Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dr. Stab posted:

Which coldsnap common?

Cast Angel's Grace, Draw your deck with AN, hit them with a Lightning Storm for lethal. The deck literally cannot beat anyone who has more than ~28 life.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Angry Grimace posted:

Draw your deck, hit them with a Lightning Storm for lethal. The deck literally cannot beat anyone who has more than ~28 life.

What if they have a land card in hand?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lobsterpillar posted:

Well lightning storm them for exactsies and should have at least 3 or 4 lands left in hand, which should be more than they have so you can win the fight.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Lobsterpillar posted:

The guy who just drew his whole deck is probably going to have a lot more lands in hand than the guy who didn't!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Lobsterpillar posted:

Always choose exactsies, you will almost always have enough land to win, but I've had my opponent run out of land.

Its fairly frustrating to kill an AN player, actually. They have a lot of ways to not lose.

Static Equilibrium posted:

The guy who just drew his whole deck is probably going to have a lot more lands in hand than the guy who didn't!

Basically this. If they get too many lands out they can occasionally run out of land to hit you for lethal though. I think it actually can hit you for 40 though, I've just had them run out before, but I think they were just unlucky.

Never try and sideboard in Leyline of Sanctity against that deck. They are playing

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 14, 2015

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Cast Angel's Grace, Draw your deck with AN, hit them with a Lightning Storm for lethal. The deck literally cannot beat anyone who has more than ~28 life.

It's an uncommon.

(Yeah, Coldsnap rarity symbols are wonky)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Angry Grimace posted:

Draw your deck, hit them with a Lightning Storm for lethal. The deck literally cannot beat anyone who has more than ~28 life.

Oh. I was looking at a list of commons and trying to figure out which one could win a game. I was thinking something to do with martyr of spores, or maybe some sort of weird loop with surging flame.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
There's also that Time Spiral common that involves discarding x cards for damage.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

bhsman posted:

There's also that Time Spiral common that involves discarding x cards for damage.

Conflagrate. More precisely, Conflagrate's flashback.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Elyv posted:

This card is also uncommon, though.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Elyv posted:

Yeah, that's the o-

Dr. Stab posted:

This card is also uncommon, though.

:suicide:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
They are seriously showing a Twin mirror as the feature match of the top 8.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Boco_T posted:

And there were plenty of more interesting matches. Hell even just show a fast one since this will still be going once that's done.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

Boco_T posted:

They have cool combo deck matchups to show and they pick the most boring 2 card combo deck mirror.

ResidentSleeper

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boco_T posted:

Gotta show off the deck to beat so you can learn to play and buy the deck to beat!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Ban twin.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Henron posted:

They have cool combo deck matchups to show and they pick the most boring 2 card combo deck mirror.

ResidentSleeper

Apparently SCG is defending it "because it's Sam Pardee".

I can't wait until Twin or Deciever Exarch get the axe, because I hate watching Twin mirrors.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

And Chapin didn't make it to Top8 :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Ban twin.

Unban Dig Through Time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I think twin mirrors can make for difficult, interesting games. :shrug:

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 14, 2015

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Basically this.

Also I wanted to see that Goryos deck go so fuckin badly, not some lovely loving twin mirror.

On a hilarious note, check tcg players price graph for Nourishing Shoals. It's a flat line at 60 cents forever then a vertical line to infinity today.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ban twin.

Unban Dig Through Time.

:agreed:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rinkles posted:

I think twin mirrors can make for difficult, interesting games. :shrug:

Yeah but good luck, the High Tide around here is predictable and dumb.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

But we all agree that the card that's borderline too powerful for Legacy should be unbanned from Modern? Ok cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think Goblin Guide should be banned for budget reasons

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

But we all agree that the card that's borderline too powerful for Legacy should be unbanned from Modern? Ok cool.

It's almost as if card power is entirely dependent on meta and what decks are viable and has nothing to do with how the card plays in a vacuum.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I'm a good call in this current meta

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Ugh. Twin is going to win this GP.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

You guys complain endlessly about one deck or another I don't know why you dudes even play magic.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You guys complain endlessly about one deck or another I don't know why you dudes even play magic.

First rule of Magic: Bitch about decks you don't actually play.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Count Bleck posted:

First rule of Magic: Bitch about decks you don't actually play.

The 2nd is to blatantly defend decks you do play.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ciprian Maricon posted:

People itt have been predicting a Twin ban for like three years now. It's gonna happen any minute

Although it would be a funny change of pace to see everyone start complaining about Amulet Bloom, and then Pyromancer Ascension, and then Scapeshift, but probably never Infect or Bogles.

Sickening posted:

The 2nd is to blatantly defend decks you do play.

There were a bunch of Eggs defenders because being unironically terrible is appealing apparently

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I have nothing against Twin except that Dig can't be in Modern as long as it's a deck.

For Dig to live, Twin must die

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Twin is uniquely boring as poo poo.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I was 2-1 against Twin last weekend with Elves at a PPTQ, but I had 2 Choke in my sideboard.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Who the gently caress cares you don't have to play it.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Ciprian Maricon posted:

modern is really dumb/boring from a competitive standpoint....oh look "insert 1 of 4 modern decks" that wins every modern tournament won the newest gp modern tournament.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have nothing against Twin except that Dig can't be in Modern as long as it's a deck.

For Dig to live, Twin must die

Dig would just go into Scapeshift and I don't think you need Serum Visions to guess what the complaints would be next

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

modern is really dumb/boring from a competitive standpoint....oh look "insert 1 of 4 modern decks" that wins every modern tournament won the newest gp modern tournament.

Banning Twin isn't going to change that.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Basically this. It's boring to play and it's boring to play against.

The newer Grixis twin is a bit more interesting but I like the grixis control build better.

Twin is just a stupid card.

Edit: don't get me wrong sometimes when I decide to play soul sisters playing against twin is hysterical, but very rarely.

• Locked thread