Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Reggie announced at E3 "And we are pleased to announce that Metroid Zero Mission is finally going to be coming to virtual console... sometime in the next fiscal year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

greatn posted:

Reggie announced at E3 "And we are pleased to announce that Metroid Zero Mission is finally going to be coming to virtual console... sometime in the next fiscal year."

And then it's delayed, like Mario 3 was for months

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Miracle Cure worth the 9 bucks if you've never played a Dr. Mario game and think the character in Smash is a total rear end in a top hat

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you like puzzles games then yeah. It's the best version of one of the best puzzle games.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

SeANMcBAY posted:

If you like puzzles games then yeah. It's the best version of one of the best puzzle games.

Dr. Mario 64 has features it doesn't, so it's at best tied.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

man nurse posted:

I just want Zero Mission :negative:

*Smugly looks at Zero Mission in the EU store and doesn't buy it* :smug:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So did anyone else catch the Mother 1 trailer on the official e3 stream?

Holy crap.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Echo Chamber posted:

So did anyone else catch the Mother 1 trailer on the official e3 stream?

Holy crap.

E3 hasn't even started yet, I wonder what Nintendo is going to reveal if they've already dropped so much stuff the past few days. This is kind of crazy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The official twitter just mentioned it coming out tonight as Earthbound Beginnings.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I can't believe we're getting Mother 1 on VC. It just doesn't feel real. It's something people have wanted for so long and it's finally happening.

Everyone needs to buy that. Maybe, just maybe Mother 3 can happen.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
MOTHER is probably my least favorite out of the three, but I'm going to buy this game so hard.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

SereneCrimson posted:

I can't believe we're getting Mother 1 on VC. It just doesn't feel real. It's something people have wanted for so long and it's finally happening.

Nah gently caress that, vanilla Mother 1 is super grindy. And we already have a good English Mother 3.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SereneCrimson posted:

If theyve localised Mother then it's a fairly safe bet that Earthbound sold drat well.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
They've localized Mother 1 back in the NES days, it's leaked under the name of "Earthbound Zero" a long time ago. It's probably just that.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

They've localized Mother 1 back in the NES days, it's leaked under the name of "Earthbound Zero" a long time ago. It's probably just that.

C'mon Starfox 2 :getin:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm not too amped about Mother, but I'm amped that it definitely means Mother 3 is on the way too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9_xJ_m8IHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayrcVjrIHBk

No 3DS, oddly enough.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it makes sense that the person that created the Earthbound games is like the nicest guy

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
Earthbound: Beginnings is up!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
$7? Earthbound Tax!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

$7? Earthbound Tax!

At least you're not considering buying a Wii U in the near future primarily because it's an Earthbound machine. :negative::

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I paid my $7 Mother 3 tax and I feel dirty. I'm going to wait for some trip reports before starting it up because I heard the NES one was a real slouch.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ghostinmyshell posted:

I paid my $7 Mother 3 tax and I feel dirty. I'm going to wait for some trip reports before starting it up because I heard the NES one was a real slouch.

Right when starting up after leaving the house I ran into an enemy named Wally who killed me in two hits.
Keeping in mind that you'll probably only be level 2 when you leave your house, that's sort of crummy.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Right when starting up after leaving the house I ran into an enemy named Wally who killed me in two hits.
Keeping in mind that you'll probably only be level 2 when you leave your house, that's sort of crummy.

Wally's pretty bad initially (I died with my first fight to him), but after a few fights with snakes and crows, I can take Wally on pretty handily.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Catalina posted:

At least you're not considering buying a Wii U in the near future primarily because it's an Earthbound machine. :negative::

You can pay like $20 bucks and play it on an old PSP alongside Mother 3

Catalina
May 20, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

You can pay like $20 bucks and play it on an old PSP alongside Mother 3

Oh, I know that. I even bought a GBA flash cart when Mother 3 came out! I just like throwing money at developers and publishers when I can. Plus, the Wii U has Splatoon and Mario Kart, so there's that. It's just that the fact that Earthbound and EB: Beginnings are on Wii U are what's really pulling me towards it. I got Earthbound is my favorite game, and I got it as a Christmas present when I was 10, so I'm pretty much unable to be objective or rational about it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

It is. It was a really neat, different game when it came out, and it still has a good soundtrack, but otherwise it's just a really slow, grindy, boring game that I honestly don't recommend playing. Earthbound makes it look like total dogshit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
After years of loving nothing, here's some Fast Racing Neo footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psj1vdNwmhI

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

After years of loving nothing, here's some Fast Racing Neo footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psj1vdNwmhI

Rather short on actual gameplay footage. But it has strong F-Zero/WipEout-vibes. Kinda want.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, here are some Wii U "Nindies" "at" "home"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0LoW6cJmQ

Demos for 9 games are going live today and will be available until June 22, and for every demo you download, you'll get a 15% launch discount on that game when it comes out. Games are as follows:

Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge (Renegade Kid)
RIVE (Two Tribes)
Soul Axiom (Wales Interactive)
Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail)
Typoman (Brainseed Factory / HeadUp Games)
forma.8 (MixedBag Srl)
Lovely Planet (QUICKTEQUILA / tinyWorld Games)
Extreme Exorcism (Golden Ruby Games / Ripstone)
Runbow (13AM Games)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 15, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looks like they're doing it in Europe too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, the NOE presser just went out - same games, same availability window, same discount. It also has some release windows:

Extreme Exorcism - "Q3"
forma.8 - "autumn"
Freedom Planet - "August"
Lovely Planet - "December"
Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge - "summer"
RIVE - "November"
Runbow - "Q3"
Soul Axiom - "Q4"
Typoman - "Q3"

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Owns, buy it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh man, RIVE. I'm pumped for that. It's basically Two Tribes making a modern Blaster Master.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
If they actually release Mother 3 in the West, they pretty much need to call it Earthbound Endings. Or Earthbound Ends.

Oh, and is Giygas still called Giyig in Beginnings, or did they change the name to line up with Earthbound? Does anyone know yet? Or is the game so unimaginably grindy that nobody will find out for days/weeks/months/years/geological epochs?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 15, 2015

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Stink Terios posted:

Owns, buy it.

OH CHRIST it looks like a game from an alternate universe where Sega didn't poo poo themselves with Chaotix and kept making amazing 2d Sonic games.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
If I could only play one Fire Emblem game, which one should it be?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Pick your system of choice: Awakening on 3DS, 7 on Wii U, Path of Radiance if you're willing to emulate.

Artix fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 15, 2015

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Lovely Planet is super great but requires such precision I really wouldn't want to play it with a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Artix posted:

Pick your system of choice: Awakening on 3DS, 7 on Wii U, Path of Radiance if you're willing to emulate.

Cool. I've got all of those options available to me... just no New 3DS for whatever game(s) require that. I haven't played a Fire Emblem game (as Smash obviously doesn't count), and I'd like to do so. I guess I'd lean more toward just buying a 3DS or Wii U game (or an eShop VC game).