Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm sure Beer Gut will be a nice, chill guy.

Just look at that friendly smile!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Justin_Brett posted:

I hope Fat Beerus is just his brother or something, if all the gods he talked about are different versions of him that'd be boring.

Fat Beerus, Skinny Beerus, Bearded Beerus, Buff Beerus, President of the Universe Beerus, dojyaa~n

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Senzu Beans. Sold Dirt Cheap.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Archenteron posted:

Fat Beerus, Skinny Beerus, Bearded Beerus, Buff Beerus, President of the Universe Beerus, dojyaa~n

Can't wait for the Gohan that has massive daddy issues and ends up a hardcore thug. Imagine Chichi's disappointment.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I will boycott this series if Fat Beerus doesn't get a microbrew pun name.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
He's the lager of the two :v:

Although I'm not sure every universe will have alternate versions of the main cast. The way it's set up sounds like each one is very different. I'd love to see a revised cosmology diagram from Toriyama, too, especially since the whole "universes" thing is a part of my game's backstory.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Metal Plate Knuckles? Everyone knows that's Rimmer Knuckles.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
The new character is actually an alt form - Type 2 Diabeerus.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

My money's on their names being some variation on "Keg" and "Tap" respectively.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If original flavor Beerus is based on Toryiama's sick cat, fat Beerus is what we got once the cat felt better and ate everything.

(Disclaimer: I don't know the current status of Toryiama's cat)

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

bowmore posted:

What if Super is set in-between Gods and F?

There isn't THAT Much time in between, like a year?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is there anything implying such other than that poster? Because, legit girlfriend syndrome gripes aside, I don't think we should take a ton from a dude carrying his girlfriend (wife? Are they married yet? Pan's been born, right?) bridal style besides "Aw look at those cutie pies".

If it's pre-Ressurection F, then no, Pan hasn't been born yet, post RF, yes.

In RF Piccolo watching Pan as a baby, so it's not like it could have happened very long before the movie takes place.

Fuego Fish posted:

He's the lager of the two :v:

Although I'm not sure every universe will have alternate versions of the main cast. The way it's set up sounds like each one is very different. I'd love to see a revised cosmology diagram from Toriyama, too, especially since the whole "universes" thing is a part of my game's backstory.

I liked this way too much.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 15, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You know, I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if Super starts out between BoG and RoF, but leads up to a "director's cut" TV airing of the latter like they did for BoG, after which it's post-RoF.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You know, I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if Super starts out between BoG and RoF, but leads up to a "director's cut" TV airing of the latter like they did for BoG, after which it's post-RoF.

I almost wonder if Resurrection F wasn't just DBS episodes originally that were edited or reworked into a feature film, maybe to help fund the rest of DBS or something.

EDIT: I should mention I'm just stalking about the script here.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 15, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Granted I have seen nothing of Super but there is no way Super's animation is going to be mistaken for RoF's.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Maybe Super will build up to the Super Cyan transformation as well? That way the Saiyans have a new power up to work towards, Super Cyan isn't such an arse-pull with absolutely no build up and Beerus gets to remain relevant for a while longer

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe they'll show Vegeta becoming SSG.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Will Fat Beerus be stronger or weaker? I know you want to say weaker, but Beerus did hint that other universes made worries greater than himself...assuming Obessrus is from another universe.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mraagvpeine posted:

You mean gathering up the same group that powered up Goku and forcing them at ki-blast point to do it to him too? I don't care if that stays off camera..

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
FROM MY SURFACE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If this is legit. Then it's loving awesome.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm going to need more information to make a determination based on what you've provided.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Posted in the wrong thread. Too lazy to edit. :shrug:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Dexo posted:

Posted in the wrong thread. Too lazy to edit. :shrug:

He was bringing in some Minecraft Microsoft E3 posting into here, I think!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

I haven't seen BoG but with my vague understanding shouldn't everyone in that circle have become Gods? Why couldn't they take turns in the middle?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Szmitten posted:

I haven't seen BoG but with my vague understanding shouldn't everyone in that circle have become Gods? Why couldn't they take turns in the middle?

Because they all pooled all their energy into one receptacle Saiyan. Sure there's nothing stopping Vegeta from taking a turn in the middle...but not while Goku was still a God.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drowning Rabbit posted:

There isn't THAT Much time in between, like a year?
Plenty of time for a series

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I know people here want the characters to drive cars and other normal things. How about playing video games?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Ugh. Looks like Toriyama is going the "parallel universes with only slight differences" route. How boring. Calling it now, one of the big bad's is going to be evil Goku.

Meh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Esroc posted:

Ugh. Looks like Toriyama is going the "parallel universes with only slight differences" route. How boring. Calling it now, one of the big bad's is going to be evil Goku.

Meh.

Plot twist: The antagonist is actually good Goku. Our Goku was meant to be the evil one but isn't evil because hit his head.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

I know people here want the characters to drive cars and other normal things. How about playing video games?

Its been done.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Is Hercule flying in that picture? I could see him learning to fly if he really set his mind to it, and had proper training.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

furiouskoala posted:

Is Hercule flying in that picture? I could see him learning to fly if he really set his mind to it, and had proper training.

I hope he learns to fly and shoot a kamehameha or some other type of energy shot, so that someone tries to do to him what he did to Gohan and Goku and accuses him of being a fraud using trickery to fool people now that he's over the hill or something. Even just has someone recalling his claims of trickery if he's really flying now and asking why he was doing it if flying is real.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Caros posted:

Its been done.

He claims to have beaten Goku, yet in the next panel his hands are still actively pushing buttons on the controller.

My god

He must be teabagging.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
gotenks owns

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Captain Oblivious posted:

He claims to have beaten Goku, yet in the next panel his hands are still actively pushing buttons on the controller.

My god

He must be teabagging.

Haven't you ever kept on hitting someone when they're down in a fighting game?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

My god

He must be teabagging.

It's manga, so it's read from right to left.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The bit at the end of this commercial too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb7BGV-CL6o

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Covok posted:

Yeah, you right. He can probably just wail on their rear end, no tri-beam needed. Ginyu? Toast. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if he could defeat most of Freeza's forms. But, it gets muddy since all the recent stuff seems to want to claim that the power jumps weren't as extreme as we may have originally thought.

If you assume that Android 18 could nuke Frieza to death with one blast, which seems legit given she could job Future Trunks really easily and he in turn could oneshot Frieza then Tien's Neo Tri-Beam can kill Frieza's final form in a single hit.

Basically, 18 hits Imperfect Cell with an energy blast at point blank, he tanks the hit, moves back maybe 2 foot and shrugs it off. Given she's got literally infinite energy, there's no reason to believe that isn't the strongest blast she has up her sleeve. The Neo Tri-Beam does a lot more to Cell in that he gets dunked in a pit for ages every time it hits. So yeah, Tien, stronger than Frieza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

JoeGlassJAw posted:

It's manga, so it's read from right to left.

Definitely left to right dude, punchlines come at the end.

• Locked thread