Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

Following in his father's footsteps as "The Education President."

Is our children improving their performance metrics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Mom, can you ask them to sit down please?"

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

"17 months until the time of choosing"

Election 2016: Hunger Games Edition

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
"That's all they got left" - a Bush

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

trapped mouse posted:

Has Jeb Bush always been this pro-education?

If by pro education you mean buying standardized tests from his brother's company and also making people do more standardized tests which he bought from his brother's company

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I like this bit about how President Jeb! is going to really show those liberals in Congress by vetoing all their spending bills.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 15, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I didn't realize Jeb was a boring robot version of Dubya.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
No mention of immigration in the prepared remarks. :laffo:

Never change, Republican Party. :allears:

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Awkwardly having to creep through mentions of Baltimore.

This man looks much more uncomfortable than a solid handful of his competitors.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

To be honest I feel Jeb is more like his father than his brother. It's Rick Perry channeling the ghost of George W for this race.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

To be honest I feel Jeb is more like his father than his brother. It's Rick Perry channeling the ghost of George W for this race.

Jeb's the smart one who decided to sit out 2000 when he was asked first, thus giving us W.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

comes along bort posted:

Jeb's the smart one who decided to sit out 2000 when he was asked first, thus giving us W.

Well...I mean, W had been gov 6 years vs 2. I always thought that's why W got pushed out first.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Jeb's leery smiling face reminds me of an evil South Park character and I can't possibly be the only one who sees or notices that.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Immigration surprise attack.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What happened?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Rubio, you see how he just drank water while looking human? Take note!

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Beforehand posted:

Jeb's leery smiling face reminds me of an evil South Park character and I can't possibly be the only one who sees or notices that.

There's something I can't quite place and it's kinda making me crazy. Something about how his eyes look behind the glasses, especially when he blinks.

It is a cartoon character, though.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rear end cobra posted:

What happened?

Some protesters started an immigration chant, prompting Jeb to say, "The next President of the United States will pass meaningful immigration reform."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
"It's nobody's turn to be president"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Joementum posted:

Some protesters started an immigration chant, prompting Jeb to say, "The next President of the United States will pass meaningful immigration reform."

Glad to hear that Hillary will finally solve the issue.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
UPTOWN FUNK

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Both Bush and Clinton seem pretty shook by Rubio.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

hahaha

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Somehow I knew who authored that post prior to the 0.1 seconds it took to look slightly left and confirm.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I love that the only thing trending about Jeb is #nomorebushes

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Arkane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP1z0MiAvx0

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Arkane posted:

I have to say, it is nice to see your previous fixation with no-hope candidate John Huntsman wasn't a one-off thing. Keep reachin' for that rainbow, buddy.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Von Sloneker posted:

There's something I can't quite place and it's kinda making me crazy. Something about how his eyes look behind the glasses, especially when he blinks.

It is a cartoon character, though.

It's the awkward combination of a glare and a smile. The Gary Condit on South Park always had that face, but obviously Bush's isn't as extreme as the cartoon version.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arkane posted:

Both had their campaign strategies premised on the ability to just ignore the immigration issue. That meant wrapping up the nomination early to avoid having to pander to teabagger lunatics who are happy to describe immigrants as vermin, and Hillary going all DLC and refusing to draw a distinction between herself and the Republican nominee on immigration.

Neither is happening. Both are going to be hosed up the same way Romney was, they'll be forced to loudly pander to their party's bigot base as their general election chances sink.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I have to say, it is nice to see your previous fixation with no-hope candidate John Huntsman wasn't a one-off thing. Keep reachin' for that rainbow, buddy.

If one of Walker or Rubio wasn't running, they'd stand a half-decent chance against Jeb.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Does anyone have a link to the recent article that reviewed all the campaign logos? I thought it was on Bloomberg, but I can't find it now.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The Insect Court posted:

Both had their campaign strategies premised on the ability to just ignore the immigration issue. That meant wrapping up the nomination early to avoid having to pander to teabagger lunatics who are happy to describe immigrants as vermin, and Hillary going all DLC and refusing to draw a distinction between herself and the Republican nominee on immigration.

Neither is happening. Both are going to be hosed up the same way Romney was, they'll be forced to loudly pander to their party's bigot base as their general election chances sink.

What are you talking about? Hillary is particularly and especially taking a reformist stance on immigration. Avoiding discussion of immigration has never been a Hillary campaign strategy this cycle.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

The Insect Court posted:

Hillary has been talking about immigration for awhile now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They will all come together for ROAD TO MAJORITY

This Wednesday through Saturday

http://www.roadtomajority.com/

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They will all come together for ROAD TO MAJORITY

This Wednesday through Saturday

http://www.roadtomajority.com/