Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
very disappointed that "video game" doesn't link to whatever the literal newest video game would have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

daft punk railroad posted:

very disappointed that "video game" doesn't link to whatever the literal newest video game would have been

same, i actually thought it was gonna

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The original included the "Chinese menu" back cover, in which the titles were listed in what might be called a "Chinese Restaurant font."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word#Words_described_as_funny

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

If there were an award for most pretentious, purple prose-ridden, overly-verbose page on Wikipedia, this one would nab the grand prize. There are, undoubtedly, many deus ex machina endings in the show. But it reads more like the author thought "anything that comes from off-screen" counts as deus ex machina.

"Teresa admonishing caution of Mafuyu prior to departing with Sasha is the only warning of an innocuous bathtime session of girl talk becoming the preamble for Ayana showing her true colors as the Magnesium Qwaser as she wields Tomo in an obverse abduction; the ultimate irony of the whole confrontation is that even with her powers energized by Tomo's soma, Sasha successfully turns the tables on Ayana using an iconoclastic strategy in spite of his rage." This is a disaster from beginning to end. Period. The entire thing feels like something out of The Inheritance Cycle, whose author has a seriously abusive relationship with his thesaurus. Pro-tip: Never substitute a word for another based on length. If you have a word that's perfect, but long, use it. If you're using it BECAUSE it's long, throw away your keyboard. This goes for both novels and wiki pages.

All of this is an ironically long-winded way of saying that someone should probably do something about this page. I would, but...well, the series isn't really worth that much effort. And for the record, I'm not attacking anyone personally. Even if it sounds like it. 24.95.247.110 (talk) 22:37, 28 August 2010 (UTC)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i say get personal

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

wikipedia.txt

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh hey it's you again, wb horrible lactation-fetish anime :)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 14, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

quote:

The story chronicles the school lives of Mafuyu Oribe and Tomo Yamanobe at the Japanese Eastern Orthodoxschool St. Mihailov Academy where they have endured persecution and isolation from other students led by the daughter of the current dean Miyuri Tsujidou and her second-in-command Hana Katsuragi. Mafuyu and Tomo's lives take a drastic turn when they nurse the silver-haired Russian-born Alexander "Sasha" Nikolaevich Hell back to health upon encountering him unconscious during their home commute one day. Almost immediately, Sasha begins to repay Mafuyu and Tomo's humanitarianism as he repels their tormentors; however, this does not change Sasha's prologue as a throw-away Qwaser from the Adepts and that the Adepts have no qualms about making an absolute war zone of the Academy in order to acquire the Theotokos of Tsarytsin from Athos who wishes to keep the icon's existence a secret from the world.

oh

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh hey it's you again, wb horrible lactation-fetish anime :)

thought you were joking but

quote:

The series is notable for its violence, fan service, and the use of breast milk as a central plot device.

holy poo poo

e: this whole thing is amazing

quote:

Ekaterina referred to her Maria, Hana, as a Mary Magdalen as a form of abuse in reference to the supposition that the Mary Magdalen in the Bible was a prostitute. She is the only Qwaser who has ever referred to a Maria that way and only during the chapter when she chose Hana as her Maria.

quote:

Whenever a Qwaser is replenishing its soma by breastfeeding from a nubile maiden, the Qwaser is draining away the maiden's life force through the breast milk whose quality and potency can be magnified (or diminished) by the situational emotions of the maiden like how coffee or tea is sometimes modified by adding cream or sugar.

quote:

The Adepts' secondary objective is to accumulate a huge reserve of high-quality soma by kidnapping nubile maidens and torturing them into becoming human storage tanks.

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 14, 2015

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
anime is cheating

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Proops#Film_and_television posted:

He also provided the voice for the Fode, the Galactic Basic speaking half of the two-headed Pod-Race announcer in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, with Scott Capurro providing the voice for the other, Huttese-speaking half, Beed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Proops#Star_Wars posted:

Proops has been involved with the Star Wars franchise as well. He played the role of Fode in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. He would later work with the Expanded Universe, reprising his role as Fode in the video game Star Wars Episode I: Racer and the video game adaptation of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and he guest-starred on two episodes of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars ("The Mandalore Plot" and "Voyage of Temptation") as Tal Merrick. When Proops was in Whose Line Is It Anyway? he occasionally used one of Fode's lines, "I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt."

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Hot Tuna was a line from an "I Love Lucy" episode called "Deep Sea Fishing" -about 8 mins in- 11/19/1956

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

the guy who did the non-english-speaking head didn't know it was going to be non-english speaking while acting; they had him re-do all his lines in adr later, in the different language

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The packaging of the 2007 Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes action figure 5-pack refers to the band's music as "jazz."

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
The main character of the anime and manga Initial D, Takumi Fujiwara, uses his father's AE86 Trueno apex hatchback for racing and making his tofu deliveries. Also in Initial D, Itsuki Takeuchi drives an AE85 Levin, mistaken for an AE86 and Wataru Akiyama drives a turbocharged (later converted to supercharged) AE86 Corolla Levin. Later on in the series, Shinji Inui drives the Notchback coupe version of the AE86 Trueno, but not before the Fake Takumi drives his own AE86 Trueno.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86#In_popular_culture

guess that's not really a surprise

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
not worthless, but needed someplace to post it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_rule

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

not worthless, but needed someplace to post it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_rule

this is great

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time&oldid=261320056

this entire page

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
First of all, you do not understand what is producer. Producer is PR monkey? DO NOT INSULT SHIGERU MIYAMOTO. Most of the credits of the games he took part in are producer, producer is the highest position in game development. PR is a very important thing for games, other than that, the most important role of producer is commanding director. In an interview he said he was half producer and half director. The roles of director and supervisor are similar. The role of supervisor is commanding game staff(not only director) in an indirect way, and no game designers are credited as director and supervisor because one man can never be director and supervisor at the same time, and if he had been the director, the credit would have been so, but the credit shows he was producer and supervisor. Miyamoto was the producer of many games, so he had a few time and was not able to do hands-on work enough. Anyway, official credit is the most reliable source and do not insult his job as producer and supervisor. The credit of producer and supervisor is a sign of high status.--Eisai Dekisugi (talk) 07:18, 15 September 2008 (UTC)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prefect posted:

EDGE TO EDGE

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The film was released on 17 May 1940 and was a box office failure. But the sandstorm scenes were well received by the audience.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

i didn't know twitch.tv existed in 1940

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
History
Evidence of anemia goes back more than 4000 years.

That's... that's all it says... :geno:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Migishu posted:

History
Evidence of anemia goes back more than 4000 years.

That's... that's all it says... :geno:

add [citation needed]

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

i thought that said something about the Amiga 4000

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

daft punk railroad posted:

i thought that said something about the Amiga 4000
lol nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

In 2014, the American Folklife Center announced that Something Awful was one of the sites it would be archiving as part of its efforts to compile a history of digital culture

i suppose this is a worthless thing and it's on wikipedia

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
1911 – A 772 gram stony meteorite strikes the earth near Kilbourn, Wisconsin damaging a barn

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i suppose this is a worthless thing and it's on wikipedia

i read it as forklift center

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

prefect posted:

i found this, too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_wine

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Pringles#Brad_Pitt_was_in_a_Pringles_commercial._Get_used_to_it.
1000 word long discussion

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
For the Cambridge postal area, see CB postal area. For the fourth game in the Crash Bandicoot series, see Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. For the NBA basketball player, see Chris Bosh.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
An American dog, a Polish dog and a Soviet dog sit together. The American dog says 'In my country if you bark long enough, you will be heard and given some meat', the Polish dog replies 'What is "meat"?' and the Soviet dog says 'What is "bark"?'. This is a reference to the lack of free speech in the Soviet Union.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

An American dog, a Polish dog and a Soviet dog sit together. The American dog says 'In my country if you bark long enough, you will be heard and given some meat', the Polish dog replies 'What is "meat"?' and the Soviet dog says 'What is "bark"?'. This is a reference to the lack of free speech in the Soviet Union.

i hope that last sentence is a link to an article about how explaining jokes ruins them

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Breasts above an E70 bra size but below a G75 are considered to be "kyonyū", after which point they are called "bakunyū" (縛乳).[6]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Leck posted:

Breasts above an E70 bra size but below a G75 are considered to be "kyonyū", after which point they are called "bakunyū" (縛乳).[6]

checks out