Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Kessel posted:

I've seen way too many people defend a bad online game with "well I had fun shooting the poo poo with my friends".

No, you dolt, that just means you enjoy shooting the poo poo with your friends. It doesn't negate the fact that the game is bad

Come August you can shoot the poo poo for free!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Still worse then WoW , even with the collapse of it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

trigger warning plz

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kessel posted:

I've seen way too many people defend a bad online game with "well I had fun shooting the poo poo with my friends".

No, you dolt, that just means you enjoy shooting the poo poo with your friends. It doesn't negate the fact that the game is bad

I love these types of people, because they're basically paying $15 a month for what amounts to an IRC room.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Literally the entire playerbase, bots included.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

IPlayVideoGames posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Wildstar: Is that it?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

I love these types of people, because they're basically paying $15 a month for what amounts to an IRC room.

"The WarZ", a terrible ripoff of DayZ made by the same guys that made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rikTiT2OwqQ
had a goon thread with people defending it because they "had fun playing with goons for a few hours". The game was so bad valve actually removed it from steam.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
So, Wildstar is in the "E3 Digital Ticket" Humble Bundle, and they realized a little too late that maybe giving people game time for pennies a month was not a good idea

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

The Chairman posted:

So, Wildstar is in the "E3 Digital Ticket" Humble Bundle, and they realized a little too late that maybe giving people game time for pennies a month was not a good idea

Here's a key for the standard edition of wildstar! CGF7C09IJLA4ZJMGFNEM come play in the greatest mmo since vanilla wow!

Bought the humble bundle for warships extras and it's actually not a bad deal if you look past the wildstar poo poo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

worth mentioning you'll still get all the "owned the game" f2p benefits if you buy it for like a penny from humble bundle so that might be worthwhile for anyone interested

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

owned by the game more like

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

cthulhoo posted:

owned by the game more like

While that is a legit key I wouldn't recommend anyone using it. It's not worth it :v:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Carbine can't even do humble bundle keys right. The original description on the humble bundle website said that you could use the key on an existing account for a free 30 days, Carbine's twitter says that you could use the key on an existing account for a free 30 days but the system isn't working right, Carbine employees on their forums are saying that it was never intended that you be able to use the key to get 30 days and you should try to get a refund. :smaug:

edit: Okay that's a little mean, but it's still hilarious that even "being featured in a humble bundle" can't be an non-dramatic positive when it comes to Wildstar.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 15, 2015

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

that might be worthwhile for anyone interested

it's not

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Chairman posted:

That's loving hilarious, because allowing people to use the code on existing accounts might be a way to get lapsed players back to see if things improved (they haven't, but still).

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Whoa! That bag of garbage is only one penny? What savings! It's so cheap it must be worth just trying out!
*sniffs a bag of old garbage*

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
So, uh, how much am I going to regret talking a friend into trying this out with me now that the keys are practically free?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Anniversary posted:

So, uh, how much am I going to regret talking a friend into trying this out with me now that the keys are practically free?

I give you 3 hours before you leave.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Anniversary posted:

They probably wont consider you a friend from here on out to start.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Anniversary posted:

I imagine this person will very shortly cease to be your friend.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anniversary posted:

it is a fun game and a lot of the problems from launch are better now. not entirely fixed. people like to poo poo on it but you will probably have a good time

the f2p conversion is supposed to come with fixing some of the problems it still has but we'll see. dont play esper though its slow and not fun. everything else is good.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Kelp Plankton posted:

it is a fun game and a lot of the problems from launch are better now. not entirely fixed. people like to poo poo on it but you will probably have a good time

the f2p conversion is supposed to come with fixing some of the problems it still has but we'll see. dont play esper though its slow and not fun. everything else is good.

Does anything play like a DK tank? Other than going to play a DK in WoW...

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
this is gonna become goons pissing in a well, only replace the well with playing wildstar

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Agreeing with the above, that was about my experience during the free trial. "I wouldn't pay a sub fee for this but it seems okay and I'd keep playing it if it ever goes f2p." Not as good or polished as Guild Wars 2 - I ran into multiple weird bugs just during the trial period - but it does have good housing and playing sci-fi rather than fantasy for once is a nice change. I only played stalker though so I know nothing about any other classes.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 15, 2015

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Anniversary posted:

Does anything play like a DK tank? Other than going to play a DK in WoW...

Play a DK tank in WoW.

Engineer is close to an Unholy DK with their pet bots, but the pet AI in Wildstar is just like old school WoW, so if you want to relive the magic of your pets blundering into things and getting you killed, go for it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Oh, did they relent on the loyalty mount or is it still only for people who have been subscribed for the whole year of fun failure?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Anoia posted:

Oh, did they relent on the loyalty mount or is it still only for people who have been subscribed for the whole year of fun failure?

Nope, the only hard-core enough to give them money.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What's the most faceroll/fun class, I intend to get hammered and play this fucker to 50 with a buddy of mine who also hates themselves.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

What's the most faceroll/fun class, I intend to get hammered and play this fucker to 50 with a buddy of mine who also hates themselves.

Warrior is pretty drat faceroll-y.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Anoia posted:

A little birdie told me that it's less that they won't relent, and more that their engineers can't figure out a way to account for gaps or count non-consecutive time played

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

The Chairman posted:

A little birdie told me that it's less that they won't relent, and more that their engineers can't figure out a way to account for gaps or count non-consecutive time played

This is the company that cannot do rollback on their servers right? Sounds accurate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

play a warrior for sure. they can get pretty tanky and they do a lot of damage to a lot of things at once. giant swords and arm cannons are cool

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

theultimo posted:

This is the company that cannot do rollback on their servers right? Sounds accurate.

Timely reminder that they managed to gently caress things up so bad the public test realm would propagate changes to the live servers in addition to being absolutely, completely worthless for publicly testing patches since it was all ignored and pushed to live anyway.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Carbine employees on their forums are saying that it was never intended that you be able to use the key to get 30 days and you should try to get a refund. :smaug:

They did not tell people to demand a refund from a charity. No way, you gotta be having a giggle.

Please tell me you're joking.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Father Wendigo posted:

They did not tell people to demand a refund from a charity. No way, you gotta be having a giggle.

Please tell me you're joking.

quote:

We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience caused by the incorrect information briefly posted on our website. We understand that you may wish to have a refund and the Humble Bundle team will be able to help with that. Please reach out to their support team at

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

This has to be an elaborate (and also retardedly short-sighted) scheme to dump WildStar onto HumbleCo or declare bankruptcy when they get sued/cited for failing to uphold their contract. Becasue being lovely developers is one thing but this is a whole new ballgame of :stare:.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Using the code for $1 game time on my existing account didn't work, so I just used my 10 day trial.

I thought logging in during the birthday thing would get me counted for the items, but the news thing upon logging in says you have to be subscribed from today until the game goes F2P to get anything.

gently caress Carbine so hard.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anoia posted:

Using the code for $1 game time on my existing account didn't work, so I just used my 10 day trial.

I thought logging in during the birthday thing would get me counted for the items, but the news thing upon logging in says you have to be subscribed from today until the game goes F2P to get anything.

gently caress Carbine so hard.

the birthday items are granted to trial accounts. you should have them but you need to get them from the account item redemption thing in-game where you get your other account-wide stuff like the 2 factor auth mount and eyepatch.

the subscribe-until-f2p items are the caretaker DJ and the snoglug pet and that's different stuff

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

This has to be an elaborate (and also retardedly short-sighted) scheme to dump WildStar onto HumbleCo or declare bankruptcy when they get sued/cited for failing to uphold their contract. Becasue being lovely developers is one thing but this is a whole new ballgame of :stare:.

carbine log, shitdate 20150616: reached the bottom, started digging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Sometimes I feel like the entire history of MMOs has been leading to this thread.

• Locked thread