted:

So how does Tony even go the the Bathroom in that suit?

Ever read Dune?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Auto-catheterisation.