Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

quote:

Don't play Warhammer.

The best and most truthful sentence in the entire thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Serves him right for taking a wraithknight.

And grav guns are great against anything with vehicles or saves better than 4+.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

You do know they don't have the license anymore, right? It reverted when THQ died, so while Relic still exists having been bought at auction by Sega, GW did not continue the license, and instead farmed it out for all these different casual games we've seen in the last year, plus the at least promising Space Hulk and BFG games in development.

Relic can't even make Homeworld 3, because that franchise was sold at auction to Gearbox

I was figuring it was still theirs since Sega owns Relic now and has the Warhammer Fantasy license. Sega's publishing that awesome looking Warhammer: Total War game.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Get it right! Every nerd that plays this stupid game has seen read Dune, we get it!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I've got a bunch of old Eldar and Marine models from my FLGS. He's clueless about selling online and I really don't want to Bay eBay fees on forty different lots for him.

There is some really old terminators and marines in the box. If anyone's interested I'll put up an SA Mart thread again.

Also Dystopian Wars boxes.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Pendent (Blood Angels) and I (Demi-Company with First Company Task Force) laid down the law against a putrid Eldar (Hixson) and Blood Angels/Crimson Fists (Stanyer89) team yesterday in a monster 2v2, finishing 9v2 against a despicable pair of lists featuring a squad of Wraithguard, a Wraithknight, and 5 fliers. The end of the game was like the end of a Dota match, finger pointing and accusations of being the anchor on the team dragging them to a watery grave. The Wraithknight went down on the first turn to a brutal combo of Sternguard and Bikes with grav-guns, which immediately elicited a, "nice list tailoring," from Hixson :salt:. Don't play Warhammer.

Favorite part of the game was your 5 tac marines vs my 5 scout marines in close combat for 4 turns and then killing each other on turn 5.

Pretty much summed up the game.

TKIY posted:

I've got a bunch of old Eldar and Marine models from my FLGS. He's clueless about selling online and I really don't want to Bay eBay fees on forty different lots for him.

There is some really old terminators and marines in the box. If anyone's interested I'll put up an SA Mart thread again.

3300 for the lot?

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 14, 2015

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

3300 for the lot?

Hooray! I'll just post then.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Progress on my bikes. Warlock is not done yet, and the roses still need to be added and then a coat or two of matte varnish applied. The lines may look a little uneven in a few of the photos but that's just hte bike contours and the contrast of the white - in reality they're pretty straight. The Farseer and Warlock hoods are all white because I plan on a lot of roses/vines there.

For the record, I loving hate the new flying stands.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Those are some pretty pimpin' bikes from the best craftworld.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Got a couple of games in yesterday, which was fun because I'm real fuckin' bad at Warhammer.

First game was TheChirurgeon's Iron Warriors against ShadowDaishi's Space Wolfs.

Initial deployment. Spoiler alert, that loving defiler managed to shrug off every heavy weapon hit, all day. gently caress that thing.

Fuckin' get rekt:

This was cool, at least:

I have no idea what happened this game, but it felt like Space Wolves just kept getting killed and Chaos Mans just like, didn't. I don't know what the final tally was, but I know it was fairly crushing.

Game two, my Dark Angels against the same Iron Warriors. This nicely sums it up:

In all honesty it ended up being a real close game, but due to being completely unable to hurt the loving defiler, and just in general I had a bad list. Terminators are bad, and while I feel like I made the right choice driving all my poo poo right up into his grill as soon as possible, I drove all my trucks too close together, and ran out of room to put stuff, and my poo poo kept getting in it's own way. In the end half the army stood there like assholes and got blown up anyway. Still, they did a fair bit of murdering, and I got lucky on some of the Maelstrom cards, so I wasn't completely hosed.

The end of the game I had one bike left, that I turbo-boosted into his deployment zone to get linebreaker, and he had a heldrake, that had roasted my entire devastator squad in one shot (which was a useless unit anyway, since all they did was not hurt the defiler). I gave up at the end of turn 5, because it was already a 9-8 loss for me and I was gonna get tabled if we kept it up, so gently caress it, who cares.

More pictures here. We did some more terrain painting on and off throughout the day, that table is really starting to come together.

Those were some fun games! I had ridiculous luck with my Defiler and ended up totally steamrolling you guys, which owned. I was certain I was going to lose that game until the very end, when I got lucky with a card draw. That loving Heldrake didn't show up until turn 4 and when your tac squad pulped my commander (despite him having an extra wound thanks to the challenge he won), I didn't think I'd be able to catch up. Fortunately, the big guy downstairs did me a solid and I was able to win at mans.

Also, I took some lovely phone pics of the second game!

Deployment:

ANAmal's tactical approach:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Those are really nice looking models and terrain. I also love the warpstone objective marker. Can you post more pictures of the objective markers you guys have?

I did those a while back. I need to do three more, but I need to cobble together some better bitz for them.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So many welcome changes in this SM CODEX. Calgar now hits at initiative, and Sicarius got a 10 point drop, Tigurius still stupid awesome.

Vanguard vets, still useless.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
actually they are p good they got cheap power weapons

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Uroboros posted:

So many welcome changes in this SM CODEX. Calgar now hits at initiative, and Sicarius got a 10 point drop, Tigurius still stupid awesome.

Vanguard vets, still useless.

Wait what? Do you know what forum/thread this is? How DARE you say positive things about a GW codex release!

I agree that the changes done to C:SM were fair and even across the board. Now some of the formations are obvious money grabs but are pretty neat and gimmicky. The Skyhammer Annihilation Force gives me wet dreamz.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Poor Logan Grimnar, stuck at I 1.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Stanyer89 posted:

Wait what? Do you know what forum/thread this is? How DARE you say positive things about a GW codex release!

I agree that the changes done to C:SM were fair and even across the board. Now some of the formations are obvious money grabs but are pretty neat and gimmicky. The Skyhammer Annihilation Force gives me wet dreamz.

My brother is a huge fan of The Imperial/Crimson Fists and was happy as a clam with the tweaking of the tactics and Pedro Kantor. I use his army from time to time and I'm looking forward to trying some of the new formations. I also like that all the Forgeworld chapter tactics don't need to be redone as their are some cool and fluffy stuff and characters in there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheChirurgeon posted:

I did those a while back. I need to do three more, but I need to cobble together some better bitz for them.

Make one of the new ones a case of fancy space booze

"Objective completed. Let's party!"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just hope that the rest of the other factions get crazy overhauls that give them all the D. You can't be overpowered when everyone else is overpowered too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

When did IG change names? Are they still terrible?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Imperial Guard are the poo poo.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
The Imperial Guard is objectively The Best army in warhammer forty-thousand.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Pendent (Blood Angels) and I (Demi-Company with First Company Task Force) laid down the law against a putrid Eldar (Hixson) and Blood Angels/Crimson Fists (Stanyer89) team yesterday in a monster 2v2, finishing 9v2 against a despicable pair of lists featuring a squad of Wraithguard, a Wraithknight, and 5 fliers. The end of the game was like the end of a Dota match, finger pointing and accusations of being the anchor on the team dragging them to a watery grave. The Wraithknight went down on the first turn to a brutal combo of Sternguard and Bikes with grav-guns, which immediately elicited a, "nice list tailoring," from Hixson :salt:. Don't play Warhammer.

Like with any healthy relationship, I miss you, your steady verbal abuse, and liberal application of the space jam soundtrack. I fondly recount my numerous rear end kickings to others, which I describe as "thorough" and "unrelenting"

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cakefool posted:

When did IG change names? Are they still terrible?

They changed in their codex last year, but it still refers to them as Imperial Guard a lot. And IG haven't been terrible since before their 4th edition codex.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Calgar lost his sweet choose to pass/fail leadership tests special rule, but he has his terminator armor with the beacon and that allows sweeping advances. Bring him along with a Demi-company and you are looking at 3 turns of refolls for your guys, not to shabby.

Question, chapter tactics still don't apply to vehicles, right? It says they apply to all models, but vehicles still don't have chapter tactics as a special rule. I assume Iron Hands are the only exception since their rules specifically mention vehicles, is my reading correct?

Also, Telion and Chronos also got an extra wound, which is nice. Really thinking about bringing a Demi-company and 10th force to my next tournament.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Boon, your stuff is aces. You and Buffalo are the greatest hams imo.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I was pretty suprised by how quickly the Wraithguard went down to my own combi-gravs. Eldar are strong but they don't feel nearly as broken as it had looked like when the codex first released. Honestly the nastiest thing was probably the huge number of eldritch storms Hixson was throwing around.

I will also note that my own Stormraven has continued it's long history of failing to kill anything worth mentioning. It generally gets the passengers into assault range so I guess I can't complain too much regardless of how frustrating it is.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pendent posted:

I will also note that my own Stormraven has continued it's long history of failing to kill anything worth mentioning. It generally gets the passengers into assault range so I guess I can't complain too much regardless of how frustrating it is.

The stormraven seems like a landraider: good transport but not great shooting for the points. The stormtalon seems like the predator version as it puts out more firepower per point.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

NTRabbit posted:

You do know they don't have the license anymore, right? It reverted when THQ died, so while Relic still exists having been bought at auction by Sega, GW did not continue the license, and instead farmed it out for all these different casual games we've seen in the last year, plus the at least promising Space Hulk and BFG games in development.

Relic can't even make Homeworld 3, because that franchise was sold at auction to Gearbox

Actually the mew Space Hulk look amazing as hell and made a bunch of nerds flip out about rap or something.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Uroboros posted:

Calgar lost his sweet choose to pass/fail leadership tests special rule, but he has his terminator armor with the beacon and that allows sweeping advances. Bring him along with a Demi-company and you are looking at 3 turns of refolls for your guys, not to shabby.

Question, chapter tactics still don't apply to vehicles, right? It says they apply to all models, but vehicles still don't have chapter tactics as a special rule. I assume Iron Hands are the only exception since their rules specifically mention vehicles, is my reading correct?

Also, Telion and Chronos also got an extra wound, which is nice. Really thinking about bringing a Demi-company and 10th force to my next tournament.

Dreadnoughts have Chapter Tactics

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

raverrn posted:

Actually the mew Space Hulk look amazing as hell and made a bunch of nerds flip out about rap or something.

Man, the complaints about "omg the trailer music should be gothic edgey choir :mad:" was great. I mean, this song fits so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

muggins posted:

Dreadnoughts have Chapter Tactics

Boy howdy if dreads in 30k had legion rules :fap:

New house rule

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

ijyt posted:

Man, the complaints about "omg the trailer music should be gothic edgey choir :mad:" was great. I mean, this song fits so well.

This is one of my favorite trailers ever. The pacing, the music, the sad feeling you get as you see Terminators going down. Putting the tone as a heroic last stand in a western fits so perfect. How many clips of 40k honestly both impress and make you feel sad for the characters at the same time.

Counterpoint is the exact same game in another trailor with generic 40k music that makes the whole thing "MEH"

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

DJ Dizzy posted:

Anyone know the width of a Baneblade? I'm planning an apocalypse game set entirely in cityfight terrain.

Between 7 and 8 inches depending on sponson armament and position l.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Borris posted:

This is one of my favorite trailers ever. The pacing, the music, the sad feeling you get as you see Terminators going down. Putting the tone as a heroic last stand in a western fits so perfect. How many clips of 40k honestly both impress and make you feel sad for the characters at the same time.

Counterpoint is the exact same game in another trailor with generic 40k music that makes the whole thing "MEH"

Exactly, that song fits 40k more than all the speed metal and orchestra music combined.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Seriously, its the first game thats gotten me hyped since space marine, gently caress the haters thats a good piece to set the trailer to.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DJ Dizzy posted:

Those are some pretty pimpin' bikes from the best craftworld.

Ignite Memories posted:

Boon, your stuff is aces. You and Buffalo are the greatest hams imo.

Thanks guys :hfive:

Pendent posted:

I was pretty suprised by how quickly the Wraithguard went down to my own combi-gravs. Eldar are strong but they don't feel nearly as broken as it had looked like when the codex first released. Honestly the nastiest thing was probably the huge number of eldritch storms Hixson was throwing around.

I've said that since the codex first came out. Theyre frail without the vehicles and Wraithknights to be their bulwark.

Boon fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 15, 2015

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Post is up here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725999

There is a lot of RT era SM stuff. Scouts, Marines, Termies. Did my best to price everything but if something is priced stupidly just yell at me.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

LordAba posted:

The stormraven seems like a landraider: good transport but not great shooting for the points. The stormtalon seems like the predator version as it puts out more firepower per point.

This is why I have x3 of both...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

ijyt posted:

That is a loving awesome trailer. Man. I am so hyped.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I just got my copy of the new marine dex and had a quick skim. I haven't been following the rumours but it doesn't seem like they've changed or added all that much... just minor tweaks all over and a bunch of detachments. $90AU well spent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cataphract posted:

So I just got my copy of the new marine dex and had a quick skim. I haven't been following the rumours but it doesn't seem like they've changed or added all that much... just minor tweaks all over and a bunch of detachments. $90AU well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yeah if I had bought the previous codex I'd have been mad. I haven't so I'll get to be mad next year after I buy this one.

• Locked thread