Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Have Iris discover Jesse Quick's formula and get lovely Flash powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I dont know posted:

My favorite tweet is "We would love to see Iris with an army of female friends." Which makes me imagine a retooled show about a group of single career women living in Central City with the Flash being a background element in his own show. Again it's a successful show with a large audience, and the people who post here are not necessarily representative in terms of what different fans want from the show.

Sex and the Central City

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bruceski posted:

Sex and the Central City

Iris, Linda, and Caitlin talk about all superhero rear end they get over cosmos

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I had a thought about where they could go in Season 2 that at least on paper, sounds amazing.

As a result of spinning around the black hole, Barry wakes up in a parallel universe. This parallel universe would feature Killer Frost, Vibe, Jay Garrick (who seems to fit the bill for that most recent casting call), and most of the cast from season 1 as their alternative selves. Barry would stumble through this alternate reality for at least a few episodes, being the only person who has knowledge of the events of Season 1. Eobard could be there too, either as a stranded counterpart to Barry, just as in Flashpoint, or more sensibly, a version of the character that also became stranded in the present due to separate time travel hijinks with another Flash archetype. This overall setting would open the door for a number of new, compelling villains of the week and would separate, at least temporarily, the events of The Flash from Arrow. Perhaps the show would occasionally swap back to the Season 1 timeline, where the regular cast is trying to make sense of the effects of the black hole and figure out a way to bring Barry back.

Hell, the writers can even use this new "Felicity" character, who exists only in this parallel universe, to create the requisite lame two bit drama by having Barry face the dilemma of "Wow, do I really go home or do I stay with this TOTALLY SWEET HOT POLICE GIRL." Of course, the deck is stacked towards the former, given the pressure of future crossover events involving Barry on Arrow and Legends. And you know, the whole fact that he chose his friends and family in the Season 1 timeline over saving his mother. But that rear end.

This would make for a very headache inducing time travel tangled web of a plotline, but it has the potential to be a compelling setting for Season 2 by capturing some of that mystique and presenting some of the same general "WTF" moments of the first season's time travel plot.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
So, yeah, Fringe.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Duke Chin posted:

So, yeah, Fringe.

Cis-copy
Faux West

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Duke Chin posted:

So, yeah, Fringe.

No, Flash season 2 would be good. :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
They need to find a way to get John Noble up in season 2

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

WarLocke posted:

The Flash vs. Unicron.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

WarLocke posted:

"With Wells gone I found another scientist willing to help manage this place. Meet Doctor Walter Bishop."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bruceski posted:

"With Wells gone I found another scientist willing to help manage this place. Meet Doctor Walter Bishop."

I know it's impossible, but I really wish this would happen.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

WarLocke posted:

for - loving - real

Good God drat that would punch an already good show up even higher :allears:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Bruceski posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Walter could make something that would get Barry drunk. At a minimum.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
So would he constantly mispronounce Caitlyn's name, or Cisco's?

"COSTCO! Bring me my red vines."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Red Queen posted:

So would he constantly mispronounce Caitlyn's name, or Cisco's?

"COSTCO! Bring me my red vines."

Have him keep referring to Caitlyn as Bruce.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bruceski posted:

You know Walter and Cisco would bond over twizzlers red vines

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

While I agree with the idea that she should have more, I don't really want to see Iris' journalism adventures or anything she does that's not related to Flash superheroics.

Don't just expand her role, make her relevant.

Iris and Cisco start an underground kickboxing rivalry and fight to the pain to see who gets to name Flash's villains.

Most of their time in S2 is just training montage and snarky banter between each other. Cisco eats too many hamburgers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Introducing Flash's greatest villain: Clownbaby.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I would quite like for the police department someday to admit to all the weird poo poo publicly in a press conference that just goes like this:

"We are aware that a series of unusual occurrences have happened lately but we are afraid that there is no logical explanation. When the particle accelerator blew... poo poo got really crazy really fast. We are afraid, as you may have noticed, that the laws of physics no longer apply."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

BioEnchanted posted:

I would quite like for the police department someday to admit to all the weird poo poo publicly in a press conference that just goes like this:

"We are aware that a series of unusual occurrences have happened lately but we are afraid that there is no logical explanation. When the particle accelerator blew... poo poo got really crazy really fast. We are afraid, as you may have noticed, that the laws of physics no longer apply."

"Fortunately, Dr Ramon and his colleagues have been helping us stretch the long arm of the law to chase down these rogue elements. We intend to punish them to the fullest extent of the laws of physics".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tsob posted:

"Fortunately, Dr Ramon and his colleagues have been helping us stretch the long arm of the law to chase down these rogue elements. We intend to punish them to the fullest extent of the laws of physics".

Had a opportunity for "Mr. O'Brian" there and passed it up. For shame.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Chokes McGee posted:

Had a opportunity for "Mr. Dibny" there and passed it up. For shame.

Bonus. Jean Loring already exists in this universe.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

WarLocke posted:

He's been poached for a time as Holmes Senior in Elementary.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

spookygonk posted:

He's been poached for a time as Holmes Senior in Elementary.

gently caress now I gotta watch another show

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

WarLocke posted:

gently caress now I gotta watch another show
It's surprisingly good, you really should check it out. John Noble is going to be so good.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Insanity Prawn posted:

John Noble is going to be so good.

Truer words have never been spoken

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He's pretty much the single reason I am thinking of grabbing the new batman game.

Dude's a fantastic voice actor, and was the best part of Sleepy Hollow.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
He was good in L.A. Noire too. (Then again all the actors were pretty good in that I felt)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Duke Chin posted:

for - loving - real

Good God drat that would punch an already good show up even higher :allears:

By higher do you mean quality or the cast? Barry on LSD.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Insanity Prawn posted:

It's surprisingly good, you really should check it out. John Noble is going to be so good.

So I watched the first episode of Elementary and it's really good. Spergin rear end in a top hat Holmes best Holmes :3:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

WarLocke posted:

So I watched the first episode of Elementary and it's really good. Spergin rear end in a top hat Holmes best Holmes :3:

The whole thing is really good!. Unlike most Holmes shows this one ends up with a lot of character growth over the seasons so far. (Also has the best support characters, although maaaaaybe not quite on par with Bear. But close.)

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Best handled Male/Female pair on TV.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

LorneReams posted:

Best handled Male/Female pair on TV.

I've only watched the first two episodes but the Holmes/Watson dynamic is already great. The bit at the end when he started playing the violin again was so good.

Sorry Flash thread for cheating on you in your own thread. :(

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Hey, I'm just glad you guys aren't talking about Arrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Season 2 news!

Joe gets a new partner who might be Barry's new romantic interest
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/17/the-flash-meet-detective-joe-wests-new-partner/

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So that would mean that Barry's new love interest is basically a re-tread of Iris and Eddie from early season one, with her dating her Dad's partner and it causing conflict with him and Barry, only reversed. So now it'd be Barry dating his Dad's partner and it causing conflict with Joe and Iris. That is...incredibly lazy if it turns out right. Especially considering that a lot of the Barry/Iris/Eddie romance already mirrors stuff from Arrow season one.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Box sets for Flash S1 announced http://comicbook.com/2015/06/17/flash-season-one-arrow-season-three-box-sets-announced/

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I wonder how extensive the Flash deleted scenes will be... they said that originally the finale had an hour and a half of stuff, that got cut down to a normal-length episode.

(I had also hoped that they might include an optional extra-long finale episode, rather than just deleted scenes. But I guess that opens up a can of worms as to what is the official canon for what really happened.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

I was looking for jigsaw puzzles to get as a gift, and saw "Wentworth" recommended as a brand. Can you see where this is going?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U5OV1JA/

Is it safe to smolder that hard in a puzzle made out of cardboard?

• Locked thread