Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
:munch: drat you got off lucky. in my day we had only 4 minutes to post and did it for 4 HOURS. also it was snowing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:munch:
Have all past endurance posting challenges been this nitpicky?
That's basically how people get eliminated, yeah. The only one I was on the fence about was Idiot's run-on sentence, but then he wrote a two-sentence post in his next submission so that made it easy.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

And during this whole I was absolutely certain that I had written three of them. I blame being drunk.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

And during this whole I was absolutely certain that I had written three of them. I blame being drunk.

I specifically TOLD you not to get drunk :lol:

I said get one or two of those airplane bottles and administer as needed. :cheers:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

:munch: drat you got off lucky. in my day we had only 4 minutes to post and did it for 4 HOURS. also it was snowing!

Weak. Try 9.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:munch:
Have all past endurance posting challenges been this nitpicky?

:munch: Derp got eliminated for misspelling a Survivor's name :negative:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

This was back when I thought the endurance challenge was going to be physical and involve a skype video call of some kind.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

The validity of the way in which he used exclusive is (I agree with you - incorrect) but also slightly up for interpretation. The comma thing is a complete and total grammar mistake in all ways. You cannot write two sentences and stick a comma in the middle.

Well I mean I'm not going to get super pedantic about the first one because that's just trouble. The thing you're talking about I don't rally understand but also I haven't really been educated as much so I'll assume you're right there.

Congrats on the win!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Thank you. I am sad that this went down so fast and hard. There was finally a challenge that was in my wheelhouse, and I wasn't going to mess it up for anything. I feel weird because of the way it went down. I can't even do like my normal :dance:

I feel bad about the education thing. That REALLY was two sentences mashed up with a comma.

Also, anything I said during the actual writing was kind of just the best things I could think of, and don't necessarily reflect on reality. Just FYI y'all.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

uranus posted:

iirc it was a little over 5.

Allen Wren posted:

Weak. Try 9.

I would have, but I won before then vOv

I think ABB with Meinberg/Rarity still has the record though

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
For the record, I have never, and will never own anything by Versace :lol:

I DID go in their store once (my office building used to be connected to a very high-end mall - Tysons II, if you live around here) and it was the only place to get lunch, so while I was getting lunch one day, I went in and looked around. The scarves were like $500 bucks, and all the clothes looked BUTT-UGLY and cheap BTW. but the worst part was the employees IMMEDIATELY shunning me very publicly and refusing to even look at me... like my size 8 completely normal person body was some kind of direct offense. :laffo: gently caress way too skinny rich people. :dance:

Holy Moley it is thunderstoming out like crazy right now. I got the hard thunder again - the kind that shakes the house. Weird. Anyways, I'm going to find something to eat and then probably take a nap, and also drink my beers, none of that in any particular order. See y'all at final tribal council. (holy crap!)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
taking bribes for next tribal, pm me for paypal info

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In the challenge prior to this latest one, MMM and AnAnonymousIdiot advanced to the second round as a reward for participation in a reward challenge.

Here is footage of that challenge. Whoa they're eating bugs!!!

AnAnonymousIdiot, still very anonymous, apparently eating some bugs:

MMM, chowing down on a MONSTER creature!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:siren::siren: Also, announcing the MANGOSTEEN™ Player of the Season Award!!! :siren::siren:

Everyone! Players, viewers, random goons! Send me a PM with your vote for player of the season. This person will receive their own $25 prize regardless of their finish in the season. You can vote for players still in the game or you can vote for players eliminated from this game. Anyone who was in this season is eligible!

PM your votes to me! The only deadline is to let me know BEFORE the Final Tribal Council, currently scheduled for Thursday of this week.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 15, 2015

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Those were both so cool. Anonymous, you are one interesting dude. Every time I thought the mask was coming off, there was another layer underneath lol. It looked like those suckers just wouldn't go down.

I also have to give props to MMM who is continually adorable during pretty much every endeavor. Also props for being normal on camera in one take. I made that backyard video like 10 times and the instant the camera was on me I immediately lost all higher brain functions. :lol:

I think tomorrow I will ms paint the four of us, but unfortunately I don't have any idea what Imgay actually looks like, so unless he says otherwise, he's a super-swole 6 foot black dude. Gotta counteract the skinny white people factor, and just pick something :lol:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

May we have the tribal an hour or even just half an hour later? I'm working tomorrow and would prefer that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absolutely love your adorable postcard btw dogg

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Time has no meaning in the land of the unemployed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

An adjustment to 9:00PM seems to be acceptable, and it's only a slight adjustment. So, let it be known...

Tribal Council tonight starts at 9:00 PM. We'll end the voting at 10pm or when I have received all of the votes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welcome once again to Tribal Council. For the final time, the person with the most votes here tonight will be eliminated from the game, and will take a seat on the jury. The three surviving players will have a date at Final Tribal Council.

During Tribal Council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this Tribal Council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

As usual, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 9:30PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

AnAnonymousIdiot, imgay, MMM... One of you will be going home tonight. You cannot vote for DoggPickle, who won immunity in the Endurance Posting challenge.

Question for AnAnonymousIdiot, imgay, MMM
DoggPickle has immunity tonight, which means she holds a lot of the sway in this vote. Has she discussed her plans with you?

Question DoggPickle
What is it like being in this position? Do you like holding this power?

Question for MMM
This is your first time not either having the immunity necklace or an idol since there were nine people in this game. Are you feeling exposed?

Question for all
With four players left, a 2-2 tie is possible in this vote. Has that come up at all?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DoggPickle has immunity tonight, which means she holds a lot of the sway in this vote. Has she discussed her plans with you?

I talked to dogg a bit, I think the plan is to vote mmm

Question for all
With four players left, a 2-2 tie is possible in this vote. Has that come up at all?

I haven't heard anyone talk about that

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Question DoggPickle
What is it like being in this position? Do you like holding this power?

I actually, in some ways, I think I might have been better off NOT winning this immunity. As always I could be completely wrong and have no idea what the heck is happening, but I don't think I would have been on the chopping block. It is REALLY REALLY NICE though, to know that I have some ability to screw up tonight and still be here.

Question for all

Yeah, I've asked a couple people what an internet survivor fire-making challenge actually is but they didn't know. Or chose not to tell me? I don't know. :lol:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

I can't really say I know who's going to do what. I've tried to say at least a hi to different people but because of my situation I know most people aren't going to go in depth with strategy with me. I am, uh, warily optimistic in this tribal.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for MMM
This is your first time not either having the immunity necklace or an idol since there were nine people in this game. Are you feeling exposed?

Well, without a better way to phrase this: yes. I am no longer in control of my own fate.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all

It has come up in my mind. I can make pretty good fires in real life.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Question for AnAnonymousIdiot

I think she would have people seek her out as her vote matters while we Three Great Clans duke it out for the whole Kanto.We have fought on the plains of Kawanakajima, on the coasts of the southern seas, played many a game of Cards Against Humanity, and now we must turn to one individual that can take us to Kyoto; that is the position Dogg Pickle has found herself in. It would hinge on who has she promised her loyalty among us three. Barring that I had consulted the I Ching and found exciting but odd readings; in particular the fourth line of hexagram 24 going to hexagram 51. I feel a madness fed by a boldness born from archaic ideas, and I can hardly wait to see how this plays out.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all

I have thought this many many times, and the concept terrifies me. It is only with the feud that has been on and off that this forest of Wisteria isn't teeming with ninja.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

My biggest regret is how nobody wanted me to make sense out of the things I've said in previous Tribal Councils. That would've been fun. :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay, guys. I won't draw this out any longer. If you're ready, you may now submit your votes.

You may also continue talking in thread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I actually read some wikipedia articles about the warring states but you were already on sengoku japan by the time I started to get it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOw95bLv1dQ

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
That seems mean! Now I am scared. Is there some super secret rule where I could get voted out with immunity right now?? =D

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I had went between the two eras as I was unsure which situation was being reflected at the point of the merge; while both of them were about a massive civil war over a decentralized force, one had a clear contender while the other did not. I had seen at the start what I had thought to be a powerful alliance that could roll across the tribe without resistance. At this point though it is hard to see who is ahead of whom at this point, and much of my trip into allegory has been trying to work through my own confusion; to find context to the events in this game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

FYI, I am not screwing with you guys, I am still waiting for a vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lebron got mad called out lol

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

my internet keeps going out :(

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

actually it seems fine now

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That was after the game where the Cavs won at Golden State stealing homecourt advantage as LeBron went for 39 points, 16 rebounds, and 11 assists. In other words, not the best timing

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Dang I wish I knew like 1 thing about basketball. Anybody want to talk about Tennis? Or the NFC East?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I admit that I was afraid to reveal that I did Tarot and I Ching until now for fear that I would be declared too much of a loony.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
El Tenis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats how a spaniard says tennis

• Locked thread