Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there some sort of weird lockout with searching for/finding people? I couldn't find my friend in Davon's Watch, even though we were both on PS4 in the NA server. Also, he didn't even show up in my social -> Friends tab, even as offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, with mounts, I pay for training and I get 1 slot? And I have to train to get another slot? That's a lootttttttt of training ours.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I'm thinking of picking this up on console. Can the nightblade have a permanent invisibility like rogues on WoW? If not I'm leaning towards a sorcerer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mithross posted:

Any class can do that, but Templar would be the most fun. Pick up a few heals, and the stamina morphs, then smash poo poo with a 2h sword

yeah i'm going to remake a character tomorrow. a fatass nord templar.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
How is the pvp holding up on console? Laggy?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Big Centipede posted:

I'm thinking of picking this up on console. Can the nightblade have a permanent invisibility like rogues on WoW? If not I'm leaning towards a sorcerer

Everyone has the ability to stealth outside of combat, only nightblades get true invisibility, but it's temporary.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Mithross posted:

Everyone has the ability to stealth outside of combat, only nightblades get true invisibility, but it's temporary.

Is it long enough to be useful in pvp? Or is it like the hunter in Destiny and pretty useless?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Big Centipede posted:

Is it long enough to be useful in pvp? Or is it like the hunter in Destiny and pretty useless?

it's a few seconds. Enough to pick up a stealth attack (I think), not enough to drastically change position. You can pick up passives to extend it, I'm not sure by how much.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Mithross posted:

it's a few seconds. Enough to pick up a stealth attack (I think), not enough to drastically change position. You can pick up passives to extend it, I'm not sure by how much.

drat. Maybe I'll choose a sorcerer instead

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It's short duration, but its better than it sounds. You can escape nearly any fight you don't want to be in.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Big Centipede posted:

It's like 3 seconds, which is a lot more than it sounds, and it can be spammed as long as you have the resources for it. Every class can stealth a la skyrim, but if you really want to play sneaky back stabber for (at least) pvp nightblade is the way to go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Big Centipede posted:

drat. Maybe I'll choose a sorcerer instead

Yes pick sorcerer :unsmigghh:

Sorcerers are rad fun, decent CC (second only to DKs), and a pretty well rounded class. They favor magic over physical damage, but said magic damage can get ridiculous if done right.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
What's the earliest I can feasibly respec? I put a couple points in bow skills because I found a decent bow but it's sort of a weird sorcerer build and I'd rather go more traditional.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

JesustheDarkLord posted:

What's the earliest I can feasibly respec? I put a couple points in bow skills because I found a decent bow but it's sort of a weird sorcerer build and I'd rather go more traditional.
As soon as you have some money and get to the capital city of your faction (Wayrest/Elden Root/Mournhold).
They are always in the second "main" zone you explore and can be easily reached if you dodge enemies that are higher level than you and any quest giver that tries to stop you.
For Wayrest and Mournhold you can just walk there by going in Stormhaven/Deshaan, while to get to Elden Root you need to take a boat from the docks in Skywatch: one of the NPCs there will offer to take you to Grahtwood.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah i'm going to remake a character tomorrow. a fatass nord templar.

If you really, really, really want to be a pure 2h sword character, a DK works really well for that too. The only class ability you need is Dragon's Blood. Morph it to Green Dragon's Blood. Swing your sword all day long, fire off Momentum to have The Power Of Greyskull, and then just crush things with Wrecking Blow and Critical Charge.

Granted, all of these 2h sword skills will be the same on a Templar. Green Dragon's Blood is just kind of the perfect berserker skill.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
How are tanking/healing at level cap? I've got too many years of WoW experience and I'm not extremely committed to a class/character at this point.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

radintorov posted:

As soon as you have some money and get to the capital city of your faction (Wayrest/Elden Root/Mournhold).
They are always in the second "main" zone you explore and can be easily reached if you dodge enemies that are higher level than you and any quest giver that tries to stop you.
For Wayrest and Mournhold you can just walk there by going in Stormhaven/Deshaan, while to get to Elden Root you need to take a boat from the docks in Skywatch: one of the NPCs there will offer to take you to Grahtwood.

Alternatively, you can travel to any party member and it will drop you at the nearest wayshrine, so just ask the goon guilds if someone's in the capital and ask them to send you a party invite so you can travel to them. It'll drop you right down in the city.

Herr Corrector
Jun 7, 2004

In the long run we're all dead.

Arctic Matthews posted:

hey PSN goon here looking for a guild invite PSN LandoKardashian

no pref on character or faction just looking to punch some nerds with you goony fucks

is the guild name still up in the air? I always thought the Lusty Argonian Maid or Lifts-her-tail was a great name

edit

I did a quick sweep of the PS4 players that posted in here and I have a list of PSN names. Looks like the majority is going AD but thats just my assumption.

Mewpers
Mgvsquared
Brownview
Clownballoon
CuddlyZombie-
Extree
NSASpyMachine.
Malice_Mizer
Shoplifter
ApocopriestSA
JazzFlight
BadLeRo
Murodese
DapperSwindler
literallygary
spvcejam-
Facepalm419
LandoKardashian
dojisekushi

Lusty Argonian Maid created on AD. All above have been invited.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Herr Corrector posted:

I am ps4, same name. I rolled daggerfall for reasons, but may switch.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Beach Party posted:

They are selling the Adventure Pack in the crown store for 1900 crowns and they are selling the Imperial Edition for 2100 crowns. If I buy the imperial Edition upgrade will I also be able to make any race/alliance combo or do I just get the imperial race to mess around with? My google searching only came up with old posts referring to the PC version, not the console version of the game.

Oh also here is a very nice protip: You can turn off attacking friendly npcs in the options menu. No more accidental murdering in towns!

Those are entirely separate. Only the Adventure Pack unlocks the ability to roll any race on any faction. (Imperials get to choose any alliance by default if you buy the Imperial Edition.)

Herr Corrector
Jun 7, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

I am ps4, same name. I rolled daggerfall for reasons, but may switch.

Added

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
Looking to join up with the EP Xbone guild

Gamer tag Captain Beebs, character name Capn Beebs

Holy gently caress the amount of npcs, quests, places of interest in these zones is intimidating

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JesustheDarkLord posted:

How are tanking/healing at level cap? I've got too many years of WoW experience and I'm not extremely committed to a class/character at this point.

Tanking is different than most mmos in that you're not completely restricted to just absorbing damage from mobs while your DPS mows them down. It's a bit more of an active role as you're usually the first to rush into a mob so that you can grab their attention with crowd control skills. You still have to watch out for the heavy hitters and make sure that they don't go off and one-shot your teammates, but for the most part, any non-boss group that you encounter in group content is fairly simple to take on.

Non-veteran content bosses are standard mmo-fare, keep them focused on you so the DPS can take em down. It's the Veteran content bosses that change up the mechanics of group dynamics, and going in with the mindset that all Vet-mode bosses are a simple tank and block affair will get you and your group wiped out.

Some examples:
-One boss marks you with an effect that spawns flames under you constantly, so not only do you have to keep moving, you also have to take into account if your dps is close range, and make sure they're not walking into the flames.
-There are 2 veteran bosses that require no tanking, because they're both ranged fights. If you don't have any means of doing damage alongside your tanking, your team is gonna be hurting in the dps department.

Healing is pretty standard fare, except that all heal skills are not targeted. They're based off of who has less health when you fire off the skill.

Additionally, there are end-game item sets that are pretty much built for specific roles. I have a 2-piece set for my healer that randomly drops a big rear end healing totem on a random group member that heals them for about 10 seconds.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 14, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Herr Corrector posted:

PSN is SuperFiveFive, in EP at the moment but I'll roll AD later if that matters.

Herr Corrector
Jun 7, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

PSN is SuperFiveFive, in EP at the moment but I'll roll AD later if that matters.

Added. And made everyone that's in so far an Officer for invites and stuff.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Funkmaster General posted:

Yep, post your GT and I or another goon can send you an invite.

Goons are going EP on the bone, so I'd recommend that if you want to actually play with us, but you can still join if you choose another faction and make use of guild chat/bank functions.

GT is Incendiary Pig

Thanks! Looking forward to playing with everyone.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
So in this game I can be a Sorcerer wearing Heavy Armor and a 2 handed sword? Like a true Battle Mage?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

LoG posted:

So in this game I can be a Sorcerer wearing Heavy Armor and a 2 handed sword? Like a true Battle Mage?
If you want to, sure.
The Sorcerer does have a few class skills that work well with a 2-hander.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

radintorov posted:

If you want to, sure.
The Sorcerer does have a few class skills that work well with a 2-hander.

That sounds awesome.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

My Templar is pretty much a battlemage, tossing fire everyone and hitting things with a sword

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Herr Corrector posted:

You're awesome. Thanks for doing this. :glomp:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:lol: AD got hosed hard in Thornblade. DC controls the entire map now.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

I'm playing on Xbox. I bought a mount from the crown store, and it shows up in my Collections menu (and I set it as Active), but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to ride it. Any hints?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Ebenezer posted:

I'm playing on Xbox. I bought a mount from the crown store, and it shows up in my Collections menu (and I set it as Active), but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to ride it. Any hints?
Hold down the Select button (or whatever the hell it's called now - the left hand one)

Anyone accepting the requests to join the XBone guild?

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Hold down the Select button (or whatever the hell it's called now - the left hand one)

THANK YOU! I think that's probably the only button I didn't long press when I was trying to figure it out. I don't recall ever seeing a dialog that told me to do that.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bagpuss_UK posted:

I sent invites to everyone who asked, I thought. I just logged off for a few hours but if you still need an invite, any other member should be able to help you out as well.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
EU server on PS4 has been down all day!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PSN: BadLeRo. Add me to the guild please.

achtbarer
May 31, 2008
I would like a invite to the PS4 NA guild(s) please.

PS4 NA: Mephfistus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Id like to break up the console chat to say that the PC ebonheart guild is very friendly and helpful and implore any PC players who are not in the guild to join it as soon as you are able. I've run a couple dungeons with guildmates and they even subsidised my mount fees. Not to mention they have patience with all my dumb questions! It's a small group but they are solid and I look forward to being able to group with them at later levels.

• Locked thread