Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Since the Smash Bros shop isn't working for me, I can't confirm. Are all three characters released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Since the Smash Bros shop isn't working for me, I can't confirm. Are all three characters released?

Yeah

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, if you can buy it and it was in the Direct it's on the store now.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Roy is what Lucina and Marth should have been from the beginning

he can follow up on a throw!!!

Really well!!!!!!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't view the direct right now: how much is each dlc?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ruggington posted:

he can follow up on a throw!!!

Really well!!!!!!!!

I just killed an Ike with FSmash when he was at 74% before the hit

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Little Mac posted:

I can't view the direct right now: how much is each dlc?
Shamelessly stolen from Courtesy of Nintendolife

quote:

The following content is available right now from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS:
  • Ryu (new challenger + Suzaku stage) - $5.99/£5.39/€5.99 single platform / $6.99/£6.29/€6.99 on Wii U & 3DS
  • Roy (new challenger) - $3.99/£3.59/€3.99 single platform / $4.99/£4.49/€4.99 on Wii U & 3DS
  • Lucas (new challenger) - $3.99/£3.59/€3.99 single platform / $4.99/£4.49/€4.99 on Wii U & 3DS
  • Mii Fighter Costumes (Akira and Jacky from Virtua Fighter, Heihachi from Tekken, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, MegaMan.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network, ZERO from Mega Man X, the Inkling Girl and Boy and the squid hat from Splatoon) - $0.75/£0.69/€0.79 each single platform / $1.15/£1.09/€1.19 on Wii U & 3DS / $6/£5.52/€6.32 for all on a single platform / $9.20/£8.72/€9.52 for all on Wii U & 3DS
  • Dreamland Stage (based on the N64 original) - $1.99/£1.79/€1.99 single platform / $2.99/£2.69/€2.99 on Wii U & 3DS
  • Miiverse Stage - Free, Wii U only
  • All of the above in one bundle - $21.96/£19.88/€22.28 single platform, or both game versions together for $29.16/£26.68/€29.48

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
how much is Smash Wii U on the eshop

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
$59.99

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just killed an Ike with FSmash when he was at 74% before the hit

Hitting a sweetspot at the hilt seems way easier than the tip.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I have realized that nothing I've learned with ness will transfer over to lucas and it is very disheartening

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
Characters can't slide off of edges of the stage as easily/at all which means kirby can't do quick stones to punish people recovering badly.

Sakurai, why.....

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Spinning Robo posted:

Characters can't slide off of edges of the stage as easily/at all which means kirby can't do quick stones to punish people recovering badly.

Sakurai, why.....

At last, my patented "inexplicably slide off the stage while Thundering" technique may finally be put to rest.......

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

those sure are some people being upset about a completely optional thing you can only do with one character

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
so how IS the 3ds version doin are people still playing it O_O seems like it poses annoying restrictos on what characters can be added

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cicadas! posted:

those sure are some people being upset about a completely optional thing you can only do with one character

it owns and im enjoying the anger

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

whalestory posted:

so how IS the 3ds version doin are people still playing it O_O seems like it poses annoying restrictos on what characters can be added

The 3ds version is the only one I play, as I do not have a Wii U

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
miiverse stage is everything i wanted it to be

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

whalestory posted:

It's still my main go-to for Smash.

Also, the new All-Star Mode line-up (or what I remember of it):

1980-1984:

Mr. Game & Watch
Pac-Man
Mario
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Little Mac

1984-1986:

Duck Hunt Duo
R.O.B.
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda
Samus

1986-1990:

Pit
Palutena
Ryu
Mega Man
Marth
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Captain Falcon

1991-1993:

Sonic
Kirby
King Dedede
Wario
Fox
Falco
Meta Knight

1994-1998:

Ness
Diddy Kong
Mewtwo
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Ganondorf

2001-2006 (:suicide:):

Villager
Olimar
Roy
Bowser Jr.
Toon Link
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Lucario

2007-2013:

Rosalina & Luma
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Dark Pit
Robin
Lucina
Greninja

Reverse it for the Wii U line-up.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 14, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

hm, so I'll need roughly 82 bucks for the game and the dlc... i can do that... :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alcharagia posted:

hm, so I'll need roughly 82 bucks for the game and the dlc... i can do that... :getin:

i like your av

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm happy to report that Roy is indeed still my boy.

Also being able to do the inputs for Ryu's moves owns and if you don't like it then you are a big blubbering baby who should just quit playing this game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Eonwe posted:

i like your av

Thanks, yours is good too

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

whalestory posted:

What restrictions are you talking about? Other than the Ice Climbers getting cut because the Old 3DS couldn't handle the paired AI, everything else about the roster is identical.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Support Samus and ZSS on the Miiverse! Let the community know how much you dislike Ridley!

Miiverse stage rules. Today feels like the third launch of the game.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Does anyone know any cool Roy combos?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lyn would recognize her son in law, roy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it took me a second and then i said, 'lol'

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So apparently Roy & Ryu were, like Lucas & Mewtwo, always intended as DLC. That makes it slightly better though I do have to ask why Ryu was chosen as a DLC addition. Mewtwo, Roy, & Lucas I understand cause they're from Nintendo owned franchises but what are Street Fighter and Capcom Versus' history with Nintendo?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson today Gerald from Hey Arnold. Don't make videos about leaks when YouTube is your career. Don't just, don't.

(It wasn't even a strike they hit you with I can still see what they did here it was was a block.)

my ballsack my ballsack my ballsack my ballsack my ballsack

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
https://twitter.com/BadMiiversePost/status/610175349985517568

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chimera-gui posted:

So apparently Roy & Ryu were, like Lucas & Mewtwo, always intended as DLC. That makes it slightly better though I do have to ask why Ryu was chosen as a DLC addition. Mewtwo, Roy, & Lucas I understand cause they're from Nintendo owned franchises but what are Street Fighter and Capcom Versus' history with Nintendo?
didn't street fighter 2 do gangbusters on the SNES?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Chimera-gui posted:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

I didn't know Roy and Sue was such a popular pairing

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I don't know why people need to justify characters with "Nintendo history". How about "character is cool; let's put him/her in"?

Heck, I'm not against Lara Croft, arguably the most famous video game character that's not in Smash now.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So I'm gonna make some Mii's for the Mega Man game costumes, and I need a pic of Proto Man, Mega Man X, and Zero so I get all of their proportions right. Where can I find those at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

I didn't know Roy and Sue was such a popular pairing

if you were going to counter troll me, lyn and florina would have been the correct move

• Locked thread