Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The BB aren't that big of a troupe when (iirc) they wrote it all themselves and most of the heavy lifting was done by the same 4 guys. It's like they occasionally empty the writers room for extras.
You really should see season 2 if you haven't. I didn't enjoy 1 too much but after they burned off all their old stage sketches and started writing for television, it really took off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Birthday boys was voice of a generation...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Yes, Santana and candy are always on my brain
They make me so happy, the Skeleton King named Wayne

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
What a nice, group of guys. I wish I could, call them my friend but, I don't think they liked me.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I've liked all of the TV show, it's very rewatchable.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I could really go for a TaB right now

cams
Mar 28, 2003

don't know where else to post this, but i think lots of people here would enjoy this

gil ozeri is marathoning the entire entourage series and is having a bunch of comedians come over and hang out

currently nick kroll, jon gemberling, and adam pally are there with some people i don't know

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/5193e703dc/entourage-a-thon

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Birthday Boys was so good

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I WANT A WIFE!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

cams posted:

don't know where else to post this, but i think lots of people here would enjoy this

gil ozeri is marathoning the entire entourage series and is having a bunch of comedians come over and hang out

currently nick kroll, jon gemberling, and adam pally are there with some people i don't know

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/5193e703dc/entourage-a-thon

Right now they've got him sitting really close to the TV with headphones on and he has to describe to everyone else what is going on in the episode.

I had not considered how painful it must be for someone to have to watch 5 years worth of Entourage (so far, out of a total 8) while being deprived of sleep. To have to sit there praying for rest while watching hour after hour of Vince isn't doing the movie

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Scotty shows up around 19:05. It's been pretty enjoyable. Gemberling obviously loved the show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

right now, a dj has shown up and everyone is partying while ozeri sits close to the tv with headphones on describing what's happening

adam pally, john gemberling, pam murphy, shelby fero, jake fogelnest, jon daly, paul rust, thomas middleditch, and tons of other people are there partying and it is one of the most surreal things i've ever seen

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

jon daly
lol there was some talk of daly and brett gelman living with someone from entourage

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Poopy Palpy posted:

Yes, Santana and candy are always on my brain
They make me so happy, the Skeleton King named Wayne

Skeleton King was my favorite bit. :negative:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What a nice, group of guys. I wish I could, call them my friend but, I don't think they liked me.
a, tasty, treat, for you
to eat!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Clear highlight of Entourageathon is Ozeri, Pally and Gemberling almost being killed by 'The Real Entourage', including Rob Gronkowski's brother, Chris: http://livestream.com/accounts/13811516/Entourage-A-Thon/videos/89518960. Their sheer terror after they live (around 15:00) is hilarious.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

What exactly was Funny or Die's take out of this whole thing? I mean they rented a house in the Hollywood Hills for a few days, paid for all of this food and drink, had people working on a video feed for 45 hours straight, all for 1000 viewers at a time max?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GraPar posted:

Clear highlight of Entourageathon is Ozeri, Pally and Gemberling almost being killed by 'The Real Entourage', including Rob Gronkowski's brother, Chris: http://livestream.com/accounts/13811516/Entourage-A-Thon/videos/89518960. Their sheer terror after they live (around 15:00) is hilarious.
i went to bed right when they came in because i had been watching way too long and just couldn't take this

but yeah that was amazing

piratepilates posted:

What exactly was Funny or Die's take out of this whole thing? I mean they rented a house in the Hollywood Hills for a few days, paid for all of this food and drink, had people working on a video feed for 45 hours straight, all for 1000 viewers at a time max?
it's hard to say. though i imagine it's more about how many people just get eyes on it, know it's a thing, and see who's involved. maybe check in for a bit, possibly check out some clips. only the real weirdos stuck around for all of it.

there was one point yesterday in the late afternoon where gil put on headphones to watch an episode and just did a running stream of consciousness commentary on the episode, i recommend that.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

piratepilates posted:

It's all about creating content.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kid Detectives might have been my favorite episode in a really long time.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kid Detectives might have been my favorite episode in a really long time.

"a really long time", that's four words! Four Washington Lane, the next clue is at the White House!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The CBB TV show is essentially the podcast if it were edited like Radiolab.

e: That was a grepisode.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 8, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hey Scott, you want to feel pleasure like you've never experienced before?

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Further proof that the best episodes of CBB have at least one death, usually Scott's.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Also a strong correlation between great CBB episodes and incest.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alikchi posted:

Further proof that the best episodes of CBB have at least one death, usually Scott's.

Yeah, the last Farts & Pro episode was pretty great, I agree.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah, the last Farts & Pro episode was pretty great, I agree.

I bet you think this was a slam dunk. The whole crowd goes "oooooh" but also they respect how dark and twisted you are

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Past Tense Ragu posted:

I bet you think this was a slam dunk. The whole crowd goes "oooooh" but also they respect how dark and twisted you are

I can't even believe he went there, so I'm applauding twice as hard.

(Speaking of, thanks to Harris I can only think "HUH-HUH, I HIT MY HANDS TOGETHER" when I clap for something now.)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sick burns, dudes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Wow I guess I'd want to cover myself in butter because of the frequent and extreme burns... Not! I'm being sarcastic...

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/
Wait, is it time for an episode of 'Sick Burns'?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This isn't the U Talkin' U2 To Me? thread.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Beeez posted:

This isn't the U Talkin' U2 To Me? thread.

You poppin' my stones?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Maybe I'm just Blue Turtlin'.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Wait, are we Talkin' Bout Turtle?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Hey Nong Man

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
Oh it's on like Donkey Nong

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Why are podcasters so bitter about Serial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Why are podcasters so bitter about Serial?

Because podcasters like Scott and Jimmy Pardo legitimized the medium for the masses years ago, only to be told again and again in 2014 that podcasts had finally become legitimized thanks to Serial.