Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

It would help if you knew which part you liked/hated about both.

I loved every aspect of FF7 because I was an impressionable kid like a lot of you guys I guess. I hated FF13 because the super Japanese HONOR HONOR SHAME HEROOOOOOOOO poo poo that had me rolling my eyes off the screen constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Electric Phantasm posted:

You should play the extra dungeons in the DS ports!

Actually don't they suck, what happens:
that one guy who's name I can't remember that summons the golems raises Porre into a military state and uses it to get revenge on Chrono and Marle for beating him up

That seems like crappy resolution. I figured it would be someone interfering with the timeline.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

V-Men posted:

That seems like crappy resolution. I figured it would be someone interfering with the timeline.

I remembered the dudes name it's Dalton. You remember Porre? Dalton managed to get to Chrono's present and turn that little town into a military power big enough to topple Guardia. They even included an anime cutscene of Guardia getting destroyed. Chrono and Marle still get an off screen death just like everyone else.

So it is someone interfering with the timeline, it is just really stupid.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Chrono Break

Developed by Matrix Software.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Chrono Break, written by Chris Avellone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lightning Break, by Motomu Toriyama

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It would be good to find out who would win in a fight between Lavos and Lightning

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

It would be good to find out who would win in a fight between Lavos and Lightning

I used to wonder who would win a three way fight between Lavos, Jenova and Deus when I was younger. I had too much time on my hands back then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Lightning, she is fuelled by love.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I used to wonder who would win a three way fight between Lavos, Jenova and Deus when I was younger. I had too much time on my hands back then.

Also Lightning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Lightning, obviously.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Lightning's killed multiple gods plus her boyfriend can rewrite the game engine so she's the strongest video game character ever.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't mean to doubt Lightning

Please forgive me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't mean to doubt Lightning

Please forgive me

Does this look like the face of forgiveness to you?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
One of lightning's battle quotes in 13-3 is YOU THINK YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN?!?!? which she shouts at dogs, bats, and other animals

gently caress you, dog, you're going straight to hell

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you were to get into ff14 right now what's the best way to go about it. I don't see a package deal on Steam for both the original and the new expansion. if I bought that package deal on PS4 can you then also play on steam or nah

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm in Japan right now and can't try out the new FFXV demo, I read before they were going to add co-op features to it. Is that just co-op attacks with NPC's or can I actually have a friend play as well?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

epitasis posted:

if you were to get into ff14 right now what's the best way to go about it. I don't see a package deal on Steam for both the original and the new expansion. if I bought that package deal on PS4 can you then also play on steam or nah

You have to buy a license through their support site/account manager to play them on another platform so if you wanna play on PC you're better off just buying them on Steam.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

Lightning's killed multiple gods plus her boyfriend can tell Square Enix's programmers to rewrite the game engine so she's the strongest video game character ever.

C'mon, credit where credit's due.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

epitasis posted:

I've heard that buying the Realm Reborn / Heavensward bundle doesn't let you play until June 23. If you were to just buy the base game (and the expansion separately) you'd be able to play right away, and the bundle is the same price as buying them separate anyway. The physical copy of the base game is also 10 bucks on Amazon right now, but with shipping times and a 24 hour maintenance this week I'm not sure how much you'd be able to play. Also I've heard that there's some frustration with buying it through Steam, like if you buy the Steam version now you have to buy all future expansions through it or some poo poo.

Also if you buy a PS4 version you have to buy a PC version as well if you want to play your account on PC. Expansions too. It's pretty dumb.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

FF15 is probably going to launch on PC .

I really hope so, this would own.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Black Stones posted:

I'm in Japan right now and can't try out the new FFXV demo, I read before they were going to add co-op features to it. Is that just co-op attacks with NPC's or can I actually have a friend play as well?

Co-op attacks.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

With Type-0 heading to PC, it's pretty much almost a certainty right? The Final Fantasy games on Steam must be doing well enough if they're porting that over. Maybe not released the same day the console versions are but, somewhere down the line at least.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They won't release FF15 on PC until more people buy The After Years.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Minrad posted:

It's probably just 3D Chrono Trigger remake coming to iOs :suicide:

You just made me remember the CT fan project that Square had shut down because they're loving shitheads:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Resurrection

Note: SE will never do a 3D CT that even comes close to the quality that these guys were putting in to it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mega64 posted:

They won't release FF15 on PC until more people buy The After Years.

Not worth it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Note: SE will never do a 3D CT that even comes close to the quality that these guys were putting in to it.

That would be because they weren't doing a 3D CT either. They were recreating scenes from CT in order to market their engine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally beat FFXIII-2 and that ending was pretty great. The DLC is kind of hosed though. Anyone else with the steam version just have the Lighting DLC skip the whole fighting part and give you instant 5* rankings? Now for the post game I guess.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

They're combination team attacks with the other party members. There's not going to be any multiplayer.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Mr. Fortitude posted:

With Type-0 heading to PC, it's pretty much almost a certainty right? The Final Fantasy games on Steam must be doing well enough if they're porting that over. Maybe not released the same day the console versions are but, somewhere down the line at least.

It would be extremely wasteful to have the game's engine (which is supposed to be multiplatform) run on DirectX 12 with high-end Nvidia GPUs without shipping a PC version, especially now that every AAA RPG on the market has a PC version launch day and date with the console versions.

But this is Square-Enix we're talking about.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

You just made me remember the CT fan project that Square had shut down because they're loving shitheads:

It understandably ruffles some feathers when they do that as a way to promote a game engine that they aimed to make money off of, instead of just being a neat fan game thing (Also yeah what ImpAtom said, it wasn't going to be a real game in the first place).

Trying to make money with your fan creation might as well paint a giant target on you and a company would have to be mind bogglingly stupid to not try to shoot such a thing down down.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, do we have any first-hand reports of the quality of the Tactics Android port?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rand Brittain posted:

So, do we have any first-hand reports of the quality of the Tactics Android port?

It's okay, touch controls are a bit finicky and the animations have been sped up but unless any of that bothers you it's basically the PSP version with no slow down.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Evil Fluffy posted:

It wasn't a remake, just a series of crappy scenes rendered in 3d to sell their engine.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

I would argue that buying FFXIV from any non-Steam store is better since you can then buy the game and any expansions from whichever store has the cheapest price instead of being locked into a Steam purchase. Steam copies of the game require steam expansion purchases. You can add the game to your library and still use the overlay, screenshots, broadcasting, etc.

The only compelling reason to get a Steam copy is if you want to pay your subscription with the stream wallet.

I am normally an everything on Steam kind of guy but I am happy to have my FFXIV account separate. I was able to get the base game for $15 back on the day on Amazon and use a 25% off code at GMG on the expansion collector's edition before the pre-order ever came up on Steam (and who knows when or if that will go on sale).

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 14, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's okay, touch controls are a bit finicky and the animations have been sped up but unless any of that bothers you it's basically the PSP version with no slow down.

That sounds like it's the best port then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

That sounds like it's the best port then.

It sounds identical to the iOS version that was released years ago.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just found out today that was finally out. Every time I've checked in the past few years since the iOS version came out, the only news was "it's coming someday" and the Android version was only out in Japan. Really pleasant surprise today. :dance:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

E3 has truly begun, from Siliconera

Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PlayStation 4

quote:

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isn’t the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
World is ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i wonder how many years in production that game will be. Still, weirdly excited.