Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Can't name one dog I don't like

Hate all cats

#teamdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

quote:

Here is CBuoy, the mascot of Coast Guard Station Destin, Florida. They let us know that:
"Our station mascot is a AKC registered yellow lab named CBUOY but everyone calls him buoy. He was donated to the station as a puppy in June of 2002. He's a pretty famous dog in the local community, he's been in the paper several times. He had a torn ACL when he was a year old and the community started donating money and toys to him. At the current time he has his own morale checking account which is all donated funds from the community. We regularly conduct tours of the station for different children's groups and one of the things they love to see most is buoy jumping in the water to rescue Oscar. Buoy stays up with communication watch stander and provides security by making rounds of the station hourly."

Cats are OK but #teamdogge for life

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm sorry, but the catte thread is the best thread. This is an undeniable fact.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TTBF posted:

Unfortunately I've got some weird thing where vinegar is the worst smelling thing I've ever encountered. So mustard on a hot dog is straight out. Ketchup without a vinegar smell is what I've got to deal with. Although really the debate is between Hot Dogs and Chili Dogs.

What the gently caress debate is there, Chili Dogs no question.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kaethela posted:

That catte thread has about 78 posts/day, meanwhile the dogge thread has about 9 post/day.

Conclusion dogge people are cool and actually have a life outside their cats.

quote:

Sinbad, the Coast Guard's most famous mascot. He was adopted by a crewman from the cutter Campbell prior to World War II. He was so beloved by the crew that they actually enlisted him in the Coast Guard. Sinbad served faithfully through thick and thin, surviving combat with the Germans and Japanese, causing a few international incidents with his antics, and even having a book written about him! Here he is at his battle station on board the Campbell, ready to take aim at a German U-boat!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
ya cool let me just link a bunch of dogs that were literally force trained to do all this and then lord about how cool dogs are. Cats didn't need domestication and were even considered holy and gods back in the day, probably still are, but what do I know, lets go back to talking about slave dogs :rolleyes:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cats poo poo in a foul smelling box and give you brain parasites.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

TubeStank posted:

Cats poo poo in a foul smelling box and give you brain parasites.

Rather in a box than on my rug.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
dogs are good and cats are not its weird that its even up for debate

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Kaethela posted:

dont post the cat thread in grey forums

pette all cattes

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

AfroGunsou posted:

dogs are good and cats are not its weird that its even up for debate

Some people like to mess with other people, knowing that they're wrong.
We call these people Trolls. Cat people are a subspecies of Troll.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dizz posted:

Rather in a box than on my rug.

If you can't train your dog to go to the bathroom outside then either you're pretty dumb

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
cats are indeed griefers, kept knockin into my game-playin-hands earlier while i was in ranked, i was all I"M ON UR TEAM DUDE

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Cat people want a creature that's sort of there but all that they have to do is refill their food and clean out their litter box. Cats could be replaced by fish and there would be only a little difference in the owner's lifestyle

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

TubeStank posted:

If you can't train your dog to go to the bathroom outside then either you're pretty dumb

I'd rather not abuse an animal.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dizz posted:

ya cool let me just link a bunch of dogs that were literally force trained to do all this and then lord about how cool dogs are. Cats didn't need domestication and were even considered holy and gods back in the day, probably still are, but what do I know, lets go back to talking about slave dogs :rolleyes:

LMAO dogs actually enjoy what they do and they reciprocate out feelings to them. Cats on the other hand see us more like big dumb hairless cats and treat us like that. I am just gunning for #teamdogge and I also kinda like cats! But since you are being an inmature spergy goon let me help you with your stupid arguments by taking it to its logical godwin solution

Blondi belonged to Hitler, therefore all dogges are Nazis

#heildogge

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dizz posted:

Lmao whaaaat

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Dizz posted:

oh my loving god

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Many cats are awesome but every dog that isn't instantly violent is awesome and perfect.

Team dog, not even a question.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I feel like people are taking these Team Dog/Cat posts seriously when the lot of them are jokes

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Dizz posted:

Man I really hope this is ironic

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

look at that kid. he's dressed liked an inkling girl

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Dizz posted:

Just because you had to get slapped around to know not to poo poo on the rug doesn't mean dogs need the same treatment.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hmm a constantly miserable animal vs one that enjoys it's life tough choice. Also let's not forget that dogs owned Jon Arbuckle because he drank dog cum

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Since people are getting a little nippy about the fact that cattes are good but sadly not as good as dogges here is a picture of a marine feeting a very small catte.

quote:

"Accepting her fate as an orphan of war, 'Miss Hap' a two-week old Korean kitten chows down on canned milk, piped to her by medicine dropper with the help of Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor ... The Marine adopted the kitten after its mother was killed by a mortar barrage near Bunker Hill. The name, Miss Hap, Sergeant Praytor explained, was given to the kitten 'because she was born at the wrong place at the wrong time'." Korea, ca 1953

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
as someone who own dogs and a cat, I been on the fence, but a year ago my cat snickers passed away after 15 long years, i remember accidently hurting him and i was crying in bed over it and he came to lay next to me. miss my good ol puddy cat and i am fighting for team cat in his honer.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

quote:

The Marine adopted the kitten after its mother was killed by a mortar barrage

:catstare:

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Cyron posted:

as someone who own dogs and a cat, I been on the fence, but a year ago my cat snickers passed away after 15 long years, i remember accidently hurting him and i was crying in bed over it and he came to lay next to me. miss my good ol puddy cat and i am fighting for team cat in his honer.

all cats go to heaven

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

I feel like people are taking these Team Dog/Cat posts seriously when the lot of them are jokes

You think so?

Poultron posted:

Man I really hope this is ironic

Motherfucker posted:

oh my loving god

TubeStank posted:

Lmao whaaaat

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

http://cutiekaboom.tumblr.com

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

That one is very cute.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dizz posted:

You think so?

if that was a joke it was bad and not funny

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cyron posted:

This is a good reason to join team catte and i feel sorry for your loss. I am still not going to give you and any member of team catte any quarter and I hope you reciprocate.

First picture was taken on the atlantic coast, onboard a ship, during WWII. Second one was in Korea, on land and during Korean war. Please dont slander dogges and only post real cool facts about cattes.

quote:

Turk is a full blooded Golden Retriever and has been with Coast Guard Station Elizabeth City since 1996. So far he has achieved the rank of BMC (Chief Boatswain's Mate -- he's a Chief Petty Officer, one of the highest enlisted ranks!). Turk is considered to be a vital part of the crew at the station. He is taken care of through a military veterinarian, as well as the crew. His favorite past times are sleeping, playing with his Cong toy, chasing birds, and swimming.
Here is BMC Turk standing watch.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
when someone says they're team cat but u workin on ur anger problems

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Remember that series of Garfield comics where everyone moved out and left him there because everyone loving hates Garfield

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
You guys, stop fighting! Can't you see, cats, dogs, it doesn't matter! It's about the ink!

This Splatfest is tearing us apart

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Good, I want no part in a heathenous campaign like Team Cat. Belittling the community, tearing the fabric that built it to shred, only to be recycled into class 7 plastic water bottles. Death to not only Team Cat, but death to the belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

You guys, stop fighting! Can't you see, cats, dogs, it doesn't matter! It's about the ink!

This Splatfest is tearing us apart

Yeah, blue ink looks better.

• Locked thread