Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I didn't even like Jon snow but kind of retarded to kill him off. Desperate move by the writers IMO
That's part of the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

ironlung posted:

So stupid.

This show dumb as hell.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Welp that was the worst GoT finale by far.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The only good thing is that I can cancel HBO until next April.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

oswald ownenstein posted:

Welp that was the worst GoT finale by far.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I want to see the conversation where a fifty-five year old man invites a twelve year old to an assassination.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp there's pretty much everyone in Westeros maimed or dead then.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
gently caress everything in this gay earth.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4_Fefew78

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Goddamn, just when I was starting to like Jon.

So the question is, does Melisandre save Jon or use his leaking innards to help Stannis... somehow?

vandalism posted:

gently caress everything in this gay earth.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So uhh what exactly was Jon snow's direwolf doing while he was busy getting stabbed

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Stannis Status: no on screen death, not buying it.

For book readers: are there major things that have happened in the books that haven't happened in the show now? Jon was the last spoiler I knew.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

So uhh what exactly was Jon snow's direwolf doing while he was busy getting stabbed

Sniffing butts

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
And with that, you don't have to worry about any spoilers anymore. You can go into the spoiler thread. It's completely past the books. There shouldn't be two threads next year. That was the last thing.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Super Ninja Fish posted:

And with that, you don't have to worry about any spoilers anymore. You can go into the spoiler thread. It's completely past the books. There shouldn't be two threads next year. That was the last thing.

This is not true.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Protecting Sam, duh.

I mean, he already had his once-per-season appearance. Can't risk showing him twice.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eight-Six posted:

Goddamn, just when I was starting to like Jon.

So the question is, does Melisandre save Jon or use his leaking innards to help Stannis... somehow?

Of course she'll save Jon. Without him there's no real narrative connection to the story at the wall.

And I don't think she killed Stannis. Go back to season 3 episode 5 where Jamie was talking to her about being able to do your duty when it's easy. I don't think Stannis' "do your duty" line was in there without a reason.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Maybe. What if the next book comes out before then? :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guess I'm team Bolton now also gently caress everything?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

feedmyleg posted:

For book readers: are there major things that have happened in the books that haven't happened in the show now? Jon was the last spoiler I knew.

There's a ton of stuff that has been cut - entire storylines and significant characters. As far as the show's storylines, virtually all of them (except Jaime and arguably Brienne) have caught up to or surpassed the books.

E: I forgot about the epilogue to ADWD. Not sure if they'll include it at some point or not.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

feedmyleg posted:

Yes. The above is wrong, there is still a lot of potential for book spoilers to happen in the show.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Usually I wanna go back and watch an episode again but not this one :negative:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

feedmyleg posted:

Bran collects all 7 dragon balls and wishes back Jon, Rob and their mom.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Well that was a loving bummer.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
As soon as the credits started to roll, all I could hear in my head was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

quote:

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?

This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've always been team Bolton. :getin:

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
This show is good.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, actors have never lied for the sake of keeping a surprise.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

One good thing happened and thats Theon, knowing this show though they'll be immediately recaptured and brutally raped and tortured/maimed.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

MrBims posted:

Yes. The above is wrong, there is still a lot of potential for book spoilers to happen in the show.

Please shut the gently caress up you whiney bitch

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lol my wife is pissed. I think she's done with the show.

A Game of Audience Torture

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hexel posted:

One good thing happened and thats Theon, knowing this show though they'll be immediately recaptured and brutally raped and tortured/maimed.

He probably used himself as a landing cushion for her.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I don't think it was a bad episode, it was just horribly unsatisfying for a finale - it feels like we're supposed to get the real finale after all this setup.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Hexel posted:

I was under the impression they both died. Splat.

e: Go go team Sam.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

ProfessorBooty posted:

I was under the impression they both died. Splat.

e: Go go team Sam.

No on screen death = 50/50 chance they're alive.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Eeeh. Not the best finale. Even if some or all deaths shown were fakeouts, they kinda sucked out the fun out of most Westeros storylines. I do look forward to Tyrion's gang running Mereen, but I'm not sure if I'll manage to stick with next season unless they introduce like, three new Oberyns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011
:stoke: when it comes to trolling the viewers

• Locked thread