Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Kirios posted:

You do realized paid mods are coming out for this game right? Enjoy paying 200 dollars for your mods.

People are saying Valve asked Bethesda to be part of paid mods, not the other way around. Bethesda made the mistake of thinking Valve can work with a 3rd party without loving it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

The bad part of Fallout 4 having this awesome wasteland building component is that I'll never be able to keep myself from picking up every piece of garbage I find.

I need 1000 coffee mugs to complete my retro 50s bar.

It'll be like picking all the flowers and grabbing bugs and sardines in Skyrim, but with actual garbage, it's gonna be great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
All I have to do is place this last piece and my full scale replica of early 20th century Paris will be complete!

*accidentally bumps a piece causing everything to shoot into low orbit, killing the dog with physics in the process*

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Saint Freak posted:

All I have to do is place this last piece and my full scale replica of early 20th century Paris will be complete!

*accidentally bumps a piece causing everything to shoot into low orbit, killing the dog with physics in the process*

unironically excited for this

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Why is Fallout Shelter not out yet? And also is anyone from the original team up to, say, Q3A still at id? I've never seen this guy and he keeps talking about how they're doing "what they do best" which is ????

None of you are John Carmack, John Romero, Todd Hollenshead etc etc :(

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Where the hell is my "Fallout Shelter" app?

I want it NOW!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Yaos posted:

People are saying Valve asked Bethesda to be part of paid mods, not the other way around. Bethesda made the mistake of thinking Valve can work with a 3rd party without loving it up.

They still agreed to it, so they're not entirely innocent from the whole debacle even if its mostly Valve's fault they thought this would work the way they presented it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

abraxas posted:

Why is Fallout Shelter not out yet? And also is anyone from the original team up to, say, Q3A still at id? I've never seen this guy and he keeps talking about how they're doing "what they do best" which is ????

None of you are John Carmack, John Romero, Todd Hollenshead etc etc :(

I don't think John Carmack was ever that good at making games, just game engines.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Commissar Ken posted:

Adam laughing uncomfortably at 'hit of crack' mention.

The wheezing behind all of his chuckles makes me fear every laugh is going to be his last.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i'm trying to skip back to watch the fallout stuff again but it's just showing me the side of adam sessler's baldy slaphead

send help

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yaos posted:

If there were going to be no paid mods, they would have clearly and explicitly said so. That they tip toed around the issue all but guarantees that they're in.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

*flying can of Nuka Cola somehow activates a distant quest line and getting an NPC stuck on one line of dialogue, requiring the console to move forward*

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

how do I skip back without breaking the stream? does twitch offer this feature? why can 't these massive internet companies do livestreams better than the loving bbc?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Generic Monk posted:

how do I skip back without breaking the stream? does twitch offer this feature?

Click on Bethesda and then Past Broadcasts

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Generic Monk posted:

how do I skip back without breaking the stream? does twitch offer this feature? why can 't these massive internet companies do livestreams better than the loving bbc?

It's already in their past broadcasts: http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/v/6189973

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i watched this doc for some reason the other day, it's kind of interesting. a dose of bullshit, a few nuggets that ring true, and a segment about a kind of depressing guy who goes around on his own taking pictures of moss and the ground

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I think the highlight of E3 so far is Todd fumbling over the delivery of the pipboy app. "Second screen apps are usually gimmicky but this one is... gently caress you it's awesome!"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
iOS only for the Fallout Shelter thing (out on US App Store), Android+iOS for Pipboy. Very cunty.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Krime posted:

Where the hell is my "Fallout Shelter" app?

I want it NOW!

It's up!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I hope Fallout Shelter eventually comes to Android...

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

It's already in their past broadcasts: http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/v/6189973

oh cool. i don't really know how this new-fangled twitch thing works. seems like myfreecams but more boring and with less nudity

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MrLonghair posted:

iOS only for the Fallout Shelter thing (out on US App Store), Android+iOS for Pipboy. Very cunty.

what if my phone doesn't fit in the plastic pip boy

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

al-azad posted:

I think the highlight of E3 so far is Todd fumbling over the delivery of the pipboy app. "Second screen apps are usually gimmicky but this one is... gently caress you it's awesome!"

he basically admitted it was a stupid gimmick but a totally cool one, which i respect.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

lets hang out posted:

you break it down into its components and craft a new one, did you not watch anything that just happened? god

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol at how poo poo fallout 4 is

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

lets hang out posted:

this is a good point, it looked like an iphone 5 in there and it looked preeeeetty snug

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Saint Freak posted:

I already did poo poo like this in Fallout/TES because I'm a big dork. Nothing like putting the finishing touches on my display of helmets only to have them fly off the shelf because I nudged one the wrong way.

Maybe Fallout 4 will let you pick up one of these old glue guns to hold that crap in place.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Oh boy micro transactions and crafting 2 signs of a poo poo dev

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's actually really good.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

yeah for all those popular android tablets burning up the sales charts like..... uhhh......

face it the ipad is realistically the only tablet platform you'd actually want to release an app on

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it looks pretty eh but i will remain open minded.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Man all these people buying right into the fallout 4 hype are going to be so mad when the game releases and it's a buggy mess like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

you are the boring version of taint reaper

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nuebot posted:

Man all these people buying right into the fallout 4 hype are going to be so mad when the game releases and it's a buggy mess like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas...

why does this post need ellipses?...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I haven't been paying attention to the stream are there going to be any gameplay demo in the post show stream?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

mr.capps posted:

why does this post need ellipses?...

left off all the other bethesda games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I will not, because the bugginess is part of the charm of all of those games, which I enjoyed.

• Locked thread