Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

projecthalaxy posted:

I like the animation. Also I guess this confirms that Beerus and Whis will be running around, which I guess makes sense. I wish they had aged up/changed models for Trunks and Goten, though.

My thought is that they're going to grow over time. Like Gohan was 4 at the beginning of Z but like 15 by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Leaf posted:

My thought is that they're going to grow over time. Like Gohan was 4 at the beginning of Z but like 15 by the end.

I hope so. Speaking of, do we know what kind of an episode count/time frame Super is looking at? I mean unless they make the Uub episode of Z either retconned or just part of Super, aren't they only working with a timeframe of like 5-6 years between Revival of F and that?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope so. Speaking of, do we know what kind of an episode count/time frame Super is looking at? I mean unless they make the Uub episode of Z either retconned or just part of Super, aren't they only working with a timeframe of like 5-6 years between Revival of F and that?

Hard to say. If we're to believe Sean Schemmel, Kai will actually change the ending of Z, and from that it will lead to Super, so the epilogue tournament might be actually retconned in some way. It's unlikely to just be deleted though, considering the last Kai ending shows it, but it might be changed in such a way to allow more stuff to happen in between Z and the epilogue, or maybe to make it make sense with the constant stream of power-ups that's been retconned in thanks to Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F" (and let's not kid ourselves, Goku's going beyond Super Cyan in Super).

Timeline-wise, Resurrection "F" has to happen between late 779 and 780, considering Pan has been born but is still a baby. The epilogue happens on Age 784, so there's roughly 4 years for Super to work with discounting any retcons.

As an aside, Future Gohan's death/Future Trunks' first Super Saiyan transformation happened in Age 780, so Trunks should look roughly as old as he did in History of Trunks. Yet he looks younger, though that might just be me.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Don't quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere they have something like 100 episodes of super planned or provisioned for, but they might do more if it's well received.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Im just happy it seemed to focus on Goten, Trunks and Satan.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm just hoping trunks and Goten actually progress unlike GT. I'm hoping (everything) is unlike GT.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Saw this on my twitter feed and I thought it was worth sharing.

https://twitter.com/v3roniquita/status/609908830617665537/photo/1

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

zelah posted:

I'm just hoping trunks and Goten actually progress unlike GT. I'm hoping (everything) is unlike GT.

We all are. Though I wouldn't mind a cool-looking form like Super Saiyan 4 instead of another recolour (much as Super Cyan is actually a cool-looking recolour).

Also, from Kanzenshuu: "Today’s preview was apparently only a “short version”; additional updates are promised for the series’ official website on Monday, which may potentially include a full-length version."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If Super actually goes as far as to retcon the ending of Z, then it will be bad.

Rirse posted:

Saw this on my twitter feed and I thought it was worth sharing.

https://twitter.com/v3roniquita/status/609908830617665537/photo/1

We need more posts like this, thanks.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

projecthalaxy posted:

I like the animation. Also I guess this confirms that Beerus and Whis will be running around, which I guess makes sense. I wish they had aged up/changed models for Trunks and Goten, though.

Goku looked exactly the same for years, though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

And Gohan didn't, so who knows what will happen (!!)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Goku is the only eternal character. Goku Is Forever.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q77BqHdpDBY

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goten and Trunks aging a little to look kind of like Cell saga Gohan would be nice to see but they can do that in a 2nd season or whatever. New big bad guy necessitates hyperbolic time chamber training, Goten and Trunks get to power up and get a little older.

As long as they're actually doing stuff in the series I'm onboard though. Those two are great. Basically like having Dragonball era Goku and Krillin hanging out with the DBZ cast.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Eh, Goten and Trunks never really clicked with me. And I'm not too hyped on seeing their adventures running from wildlife they should be able to kill by breathing on. Just give me more Piccolo and Vegeta doing mundane things, and I'll be happy.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Yeah I also never liked them either. But by the time the Buu saga was aired on American TV I was probably too old to enjoy them, whereas with the rest of DBZ can coast on my sense of nostalgia.

(I haven't even watched all of the Buu saga. I never liked it. Sorry, thread.)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/Mrkat0/status/609675172648357888

I found Master Roshi + Turtle.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So I'm rewatching DBZ and I have to ask, why are they so afraid of dying after the Frieza saga? They seem to think that it will be the end for good despite the way the Namekian dragonballs work. Am I forgetting some reason why they don't have access to them after the Namekians leave Earth? Couldn't they just send a space ship out or even ask King Kai to relay a message?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Animation looks pretty good in those quick clips. Was worried this was gonna follow the debacle that is Sailor Moon Crystal.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Drummond's voice fit Vegeta when he was slimmer. Once he bulks up, it's Sabat time.

I think it would have been cool if they kept Drummond's voice around right up till Freiza puts a hole in his chest on Namek before Goku's big showdown, then switched to Sabat once Vegeta got resurrected by the dragon balls. Maybe explain it as the weight of death knocked his voice down a peg from the scrappy evil upstart to the experienced battle-heartened warrior who's lived through hell and back. Think of it like 20-something vs. a man in his early 30's.

It wouldn't make any real sense to be frank but it would sound cool and provide a smoother VA transition :shrug:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Machai posted:

So I'm rewatching DBZ and I have to ask, why are they so afraid of dying after the Frieza saga? They seem to think that it will be the end for good despite the way the Namekian dragonballs work. Am I forgetting some reason why they don't have access to them after the Namekians leave Earth? Couldn't they just send a space ship out or even ask King Kai to relay a message?

Being the only line of defence between villains and total global devastation, it's unlikely that there will be any way for them to get wished back should they die. Especially Piccolo, who is the heavy hitter of the group with Goku and Vegeta gone, and the most likely to get taken out first. Admittedly, King Kai could always put a call through to Moori on New Namek to say "hi could you do a huge favour" but at that point there might be a lot of problems to fix.

Not to mention that dying still hurts a lot, y'know.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Machai posted:

Well, only Goku knows instant transmission as he never bothered to teach it to anyone. And King Kai would probably not notice anyone on Earth dying until they showed up at his doorstep.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mmkay posted:

Well, only Goku knows instant transmission as he never bothered to teach it to anyone. And King Kai would probably not notice anyone on Earth dying until they showed up at his doorstep.

I don't know, Earth is fairly important in the grand scheme. Earth-people killed all the strongest dudes in the universe, and he really don't have anything else going on. I'd love for Goku or someone to show up and he's in the middle of training someone else.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

New Leaf posted:

I'd love for Goku or someone to show up and he's in the middle of training someone else.

I can't help but see this as some giant sex euphemism. Like, Goku showing up and immediately hearing King Kai shouting "That's it Udon, you're so strong. Keep going, push it harder, harder - you're so much stronger than my last partner Gokuoooohhh, uh, hi there Goku, didn't see you arrive. Uh, this is Udon. It's not what it looks like, I swear. I'm just training him for East Kai for a few days while he's out of town".

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 14, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DB Super's preview looked to be animated on par with most of the recent Dragon Ball creations. To me, that's not a good thing but I don't think it's too bad either.

HQ Webbum of it here: https://d.maxfile.ro/hotctabllv.webm

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

tsob posted:

I can't help but see this as some giant sex euphemism. Like, Goku showing up and immediately hearing King Kai shouting "That's it Udon, you're so strong. Keep going, push it harder, harder - you're so much stronger than my last partner Gokuoooohhh, uh, hi there Goku, didn't see you arrive. Uh, this is Udon. It's not what it looks like, I swear. I'm just training him for East Kai for a few days while he's out of town".

:yikes:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

I can't help but see this as some giant sex euphemism.

Sometimes, maybe reviewing your post before clicking submit is a healthy habit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tsob posted:

:catstare:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tsob posted:

You edited this. This is your second draft, and it still says this.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

projecthalaxy posted:

You edited this. This is your second draft, and it still says this.

I don't mean that I envisage King Kai having sex with some random new character, since I think that's the implication most people appear to be assuming - only that the dialogue sounds sexual in the same way DBZ: A Krillin's dialogue often does, only for it to turn out to be that King Kai is really just training someone else and trying to cover this up since he and Goku both see it as an act of betrayal for him to be trying anyone other than Goku.

While it didn't turn out even remotely funny to anyone else apparently, seeing reactions to it was funny to me, so job sort of done, I guess? :shrug:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

tsob posted:

:dogbutton:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ins anely sexy kais

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tsob posted:

I don't mean that I envisage King Kai having sex with some random new character, since I think that's the implication most people appear to be assuming - only that the dialogue sounds sexual in the same way DBZ: A Krillin's dialogue often does, only for it to turn out to be that King Kai is really just training someone else and trying to cover this up since he and Goku both see it as an act of betrayal for him to be trying anyone other than Goku.

While it didn't turn out even remotely funny to anyone else apparently, seeing reactions to it was funny to me, so job sort of done, I guess? :shrug:

It's cool dude, I'm sure we all spend our time thinking and writing about King Kai, the spherical cricket man, Boning Down and how to hide and rationalize it. Totally normal thing to do and say.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'll have you know my thoughts revolve around the pure and delicate flower that is Freeza and his one true love Yamcha, as previously indicated.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

You guys are so mean, trying to erase their kaisexuality.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

King Kai is a bug. He's going to Mate. Then explode into a swarm of 10,000 offspring that fight to be the new King Kai. Winner eats all the bodies.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Getting steamy all of the sudden

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Professor Wayne posted:

Eh, Goten and Trunks never really clicked with me. And I'm not too hyped on seeing their adventures running from wildlife they should be able to kill by breathing on. Just give me more Piccolo and Vegeta doing mundane things, and I'll be happy.

Goten and Trunks were annoying the first time reading the Buu saga as they are the main perpetrators to "let's not take this poo poo as seriously as the Freeza/Cell sagas" which is a huge tonal jump. In retrospect, though, they're essential to establishing that tone change of the series back to something more like it was early on, and the further fleshing/differentiation they get in BoG is the perfect direction for them to go in.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think kai will be finished either this week or next, I think the current episode is gonna be Mr Satan telling earth to give their engergy to Son Gokuu's Genki Dama. This has been the first time i've seen the buu saga so i'm kinda guessing whats going to happen next because I saw it happen in Xenoverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

track day bro! posted:

I think kai will be finished either this week or next, I think the current episode is gonna be Mr Satan telling earth to give their engergy to Son Gokuu's Genki Dama. This has been the first time i've seen the buu saga so i'm kinda guessing whats going to happen next because I saw it happen in Xenoverse.

That was last weeks episode actually. Today's is the destruction of Kid Buu.

Looked it up, the time skip and tournament is next week. That's it for Kai.

E: Decided to spoiler tag stuff just in case SOMEONE doesn't want to know what Kai does to the ending stuff.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 14, 2015

• Locked thread