Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And that is World of Darkness down. Really fun, though I was lucky to be put in with a good, friendly group.

Now to wrestle with grinding for poetics, level one of my alt classes (I wanted to take Scholar out for a spin), or, hell, do some crafting.

EDIT: Well, I haven't done Odin yet. I haven't done the Extreme versions of Leviathan, Ramuh, and Shiva either, but those can go straight to hell. Don't really have it in me to do Coil either, too.

EDIT2: One question about the end of WoD:
How did Nero lose the darkness cooties? I was not clear on that.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sheer willpower.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Klades posted:

If you keyboard turn I don't have any words that can be of help to you, you poor tortured soul.

Keyboard turning rules. It frees up a hand so you can do something more productive with your time than yet another Toto-Rak LLDR, such as changing the channel, putting on netflix, or scratching your balls. I always groan in annoyance when Firestarter pops after Bliz3 in WoD or something, because I have transpose bound to my mouse and UGH, I don't really need that tiny amount of extra damage, do I?

I'm running out of keybinds and I'm wondering how I'm going to get everything on my keyboard for Heavensward, but you'll never take my keyboard turning away from me :argh:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT2: One question about the end of WoD:
How did Nero lose the darkness cooties? I was not clear on that.

Nero got cut which let the Cloud of Darkness infect him, when Doga and Une broke the covenant Xande made it weakened her and broke her hold on him.

Also it looked really cool.

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

I resubbed about a little less than a month ago after taking a 6 month break and I'm running out of enthusiasm for the game. I had a lot of fun for the first two weeks picking up crafting and story where I had left them after burning myself out by crafting for like 8 hours a day, but the magic of coming back has definitely worn off now. I think a big part of it is my lack of a social network in the game; I was kicked while unsubbed from my FC because I was friends with some people who left because of drama and it seems like most of the few people I had on my friends list aren't playing anymore. I'd planned to join a friend's FC, but then some drama happened with their leader and I decided that I'd rather not throw my hat in with them. At this point, though, joining another FC seems sort of pointless, since my sub is almost up and given how I'm feeling, I'm probably not going to resub.

I felt pretty hyped about Heavensward a day or so ago when I was reading through some information on it, but the reality of my current relationship with the game means that it'd be stupid to drop $60 if I'm not going to enjoy any of the content.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I might do to reignite my interest in the game? I've still got a decent amount of things I could be doing (I've only leveled one combat class to 50, I've still got crafting and gathering classes I could level, I've only just cleared the 2.3 story content), but none of those sound particularly interesting to me. I can't do any of the harder stuff like ex primals or raids; my internet is pretty bad here, I'm one of the bads, and I'd rather not end up having to be carried through content by others. I really do want to like the game, but it just isn't clicking for me right now.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Just go play something you're having fun with. There's a basically infinite sea of games you could be playing, don't force yourself to try and enjoy something you're not.

And/or join one of the goon guilds because you were stupid for not doing that in the first place.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

Kesshan posted:

I resubbed about a little less than a month ago after taking a 6 month break and I'm running out of enthusiasm for the game. I had a lot of fun for the first two weeks picking up crafting and story where I had left them after burning myself out by crafting for like 8 hours a day, but the magic of coming back has definitely worn off now. I think a big part of it is my lack of a social network in the game; I was kicked while unsubbed from my FC because I was friends with some people who left because of drama and it seems like most of the few people I had on my friends list aren't playing anymore. I'd planned to join a friend's FC, but then some drama happened with their leader and I decided that I'd rather not throw my hat in with them. At this point, though, joining another FC seems sort of pointless, since my sub is almost up and given how I'm feeling, I'm probably not going to resub.

I felt pretty hyped about Heavensward a day or so ago when I was reading through some information on it, but the reality of my current relationship with the game means that it'd be stupid to drop $60 if I'm not going to enjoy any of the content.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I might do to reignite my interest in the game? I've still got a decent amount of things I could be doing (I've only leveled one combat class to 50, I've still got crafting and gathering classes I could level, I've only just cleared the 2.3 story content), but none of those sound particularly interesting to me. I can't do any of the harder stuff like ex primals or raids; my internet is pretty bad here, I'm one of the bads, and I'd rather not end up having to be carried through content by others. I really do want to like the game, but it just isn't clicking for me right now.

If your internet is locking you out of a large part of the content and you don't want to craft, I honestly don't think you'll find a way to enjoy things. Comedy option to come to Excalibur and join a goon fc but I doubt that will make a difference for you.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Doublestep posted:

If you're not going to use the one man airship to fly everywhere you're a peasant.
It's arguably the most stylish mount. Fatty wanting cake is good, but I really like the airship design, a lot.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Minrad posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tza59_heavens_fun

Gameplay video got leaked. Square tore it down off youtube, so here you go.

Looks like it's mostly just flying around? The flying looks damned good, though. Not too fast, not too slow, seems like the right pace of movement.

Is it just me or is the Flying Fat Chocobo kind of tasteless? I mean, it's animated like it's constantly out of breath as you fly it around with cake on a string.

Like, I guess making "it's funny because it's fat lolololo" the joke just seems dated and offensive with the kind of political incorrectness that only eastern devs seem capable of conjuring up. I'm not trying to be a social justice warrior or anything, honestly. I'm usually the last person to blow the whistle on this kind of thing. Guess it just really rubbed me the wrong way after I first used it and flew around on it a bit.

Not even all that fat irl.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

mightygerm posted:

Yeah sure pal. :colbert:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

mightygerm posted:

Is it just me or is the Flying Fat Chocobo kind of tasteless? I mean, it's animated like it's constantly out of breath as you fly it around with cake on a string.

Like, I guess making "it's funny because it's fat lolololo" the joke just seems dated and offensive with the kind of political incorrectness that only eastern devs seem capable of conjuring up. I'm not trying to be a social justice warrior or anything, honestly. I'm usually the last person to blow the whistle on this kind of thing. Guess it just really rubbed me the wrong way after I first used it and flew around on it a bit.

Well, he was originally used as an item bank because he can store massive amounts of goods in his crop, then later gained the ability to be dropped onto unsuspecting enemies' heads. So the old boy hasn't exactly enjoyed the most dignified role in the games.

For my part, I find him too adorable to get annoyed at it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570430&pagenumber=523&perpage=40#post428328158

I'm sorry I'm no fun at all

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

mightygerm posted:

Like, I guess making "it's funny because it's fat lolololo" the joke just seems dated and offensive with the kind of political incorrectness that only eastern devs seem capable of conjuring up.

Fat pets are cute as gently caress, what the hell is wrong with you!?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

:mad:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

Fat pets are cute as gently caress, what the hell is wrong with you!?

yes badly held or sick pets are totally cute as gently caress you loving worthless human garbage

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sorry baby I hope you'll forgive me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

fat chocobo is awesome

KaneTW posted:

yes badly held or sick pets are totally cute as gently caress you loving worthless human garbage

you should go make r/fatpetshate

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I unlocked Snowcloak last night, waited 30m in que and went to bed. Am I going to be able to finish the story before the 24h downtime?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I unlocked Snowcloak last night, waited 30m in que and went to bed. Am I going to be able to finish the story before the 24h downtime?

You're getting there. It should be possible, depending on how much you play.

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

KaneTW posted:

This feels like a great time to advise those wanting to give FFXIV a try for the xpac, not to judge the game, or even the goon guilds by this thread.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
People in this thread, myself including, are multiple times more poo poo than in game. Third Party Tools is all love and helping folks fill the bank with glamors and helping people run Cast without having to pub and feeding each other's Chocobos. And I guess the other two aren't bad either, nerds.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
tpt is the cool kids fc

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Veev posted:

Nero got cut which let the Cloud of Darkness infect him, when Doga and Une broke the covenant Xande made it weakened her and broke her hold on him.

Also it looked really cool.

Edit: eh,never mind, it was a good moment and it is silly to get hung up about it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 15, 2015

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

You should be fine, but don't dawdle if you want it done soon. The remaining Duty Finder things left for you are:

Snowcloak
Shiva HM
Keeper of the Lake
The Chrysalis
Steps of Faith

If you're having trouble with the DF queue, you can always try Party Finder.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I never thought I'd say this about the fc with the house in Mist, but another great thing about Third Party Tools is having the best house.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

petcarcharodon posted:

Legacy/Standard doesn't matter too much. Just rebind strafe to a/d so you hit all your drat autoattacks.

Is this not like one of the first things everyone does when they start a new MMO?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Edit: eh,never mind, it was a good moment and it is silly to get hung up about it.

It's basically just a moment of poignant symbolism: Nero was a man (literally and figuratively) "infested by darkness," but his willingness to put his life on the line to defend Unei and Doga purged that darkness from him. The fact that Final Fantasy games tend to play fast and loose with the rules of how their magic works means that they're able to work symbolism into moments like this pretty effortlessly.

Either way, I'm hoping we'll see more of him. They've done a good bit of build-up with him post-2.0, and his sarcastic wiseacre routine served as a nice contrast to the more milquetoast personalities in the game.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 15, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vermain posted:

It's basically just a moment of poignant symbolism: Nero was a man (literally and figuratively) "infested by darkness," but his willingness to put his life on the line to defend Unei and Doga purged that darkness from him. The fact that Final Fantasy games tend to play fast and loose with the rules of how their magic works means that they're able to work symbolism into moments like this pretty effortlessly.

Either way, I'm hoping we'll see more of him. They've done a good bit of build-up with him post-2.0, and his sarcastic wiseacre routine served as a nice contrast to the more milquetoast personalities in the game.

Hopefully he'll have something to do with the inevitable Kefka's Tower 24-man.

Considering the Gestahl puppy, it's almost a guarantee.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

mightygerm posted:

Like, I guess making "it's funny because it's fat lolololo" the joke just seems dated and offensive with the kind of political incorrectness that only eastern devs seem capable of conjuring up. I'm not trying to be a skeleton warrior or anything, honestly. I'm usually the last person to blow the whistle on this kind of thing. Guess it just really rubbed me the wrong way after I first used it and flew around on it a bit.

Does this mean we're working our way back around to "the MSQ after 50 is too long and needs to be truncated" or talking about themepark mmos in general and comparing them to gw2? I forget where we go in the cycle after this.

Also I'm so glad I got the chrome addon that turns "social justice" into "skeletons" because it makes it way funnier every time.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Does this mean we're working our way back around to "the MSQ after 50 is too long and needs to be truncated" or talking about themepark mmos in general and comparing them to gw2? I forget where we go in the cycle after this.

Also I'm so glad I got the chrome addon that turns "social justice" into "skeletons" because it makes it way funnier every time.

Get ready for the fracture discussion to begin anew in 3.0.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

It'd certainly fit in line with the flying theme, what with having to get in it from the top of the tower.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Fat chocobo mount is actually just a bulking bodybuilding chocobo. Once he goes into a cut cycle you'll see.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Does the new fc have a house? Maybe ill have me and the catwife move over there. Were pretty casual but i plan on tanking and he's gonna heal, so we can help out.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Captainsalami posted:

Does the new fc have a house? Maybe ill have me and the catwife move over there. Were pretty casual but i plan on tanking and he's gonna heal, so we can help out.

mist ward 5 plot 19

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

You should be able to, always ask in FC chat if you're needing help. I and several other members of DGKK at least have literally nothing else to do for the rest of this week and are basically logging on to help people clear the MSQ.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Boogaleeboo posted:

People in this thread, myself including, are multiple times more poo poo than in game. Third Party Tools is all love and helping folks fill the bank with glamors and helping people run Cast without having to pub and feeding each other's Chocobos. And I guess the other two aren't bad either, nerds.

I'd switch but I don't wanna lose my personal room in DGKK's house because I paid a lot for it and can't afford a new one. Otherwise I'd actually like the Mist more. :saddowns:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fister Roboto posted:

I dunno, Gestahl is dead by the time Kefka builds his tower, but he's in fact the main villain when you go to the Floating Continent so....

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Begemot posted:

I dunno, Gestahl is dead by the time Kefka builds his tower, but he's in fact the main villain when you go to the Floating Continent so....
I don't want to fight a puppy.

The clock is ticking and I'm getting excited for all the things they haven't told us about.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mightygerm posted:

Get ready for the fracture discussion to begin anew in 3.0.

There will actually have to be a new discussion about fracture if they're holding true to what they said about skill speed affecting DOT damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bacontotem posted:

Fat chocobo mount is actually just a bulking bodybuilding chocobo. Once he goes into a cut cycle you'll see.

Swolecobo?

• Locked thread