Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Xolve posted:

Real talk, not only did you ditch Fountain (new farming area isn't a bad idea) but you also :commissar:'d Fatal Ascension in the process.

Who doesn't enjoy watching BNI trip all over themselves?

I don't quite understand why FA had to be :commissar:'d instead of just relocated and given half of fade or branch or something like that. Not that it really effects me anyway, and most corps just joined other alliances in the Imperium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Helpimscared posted:

I don't quite understand why FA had to be :commissar:'d instead of just relocated and given half of fade or branch or something like that. Not that it really effects me anyway, and most corps just joined other alliances in the Imperium.

because they fell apart at an alliance level and it wasn't worth propping their corpse up like a scarecrow now that we are collectively trying to consolidate our space.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Can SMA and FCON be the next :commissar:s?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Sixx Spades posted:

You'll what, relearn how to use a cloaking covops and stop being a baby at gatecamps?

And all of a sudden Top Goon will have something to do again

Klyith posted:

Applying jump fatigue to anything is stupid because the fatigue half of Phoebe Jumps is terrible. Greyscale is a terrible designer who literally couldn't understand math despite working in a job that's all about math.

You can see where they were coming from. Jump bridges project power, and even last year they knew that whatever the new sov system was, it was going to tilt much more towards subcaps than massed supercaps. Fatigue-less I think if we still had unlimited use of bridges, we wouldn't have needed to ditch Fountain for fozziesov. (Though actually I'm not sure we really had to ditch Fountain anyways; the results have been quite entertaining so well enough.)

Also at the time Phoebe was coming out, if caps got jump nerfs and bridges didn't a ton of people would have lost their minds. Goondevs etc.

We didn't have to ditch it, but it gives us the option to either farm it (brave, bl, whoever) for content or if they turn into shitlers (they're already shitlers) we just decide to roll it back up again and all of a sudden we have a new war to fight.

Helpimscared posted:

It had been a zombie for a while, with a couple of decent to good FCs and not much else at the alliance level. The other reasoning is that the corps that got picked up by other alliances helped bolster numbers and will make maintaining indices easier.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

We didn't have to ditch it, but it gives us the option to either farm it (brave, bl, whoever) for content or if they turn into shitlers (they're already shitlers) we just decide to roll it back up again and all of a sudden we have a new war to fight.

Exactly. We gotta sow the seeds for next year's Fountain war.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I like how we gave HERO fountain and then BL just steam-rolled over half of it in a week. They made a good move having their staging system in fountain core.

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Helpimscared posted:

I like how we gave HERO fountain and then BL just steam-rolled over half of it in a week. They made a good move having their staging system in fountain core.

It'll still be a content farm and that's the important thing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Helpimscared posted:

The silly thing is BL gets 180 dudes at the very max in fleet, 120 ish lately while HERO has put 1300-1500 dudes in a system before. I guess numbers really isnt > all.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
We should know better than anyone that a small group of skilled pilots with lots of logi can beat a large group of disorganized ones with lovely fleet comps

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered

Sixx Spades posted:

You'll what, relearn how to use a cloaking covops and stop being a baby at gatecamps?

It's important to note that sabre gatecamps are harder to run in a covops now since even combat interdictors can triple bubble to give themselves time to decloak you.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Helpimscared posted:

I swear if CCP fucks with my travel interceptor...
..I'll give them a big ol' pat on the back. Travel covops are already uncatchable enough if you know what you're doing, the game doesn't need something that can literally circumnavigate the entire game universe in 30 minutes with zero risk from anything but a lucky inline smartbomber.

Everyone loves to hate on low-risk skirmish doctrines, but at least those take actual effort and experience to operate, and the risk is actually huge if your opponents bring the right counters.

Borachon posted:

It's important to note that sabre gatecamps are harder to run in a covops now since even combat interdictors can triple bubble to give themselves time to decloak you.
This is true. Counterpoint:

This will put you 45km+ away from the gate in one MWD burst, and goes quite a bit faster than a Sabre. If you get caught flying something like this in anything less than a multi-large-bubble megacamp, you deserved it, or got fantastically unlucky. If there's something that can breeze through a competent gamecamp more easily than this, it needs to be exorcised from the game.

darth cookie posted:

Applying jump fatigue to jump bridges is just so loving stupid. The argument could be made to having it apply to capital ships that use jump bridges but the rest is just dumb.
The Eye of Terror is also kind of dumb, in its own way. I think very low jump fatigue for bridges is a good thing, but it shouldn't affect taking two bridges in 15-20 minutes, it should only start meaningfully accruing after the third bridge trip, and go up from there.

Jump fatigue is actually a great idea that was implemented in pretty much the worst way possible. Like most things in Eve.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

We should know better than anyone that a small group of skilled pilots with lots of logi can beat a large group of disorganized ones with lovely fleet comps

It really comes down to FCs and how well they maintain order in their fleets. Afterall, there's less than 10 really good FC's in all of EVE (that still play anyway).

Putting an average FC up against a really good FC is effectively throwing a house cat in a tiger's cage. Numbers and Force Multipliers can only carry you so far. That being said, even the best FCs can get taken out back and beaten every now and then, luck and planning.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Xolve posted:

It really comes down to FCs and how well they maintain order in their fleets. Afterall, there's less than 10 really good FC's in all of EVE (that still play anyway).

Putting an average FC up against a really good FC is effectively throwing a house cat in a tiger's cage. Numbers and Force Multipliers can only carry you so far. That being said, even the best FCs can get taken out back and beaten every now and then, luck and planning.

Or boat warps nigfleet to a hostile tower...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EVE is dead and gay, Elite is gay but man is the drama is amazing, they added Powerplay a week ago and wow all the reddit shitlers came out of the woodwork. Naming and shaming devs in public and accusing each other of spying on one another, it's really great :getin: (and by great i mean dumb as gently caress but still funny to laugh at)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/39smrp/open_letter_to_guyv_aka_uthetechguyv/

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

orange juche posted:

EVE is dead and gay, Elite is gay but man is the drama is amazing, they added Powerplay a week ago and wow all the reddit shitlers came out of the woodwork. Naming and shaming devs in public and accusing each other of spying on one another, it's really great :getin: (and by great i mean dumb as gently caress but still funny to laugh at)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/39smrp/open_letter_to_guyv_aka_uthetechguyv/

As far as the actual MMO aspect goes, Elite dangerous is poo poo, and can't compete with EVE at all on scale.

E: This reddit drama is great though

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 15, 2015

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

orange juche posted:

It could be worse - it could be drama and intrigue between organizations for a game that doesn't exist yet. :laugh:

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Also BOS making their own alliance :lol:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

orange juche posted:

The best troll in that game is watching all the guys who got taken double down on that game.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Full Metal Boxers posted:

It could be worse - it could be drama and intrigue between organizations for a game that doesn't exist yet. :laugh:

Exhibit A:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Helpimscared posted:

Also BOS making their own alliance :lol:

OSS has existed in one form or another for quite some time and was one of the first places that GSF and BOS worked together back when GSF was starting up in syndicate. Its not that odd that they'd just move back into OSS while figuring out exactly what they're gonna do. vOv

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

OSS has existed in one form or another for quite some time and was one of the first places that GSF and BOS worked together back when GSF was starting up in syndicate. Its not that odd that they'd just move back into OSS while figuring out exactly what they're gonna do. vOv

Didn't know that, spoke too soon I suppose then

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

BOS will probably be fine and i wish them the best. I don't feel like they've earned any ire or mockery just because they got kicked for not going to strat ops. I don't blame them because boat has basically ensured i'll never go on a stratop again as a member of goonwaffe and i definitely sympathize with the sentiment. Forming an alliance isn't the worst thing they can do

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

hemophilia posted:

BOS will probably be fine and i wish them the best. I don't feel like they've earned any ire or mockery just because they got kicked for not going to strat ops. I don't blame them because boat has basically ensured i'll never go on a stratop again as a member of goonwaffe and i definitely sympathize with the sentiment. Forming an alliance isn't the worst thing they can do

Pretty much. My entire Eve experience over the past year or so has been with BOS and Space Violence, I have nothing but the highest respect for them and wish them well.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

hemophilia posted:

They're still doing their thing in Syndicate and it seems to be business as usual for them. Had some issues with someone in Sqwid wanting to grab some things that he had left in FD- and being told that he wouldn't be let through the gate camp, but that's understandable. You can always fly with them if you take part in Groon fleets, so not at all is lost.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Had a great day ganking, gonna share a story while the details on the other story shake out.

Gank a a dude worth 7b in a triple expanded providence.

Freighter and DST loot crew were on the scene, but they were all packages too big to scoop into a DST, and there were too many anti-gankers (~6) sitting on the wreck to safely loot it with a freighter. So how do you loot 500k m3 from a yellow wreck when pre-locked by 6 highsec shitlords? Meta-gaming magic.

http://pastebin.com/7tmbM6uy

tl;dr: Convinced a freighter gank victim I'd give his loot back to him if he came and abandoned the wreck so my freighter pilot could safely scoop it. Then traded three faked courier packages back to him in exchange for a billion isk :getin:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nice work. What a clown.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

hemophilia posted:

Give it a couple of years and they'll be back again.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

hemophilia posted:

(not empty quoting)

I'm just annoyed that we're now neutral to each other. I was hoping that I'd be able to occasionally pop down to the syndicate and fly with them à la groon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hemophilia posted:

I don't blame them because boat has basically ensured i'll never go on a stratop again as a member of goonwaffe and i definitely sympathize with the sentiment.

Given boat basically runs only bombers and has been for like a year you're kind of a baby bitch if you're going to generalize the strat op experience in 2015 based on boat alone.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

Real talk, not only did you ditch Fountain (new farming area isn't a bad idea) but you also :commissar:'d Fatal Ascension in the process.

Who doesn't enjoy watching BNI trip all over themselves?

One way to see it is that Fatal Ascension were :commissar:'d. But if we are truly honest with ourselves, they just and needed a little help to :suicide:. Still makes me sad, I really liked FA, but it was like a horse with a broken leg and needed to be put down.

E: Looks better this way.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 15, 2015

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Dalael posted:

One way to see it is that Fatal Ascension were :commissar:'d. But if we are truly honest with ourselved, they just :suicide: and needed a little help. Still makes me sad, I really liked FA. But it was like a horse with a broken leg and needed to be put down.

:munch:

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I made the mistake of reinstalling EVE on a fresh format last night and resubbing just to check it out. Haven't played in few years. I didn't even know what the hell I was doing and I already want to log back in right after work.

Where are the Goons at these days? I wasn't in the corp before but figure if I stick with it this time I should probably apply and try some nullsec.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
We're readying our *twisting* knives.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shadin posted:

I made the mistake of reinstalling EVE on a fresh format last night and resubbing just to check it out. Haven't played in few years. I didn't even know what the hell I was doing and I already want to log back in right after work.

Where are the Goons at these days? I wasn't in the corp before but figure if I stick with it this time I should probably apply and try some nullsec.

It's all in the first post. We're in Deklein. Probably would be easiest for you to join Karmafleet, an off-shoot of Goonswarm, enjoying the sweet Deklein life. Check it out here https://www.reddit.com/r/karmafleet

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

One way to see it is that Fatal Ascension were :commissar:'d. But if we are truly honest with ourselves, they just and needed a little help to :suicide:. Still makes me sad, I really liked FA, but it was like a horse with a broken leg and needed to be put down.

E: Looks better this way.

FA was a downward spiral ever since Zagdul started abusing the poo poo out of cocaine on a regular basis, and fell face first off a cliff the moment he quit (not that he was really doing any wonders in game or anything, but spiritual leaders and all that).

vyst posted:

Given boat basically runs only bombers and has been for like a year you're kind of a baby bitch if you're going to generalize the strat op experience in 2015 based on boat alone.

Bring plenty of T1 ammo guys!

CashEnsign posted:

Or boat warps nigfleet to a hostile tower...

Boat isn't exactly what I'd call a 'good FC'.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 15, 2015

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Its a real Nightmare.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Otacon posted:

It's all in the first post. We're in Deklein. Probably would be easiest for you to join Karmafleet, an off-shoot of Goonswarm, enjoying the sweet Deklein life. Check it out here https://www.reddit.com/r/karmafleet

Awesome, thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully I don't have to actually use Reddit though. :P

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Xolve posted:

Boat isn't exactly what I'd call a 'good FC'.

Successful Alliances need FC's who can and will lead mind numbingly boring stratop after stratop in order to win wars. Boat's been a reliable core of Goonfleetwaffeswarm's ability to do this, which is why when the Directorate's measure of worth is 'contribution to strategic goals' he's sitting fairly pretty.

Boat starting and then losing the biggest supercap battle in the game at the time because he pressed jump instead of bridge is why he isn't a good FC, but note it was the loving up with strategic assets that got him demoted a peg.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
boat is a bad person because he took out his rage over virtual fishing by getting someone booted from a virtual spaceships game and a in-production never to be released virtual spaceship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alchenar posted:

Successful Alliances need FC's who can and will lead mind numbingly boring stratop after stratop in order to win wars. Boat's been a reliable core of Goonfleetwaffeswarm's ability to do this, which is why when the Directorate's measure of worth is 'contribution to strategic goals' he's sitting fairly pretty.

Boat starting and then losing the biggest supercap battle in the game at the time because he pressed jump instead of bridge is why he isn't a good FC, but note it was the loving up with strategic assets that got him demoted a peg.

actually he is very bad

• Locked thread