Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Well, he's making an announcement.

I'm wondering if the purple in the press release's logo was deliberate and he's announcing an independent, Perot-style run. Which would be glorious.

Whether it's peddling bullshit that smells good to his target market or just huffing his own farts for so long he actually believes it I can't tell the difference anymore, but this is precisely the kind of hubris I expect from the Trump. He'll be "a man of the people" giving them what they want, freedom from the political parties oppressing them. Just get on your personal jetliner and come to my latest rally, citizens of America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
26% of Americans aren't too sure about this new-fangled "heliocentrism" business.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh man, its going to suck when they find out where the sun is located in our own galaxy....

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I find it more scary that <50% knew that anitbiotics are ineffective against virus.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

LorneReams posted:

I find it more scary that <50% knew that anitbiotics are ineffective against virus.
It's hardly surprising: wide swaths of this country actively deny evolution, it follows that their knowledge of microbiology is effectively nil.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

LorneReams posted:

A growing number of the country believes essential oils and acupunture cure diseases.

People are idiots.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

A growing number of the country believes essential oils and acupunture cure diseases.

People are idiots.

We could take the next step and convince them blood root balms prevent skin cancer and acne.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I know it is probably negligible, but I'd love to know the number who answered everything wrong ironically.

Still...I weep for these people. :(

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CommieGIR posted:

People are idiots.

A lady I work with is like this. She even makes her own colloidal silver water at home and drinks it at work. She claims she hasn't been sick since she started on the oils and the silver and won't hear any of it when I try to tell her that correlation is not equal to causation.

She hasn't started turning blue yet but I wonder how she'll react when it starts.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

So according to that article, 34% of Europeans don't either?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Well, he's making an announcement.

I'm wondering if the purple in the press release's logo was deliberate and he's announcing an independent, Perot-style run. Which would be glorious.
If he does and sticks around for the general, I hope we see crazy things like Hillary taking Georgia and Arizona. It would be a bloodbath.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "When you see her on a stage or when she comes into a room full of people, she's smiling with her mouth, but her eyes are saying, you know, 'Where's my latte?'" ~ Mitt Romney, on Hillary Clinton.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "When you see her on a stage or when she comes into a room full of people, she's smiling with her mouth, but her eyes are saying, you know, 'Where's my latte?'" ~ Mitt Romney, on Hillary Clinton.

That's rich.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

:rimshot:

Though Mitt probably doesn't know the pleasures of a good latte.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

John Rogers, Crazification Factor.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gravel Gravy posted:

As a good Mo, no he likely doesn't.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Joementum posted:

Well, can you blame her? A good latte is the best way to stay awake and alive during the day. I think about where my latte is constantly. :colbert:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

"Look at how fat that fat loving gently caress is. Jesus Christ have a salad, you bloated slug-like tubbaguts."
-Jabba the Hutt, on Chris Christie

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gravel Gravy posted:

He couldn't possibly know, drinking a latte would clog his circuits.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Hillary Clinton can relate to the plight of the everyday American that craves a cup of coffee while being stuck in interminable meetings with lots of people. A Good Quote.

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

I'm glad at least NPR is absolutely clear about which answers are right and wrong. CNN or Fox would have said "26% believe sun revolves around Earth" and left it at that.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Recycle Bin posted:

I'm glad at least NPR is absolutely clear about which answers are right and wrong. CNN or Fox would have said "26% believe sun revolves around Earth" and left it at that.

We report, you decide. :smug:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gravel Gravy posted:

We report, you decide. :smug:

Obviously the jury is still out on this Copernican "theory" and we should hold off teaching it in schools until it's Copernican FACT.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Obviously the jury is still out on this Copernican "theory" and we should hold off teaching it in schools until it's Copernican FACT.

Copernicus was a heretic.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Copernicus was a heretic.

And Kepler got excommunicated. Obviously not a trustworthy individual. *Turns on GPS*

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

What would a Mormon know of coffee?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Joementum posted:

OK there, Dale Cooper.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Mitt has tasted coffee ice cream, the technical proscription is against 'hot' drinks.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

McDowell posted:

Mitt has tasted coffee ice cream, the technical proscription is against 'hot' drinks.

So Joseph Smith knew anyone who followed him likely couldn't be trusted not to scald themselves. Are there similar proscriptions against pointy objects and shoelaces?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Talmonis posted:

So Joseph Smith knew anyone who followed him likely couldn't be trusted not to scald themselves. Are there similar proscriptions against pointy objects and shoelaces?

The magical glasses that translated the holy golden tablets in secret for ol Smithy never revealed any of that before they were whisked away to heaven never to be seen again. They did reveal the holy underwear though.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Maybe he thinks that coffee is also wet and good?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

But are these lattes the right height?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So how are lattes "elitist" when they're the staple beverage of the number one beverage chain in the US (world?)?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Radbot posted:

So how are lattes "elitist" when they're the staple beverage of the number one beverage chain in the US (world?)?

It's not the latte, it's her dead eyes as she longs for it.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radbot posted:

"Latte sipping liberal" has been a conservative pejorative for a while now. They usually insinuate that it's somehow effeminate and unmanly.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4-vEwD_7Hk

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Holy poo poo, every time I think someone on the right has shown an astounding lack of self-awareness, someone comes along and tops it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

McDowell posted:

I thought it was against caffeine specifically? But it's against hot drinks? Does soup count as a drink?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

Latte-sipping liberal weeny manifests as a conservative straw man. Never mind the fact that a latte represents real American capitalism.

Also probably something about FEMALES working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Who What Now posted:

I thought it was against caffeine specifically? But it's against hot drinks? Does soup count as a drink?

No, caffeine is not mentioned. Mormonism prohibits "wine, strong drink, tobacco, and hot drink"

The LDS authorities have decided that hot drink refers specifically and exclusively to coffee and tea.

• Locked thread