Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still want to be the dog but this looks super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

sout posted:

Fallout 4's at the xbox stream, but are they showing anything new?

Couple excerpts from a side quest it seems. Action's looking good. Miles ahead of their other stuff for sure.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Couple bits of new footage. New news is Xbox One will be able to use mods from PC.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Zeron posted:

Couple bits of new footage. New news is Xbox One will be able to use mods from PC.

My friend just bought a PS4, partly for playing Fallout 4. Heh.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

sout posted:

My friend just bought a PS4, partly for playing Fallout 4. Heh.

He can't actually be your friend if you let him go through with that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Don't be surprised if ps4 announces the same thing later today.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeron posted:

wat

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Schurik posted:

He can't actually be your friend if you let him go through with that.

He's playing the Witcher 3 right now. He wasn't going to get a PC anyway.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I never understood the whinging about how empty and boring New Vegas' world felt. Have any of you actually been in that part of the country? It's pretty goddamned boring and desolate. Obsidian had to do some weird tricks with the geography to make it all fit into such a small area, but I always felt that it was quite faithful to the Mojave setting.

I went on a bit of a New Vegas tour last summer. A friend and I rented a car, headed north and through the city, then NE past Nellis AFB, hiked in Valley of Fire state park (not in the game), then took the perimeter road running parallel to Lake Mead, took a dip in Rogers Spring (not in the game) then drove west through the mountains past Henderson and back to the city. The following day we did Red Rock Canyon. The developers definitely got the look and feel of the Mojave. I remember reading how some of the designers had traveled the area on motorcycle in order to appreciate the full experience.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

Super Mutants can close their mouths now!!!!!

Which TF2 mod is this

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Schurik posted:

I've played 1 and 2 perhaps 6 or 7 times each and I never used that thing.

it almost never worked anyway.

Phlegmish posted:

Which TF2 mod is this

tf2 has much better graphics fidelity and art direction

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 15, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Please tell me there is an option for iron sights in the game

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
My fave part of the trailer was when he disassembled a whole house in one click.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Please tell me there is an option for iron sights in the game

there is, it's in the 2 minute gameplay trailer with music

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Explosives character running around Boston

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pressure_cooker

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Zeron posted:

There's no way FOSE or anything that requires it will be on the XBox though.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wiseblood posted:

There's no way FOSE or anything that requires it will be on the XBox though.

That might not even be necessary to use anymore.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Deakul posted:

That might not even be necessary to use anymore.

Because?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Because?

The POWER... of the XBOX One.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Minorkos posted:

there is, it's in the 2 minute gameplay trailer with music
Thank god, that is the worst part for me trying to replay FO3

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rinkles posted:

Because?

Because it's a new game and they supposedly enhanced the engine a lot and are adding features that, in mod form, all needed script extenders in games like FO3 or even Skyrim?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

FO4SE will be essential for most PC mods and won't be compatible with the Xbone, I guarantee it. Not unless the new Creation Kit actually comes with a much more expanded set of script libraries.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

SIR, YOUR FAMILY IS DEAD

A: Happy
B: Sad
X: Trade
Y: Melancholy witticism

edit: huh, wrong thread, still applies

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Which thread did you want to post to?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Schurik posted:

Which thread did you want to post to?

The New Vegas one where someone mentioned the prologue drama being cheap

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I still think the protagonist is a replicant and the reason Mr. M'lady McFedoraTipper from Vault-Tec wanted your SPECIAL stats so they could accurately recreate the protagonist.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I still think the protagonist is a replicant and the reason Mr. M'lady McFedoraTipper from Vault-Tec wanted your SPECIAL stats so they could accurately recreate the protagonist.

I doubt it but that sure would be neato.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Deakul posted:

Because it's a new game and they supposedly enhanced the engine a lot and are adding features that, in mod form, all needed script extenders in games like FO3 or even Skyrim?

They might as well include it. I mean, the script extender guys already said that they weren't going to charge for it, so it isn't like Bethesda is going to make any money by not increasing the capabilities of mods by themselves.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Why not the obvious answer. The vault have some type of cryostasis tech, so the people there have a experience of weeks and not years inside the vault.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm just not sure why people in this thread get so mad when someone suggests that Bethesda should expend more effort into making a good plot and role-playing. Why would I play a game for long if I'm not engaged with what's going on in it? The shooting seems better, but that won't carry the game like it did in games like Quake and Unreal. I like a lot of what I've seen, but the limited dialog and voiced protagonist makes me think there's not going to be much to do asides from shooting people.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Zeron posted:

This is the sound of that paid mods are coming. Mark my words.

They already tried it once with Skyrim it didn't work because of the fuckery of that community but a new game, hell yes lets make some free DLC dollars.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
I am going to buy this and enjoy it because fallout games are good and fun to play. Can somebody please write an essay about why I am wrong and not a sensible person please.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mr Cuddles posted:

I am going to buy this and enjoy it because fallout games are good and fun to play. Can somebody please write an essay about why I am wrong and not a sensible person please.

How does it feel to incentive the literal raping of a beloved video game series?????

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tormented posted:

They already tried it once with Skyrim it didn't work because of the fuckery of that community but a new game, hell yes lets make some free DLC dollars.

"Mods created on the PC, will be able to be transferred, played and shared, for free - on Xbox One. #Fallout4 #E32015"

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/610491547595902977

LMAO if that means you have to pay for mods on PC while they're free on XBone.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Deakul posted:

The Script Extenders adds new functions that Bethesda didn't add because they simply had no need for them while developing the game. Unless Bethesda is willing to take requests for functions from modders and patch these into the game, the script extenders will continue to be a thing.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

frajaq posted:

How does it feel to incentive the literal raping of a beloved video game series?????

If I enjoy it in the privacy of my own house am I still part of (fallout) rape culture?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
PC Master Race laid low by the Arsenal of Contard-ocracy :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope they replace bottlecaps with Patriots Superbowl rings for the regional currency.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Tormented posted:

This seems to tie in more with their crappy Bethesda.net thing they're dragging out. Honestly, i don't care so long as it can be safely ignored.

On another note: Someone was talking about fishpeople a couple pages back. This made me realise how many stupid elder gods and Cthiulu jokes and/or quests we are going to need to endure. I can tell you now, any quest in involving demon worship will just end with everyone being shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

frajaq posted:

You are a horrible person

You are all horrible person good God I want the game industry to die so much so that none of you have any games to ever play again because you don't deserve any putrid scum.

• Locked thread