Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Schneider Heim posted:

From Avengers VS #2

I'll never get tired of Thor being a dick to Tony.

If Tony dug out the stone under his foot at an angle such that Mjolnir would logically fall off his foot what would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Or, you know, just get out of the armor.

Edit: Thor should totally keep on being a dick to Tony though. Feels like he let him off too easy for the whole cloning thing.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

David D. Davidson posted:

So how does Tony even go the the Bathroom in that suit?

He just pisses in it. Like an astronaut.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgA9dsiEcEQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Does anyone have the panel of Hank Pym "working" on Jocasta? You know what I mean.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Strange Tales 83 Stan Lee Loves circuses

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

Or, you know, just get out of the armor.

Edit: Thor should totally keep on being a dick to Tony though. Feels like he let him off too easy for the whole cloning thing.

Thor just made an angry speech and hit him with lightning once, right? He should have been much harder on him. I blame Hollywood.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

prefect posted:

Thor just made an angry speech and hit him with lightning once, right? He should have been much harder on him. I blame Hollywood.

He spent an entire issue beating the poo poo out of him, then Tony was so scared and beat up that he gave Asgard diplomatic immunity from the registration act and ran with his tail between his legs.

Then Thor was a huge dick to him for like a year any time they met, until they bonded over murdering Sentry.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

He spent an entire issue beating the poo poo out of him, then Tony was so scared and beat up that he gave Asgard diplomatic immunity from the registration act and ran with his tail between his legs.

Then Thor was a huge dick to him for like a year any time they met, until they bonded over murdering Sentry.

I guess Thor really hates paperwork then, considering the form would read "Thor. Secret Identity, also Thor. You idiot"

Well, when he's not working construction at least. Which was already a SHIELD Registered identity anyways :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Section Z posted:

I guess Thor really hates paperwork then, considering the form would read "Thor. Secret Identity, also Thor. You idiot"

Donald Blake? But you forget, the registration act would also have made every Asgardian essentially a slave to the US government to be used in military action as they see fit.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Donald Blake? But you forget, the registration act would also have made every Asgardian essentially a slave to the US government to be used in military action as they see fit.

I suppose that's what I get for not reading or paying too much attention to the Civil War :downs:

I'm still standing by the assumption that Thor hates paperwork though, that still works either way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

When was the last time Thor used the Donald Blake identity? Also, that wasn't so much a secret identity as another actual dude whose psyche he was piggy backing on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

Well, when he's not working construction at least.

I thought that was Spider-Man?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought that was Spider-Man?

A blonde giant named Sigurd Jarlson, yep, that's gotta be Spider-man's alias. Now dammit where's the panel of the foreman jumping to that conclusion? The best I've found is "Sigurd" demonstrating how infallible his disguise is. (Pic rehosted from here, unsure of source beyond Simonson's run on Thor.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

When was the last time Thor used the Donald Blake identity? Also, that wasn't so much a secret identity as another actual dude whose psyche he was piggy backing on.
It was and it wasn't. Originally Donald Blake was just the guy with the hammer to become Thor, but then it was retconned into being an identity invented by Odin and Donald Blake was just Thor enchanted to be human and have false memories, and then when they retired the secret identity altogether (because once they'd removed the limitation of having to hold on to the hammer to be Thor it was just an excuse to have Thor slum around Midgard pretending to have Spider-man problems, and therefore useless) whoever wrote that forgot Donald Blake didn't exist at all and made him a separate person to be put on a bus.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Well sure, but Donald Blake was still a huge part of the Thor comeback until Fraction went and turned the guy evil and killed him for no apparent reason.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

It was and it wasn't. Originally Donald Blake was just the guy with the hammer to become Thor, but then it was retconned into being an identity invented by Odin and Donald Blake was just Thor enchanted to be human and have false memories, and then when they retired the secret identity altogether (because once they'd removed the limitation of having to hold on to the hammer to be Thor it was just an excuse to have Thor slum around Midgard pretending to have Spider-man problems, and therefore useless) whoever wrote that forgot Donald Blake didn't exist at all and made him a separate person to be put on a bus.

Actually JMS explained it as Odin's spell that made Donald Blake not exist any more stopped working with Ragnarök, so he just spontaneously came into existence again as his own being, since Thor was gone.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

darthbob88 posted:

A blonde giant named Sigurd Jarlson, yep, that's gotta be Spider-man's alias. Now dammit where's the panel of the foreman jumping to that conclusion? The best I've found is "Sigurd" demonstrating how infallible his disguise is. (Pic rehosted from here, unsure of source beyond Simonson's run on Thor.)

This is the only panel I've been able to find, from Thor #344.

I think your pic is from Thor #341, when the Sigurd Jarlson identity was first used.

Side note: Is it the artist or the letterer that does sound effects? Because Walt Simonson always seems to have the best ones.

Aha!

prefect fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 16, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yvonmukluk posted:

Actually JMS explained it as Odin's spell that made Donald Blake not exist any more stopped working with Ragnarök, so he just spontaneously came into existence again as his own being, since Thor was gone.
But Donald Blake only existed as Odin's spell :psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

But Donald Blake only existed as Odin's spell :psyduck:

Listen, we're up to like 4 Lokis due to exactly these kinds of shenanigans. It's perfectly acceptable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does Odin really look like the kind of guy who thinks through his spells before casting the poo poo out of them?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Who ever heard of a god creating life by accident?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

prefect posted:

Side note: Is it the artist or the letterer that does sound effects? Because Walt Simonson always seems to have the best ones.

I believe it's the letterer. John Workman's letters perfectly complement Simonson's art, and Workman was the first letterer, in my own comics-reading history, to make me think there was anything other than plain utility to the craft.

Oh, and I'm not trying to open a can of worms, but if you want to see some of the best lettering in your life, Dave Sim's your fellow:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, and I'm not trying to open a can of worms, but if you want to see some of the best lettering in your life, Dave Sim's your fellow:

Look, no one's ever going to dispute Sim's talent.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Look, no one's ever going to dispute Sim's talent.

I've seen it done, swear to god.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's got a talent for squandering his entire career for sure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I doubt there's a hard rule about sound effects. Some artists integrate them into their drawings so well they have to be doing it themselves. I don't have the pages handy to post but anybody who's read Batman: Snow knows what I'm talking about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

I believe it's the letterer. John Workman's letters perfectly complement Simonson's art, and Workman was the first letterer, in my own comics-reading history, to make me think there was anything other than plain utility to the craft.
Yeah, unless the sound effects are *really* integrated into the art (a la Quitel's Batmobile panel that I can't find a good source of), it's the letterer.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Frank Quietly, from Morrison's batman run:

edit:table breaking

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

That Morrison run has a ton of funny stuff in it.

Batman and Robin #16

Seriously, don't.

Who needs sound effects?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lurdiak posted:

Who ever heard of a god creating life by accident?

Azathoth?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nice rape face, Kid Flash.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Nice rape face, Kid Flash.

That would be the problem with this gimmick. That's not 'hilariously out of context/edited'.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And Aqualad's the only one of the four who doesn't look interested.

Dude loving loves him some fishsticks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gnome de plume posted:

Dude loving loves him some fishsticks.

I only glanced at the OP and initially thought this was a double entendre.

It could still be a double entendre.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

He likes to put 'em in his mouth

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
What is he, a gay fish?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
No Orson Welles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Wolverine peruses a Hustler magazine in the background while Colossus looks on in shock and the proprietor in disgust. (From issue 1 of the Dark Phoenix Saga.)