Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
In one of the behind the cartoon videos, Kelly talks about how his son never calls and that big brother programs turn kids into sissies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My guess: Kelly has been married twice. He had a son with the first wife whom he quickly walked out on. He never called, visited, or supported his kid emotionally/financially yet still feels like his son owes him love and respect. Sometime later he married his second wife and he's still married to her now but they clearly hate each other.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
No, really, I _know_ I've seen one where Kelly's father walked out on him.
Edit: But no, looking back, yeah that's clearly Young Kelly.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Warcabbit posted:

No, really, I _know_ I've seen one where Kelly's father walked out on him.

Like father like son?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Cartoonist does not grasp what "group of seven" means.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I read it as Kelly's the dad in both panels, in the first panel young Kelly ditches his kids (clothes look late-70s, dad has same moustache in both panels), second panel older Kelly looks at the phone, those ungrateful shits don't call him for father's day, after all he did for them teaching them life lessons and how to be empowered and take charge

e: Should've refreshed the page

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The question is, why doesn't the house in the first panel have a weathervane.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
They never should've meddled in God's domain and genetically engineered a super-liberal. Now only Chris Pratt can save us.

Rall is pissed that even millennial graduates with few prospects make more money than he does.

Beeler has a point, since when does selling something legal count as a job?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

this was made by a goon, right?

mad whitey, the shaking of the fist/hunched stance, the thought bubble is goatse, etc

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I will never get tired of mad whitey.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bad Reporter might be the best cartoon posted in this thread, but The Continuing Misadventures of Mad Whitey is a close second.

Internet Webguy posted:

They never should've meddled in God's domain and genetically engineered a super-liberal. Now only Chris Pratt can save us.

I'd vote for Chris Pratt as President.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

albany academy posted:

this was made by a goon, right?

mad whitey, the shaking of the fist/hunched stance, the thought bubble is goatse, etc

No, Eric Semelroth apparently only does Mad Whitey cartoons anymore. For he has achieved perfection.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a crop-duster, and the weird design made it easy to load up (just drive a truck up to the back) and so it could dump a massive heap of poo poo on the fields without dramatically changing its centre of mass (which can gently caress up the flight dynamics a lot) :eng101:

I really love that plane, I thought it was a fictional creation until someone who knows more about movies than I do told me it's a real airplane. It's goofy and I still love it, it's function over form, which is nice to see when everything from cars to power tools are designed to be "sexy" rather than work well.

Yes, please, yes, leave us "on our own" from your criminal depredations and violence just like the NYPD did. "Go away, and never come back!"

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

After The War posted:

No, Eric Semelroth apparently only does Mad Whitey cartoons anymore. For he has achieved perfection.

Some of those are retraced/recolored, like the Gay marriage one and the Gay marriage: Ireland edition. Still, it makes me laugh every time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Nancy Pelosi led the president’s own party in defeating a key part of his free trade legislation on Friday. The deal would have provided money and training for workers displaced by the Trans Pacific Partnership – Obama Trade.

Republicans Boehner and Ryan are switch hitting for the president on Obama Trade. They want “fast track” authority which would allow him to negotiate in secret with Asian governments. The House would then vote up or down on the final trade deal with no amendments.

The bill itself is so secret congressmen are only allowed to see it in a basement reading room. One page at a time. With no notes leaving the room. Some notes must have left the room because details of the bill are being made public by Wikileaks.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

It's funny that these people are being all "traitorous RINOs, trying to pass this bill and give Obummer more kingly powers!! :argh:" because this is such a goddamn free trade, big-business-friendly bill that conservatives would usually be all over (which, in congress, some of them are). It just shows how much of their opinions just boil down to "is thing related to Obama?"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

albany academy posted:

the thought bubble is goatse, etc

Obviously not made by a goon, as there's no ring.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bok:

quote:

Republicans Boehner and Ryan are switch hitting for the president on Obama Trade.

Holy smokes, are these people dim. Obama has VERY MUCH GONE TO BAT FOR THE TRADE BILL if you paid any inkling of attention to the news. poo poo, Bok. This stuff isn't hard.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

alnilam posted:

It's funny that these people are being all "traitorous RINOs, trying to pass this bill and give Obummer more kingly powers!! :argh:" because this is such a goddamn free trade, big-business-friendly bill that conservatives would usually be all over (which, in congress, some of them are). It just shows how much of their opinions just boil down to "is thing related to Obama?"

ObamaTrade!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Obama walks on water, AGC.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I love Mad Whitey.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

D.N. Nation posted:

Bok:

Holy smokes, are these people dim. Obama has VERY MUCH GONE TO BAT FOR THE TRADE BILL if you paid any inkling of attention to the news. poo poo, Bok. This stuff isn't hard.

Yes and Obama bad therefore people on the same side bad.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

as appropriate as ever

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mad Whitey is the pinnacle of political cartooning.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

What's this about? Did Hope Solo abuse a partner or something?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

Mad Whitey is the pinnacle of political cartooning.

New thread title?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Hey it's been a while since we had something really awful, let's have this post shared from the "Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride" Facebook group, which a friend of mine found and shared because holy poo poo look at it:

I hope to share this and then never think about that Facebook group ever again. I like how this person's dystopian nightmare vision of the future is a non-cis woman using a woman's restroom, AND THEM NOT BEING ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT :byodood: :byodood: :byodood: Truly, this is the end times Jesus warned us about.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The real horror is no stalls and toilets angled away from the door.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Xanderkish posted:

Hey it's been a while since we had something really awful, let's have this post shared from the "Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride" Facebook group, which a friend of mine found and shared because holy poo poo look at it:

I hope to share this and then never think about that Facebook group ever again. I like how this person's dystopian nightmare vision of the future is a non-cis woman using a woman's restroom, AND THEM NOT BEING ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT :byodood: :byodood: :byodood: Truly, this is the end times Jesus warned us about.

A trans-man is forced to use the women's restroom even though he identifies as a man and in his frustration he makes a sarcastic comment. AGC
Alternately
Two women drawn in completely different styles walk into an occupied bathroom that's clearly designed for a single person to use at a time and start talking poo poo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Magna Carta's 800th anniversary – David Cameron today said a new UK bill of rights will ‘safeguard the legacy’ of Magna Carta on the 800th anniversary of the signing of the charter"

Telegraph:

Georgia flood: Tbilisi residents warned over zoo animals after devastating flood

Independent:

Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn completes the line-up

Times:

Elite firms 'exclude bright working class'

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Xanderkish posted:

Mommy, why is there a toilet in the hallway!?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

.Edward Penischin posted:

Mommy, why is there a toilet in the hallway!?

Mommy, why are your pupils completely dilated?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

edit: removed old Day By Day posted in error. I beg your forgiveness.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 16, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Okay this one definitely isn't new, I would never forget "c'mon girl, GIT" being used as an opening line on a first date and John Bolton being namedropped as a sex symbol

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Kakairo posted:

Her sister and nephew, or something like that. No one cares because its women's soccer, but yeah, she's definitely not a good person.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Why are you posting a month-old DBD?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kakairo posted:

Not a partner. Probably a nephew?

And from the way he tells it she's like a T-1000 level ball of anger.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

Okay, that's pretty funny. I like the box of baking soda and Uncle Sam being recognizable only by his boxer shorts.

• Locked thread