Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah then she asked if I was interested in a loving 350Z Vert...

"Can i interest Sir in a Dodge Ram 3500 with a 6.7 diesel?" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

How about just sucking it up and fixing your cobalt? Just fix the drat thing and drive it, trading it in and going into debt because you're frustrated with it is kinda dumb.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm thinking you should be posting in Business, Finance, and Careers and asking the goons if you should be doing this you shouldn't

Shopping by payment is where $40,000+ Altima leases come from :allears:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Because I am sick of throwing $300 at it every other week while it is still falling apart. Even if it gets to be 100% mechanically sound it will still always pull to the right and it will still have sheet rock screws holding the bumper together. I'm just sick of this piece of poo poo. I rather bail off this sinking ship ASAP because it is causing me nothing but grief and stress and I don't even like looking at her anymore. I can easily afford a $350/mo car loan. I can afford a $500/mo car loan but there is no loving way I am gonna go even remotely close to that.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Geoj posted:

Usually this is going to be a system administrator or engineer (title largely depends on the company), although to work in a datacenter you should be more of a jack of all trades rather than just a "set up and maintain servers" guy - they'll want someone with networking experience as well as storage and in some cases, electrical. Also decent paying jobs like this usually require years of experience as you're the guy overseeing the whole floor rather than just a set of eyes and hands replacing hardware or checking cables for someone else.

Jack of all trades/learning and applying poo poo super quick is what I do best. Bit of background I guess would help give an example; I used to work at a games studio. Initially this started out as a simple QA job, nothing really all that impressive. Then we started a new project that involved (for all intents and purposes) our first large scale multiplayer component. Nobody in the studio (with the exception of the networking programmer) actually knew how to setup up a clean room, how to test for the multitude of technical networking issues that can and do crop up, how to test for bandwidth needs, etc. All anyone knew was that we needed these things. On a whim I volunteered to investigate what it would take to set up a clean room, that quickly turned into me being in charge of setting up and building a clean room, writing all of the test cases, training about 14 dudes on how the hell xbox live, and PSN work and what can happen and how to read network console traces, and then the studio created a position for me out of it. I basically went from "I have a router at home, internet comes out of it" to "I wrote a script to switch everyone's IP between the internal network and the clean room, and tweaks the QOS tables accordingly. Just run it and it'll all go by itself. " inside about a month and a half. It was getting to the point where the studio IT guys were coming to me to ask about issues they were coming across with build farms and stuff.

In all honesty, apart from the level building and combat design stuff that came a bit later on doing the networking stuff was the most fun I had working in games.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Maksimus54 posted:

Is there a reason you're not buying something practical and fun?

Have you seen his posts?

He's like a younger TT or UF. Don't worry, we'll beat sense into him. It takes time, but it happens. See: TT and UF currently.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I drove a friend's 2013 300C on saturday and I was blown away by how nice that car was. And it's a loving Chrysler.

That's how they get you. They lure you in, and then WHAM! Its leaking coolant on the side of the Interstate and blowing raw gas out the exhaust while the transmission shits its innards onto the floor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

That's how they get you. They lure you in, and then WHAM! Its leaking coolant on the side of the Interstate and blowing raw gas out the exhaust while the transmission shits its innards onto the floor.

Oh I have no doubt. I was just blown away by the fit and finish of the interior, hard to believe it was a Chrysler and 2+ years old at that.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I really can't stand looking at bloated 4 door station wagons/hatchbacks, never mind owning one. If the ST came in a sedan I would have been considering it. Unless it's something like an A4 or an Evo I don't think I'd buy a 4 door car until I have kids. If I need to haul poo poo around I will buy a beater pickup truck in addition to the car.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I really can't stand looking at bloated 4 door station wagons/hatchbacks, never mind owning one. If the ST came in a sedan I would have been considering.

It's you. You are the reason America so rarely gets good hot hatches. Jerkface. :argh:

E: posting in AI that you'd rather have a sedan than a hatch/wagon is like posting in PI that you want a puppy mill dog instead of a shelter rescue, you just don't do it man.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

HotCanadianChick posted:

It's you. You are the reason America so rarely gets good hot hatches. Jerkface. :argh:

It's also us Europeans just denying you of having them. Because we can. :smug:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Because I am sick of throwing $300 at it every other week while it is still falling apart. Even if it gets to be 100% mechanically sound it will still always pull to the right and it will still have sheet rock screws holding the bumper together. I'm just sick of this piece of poo poo. I rather bail off this sinking ship ASAP because it is causing me nothing but grief and stress and I don't even like looking at her anymore. I can easily afford a $350/mo car loan. I can afford a $500/mo car loan but there is no loving way I am gonna go even remotely close to that.

Late 90s hondas are like $3,000 and they are truly "plugs and pads", god forbid you have to do the timing belt its like 2 hours of your time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I walk onto the tool truck to grab some gloves and pay my bill and Jeff goes hey check this out!

https://youtu.be/L-83qPqxib4

And I just realized I didn't remember to even ask how much and I don't care :radcat:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Late 90s hondas are like $3,000 and they are truly "plugs and pads", god forbid you have to do the timing belt its like 2 hours of your time.

Early 90's Hondas are like $300.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Apparently he bought this to "help some dumbass that keeps buying DSMs".

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I walk onto the tool truck to grab some gloves and pay my bill and Jeff goes hey check this out!

And I just realized I didn't remember to even ask how much and I don't care :radcat:

The British car shop I worked at had a bunch of that thing's little brothers (the little 1/4" impact drivers) and they were loving awesome and not a day goes by that I don't miss having one. Nice get

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Rhyno posted:

Early 90's Hondas are like $300.

this also

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I want one of these so bad now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Have you seen his posts?

He's like a younger TT or UF. Don't worry, we'll beat sense into him. It takes time, but it happens. See: TT and UF currently.

ironically i'm p sure that i'm younger than him

'91 crew represent :getin:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bape Culture posted:

Doesn't anyone have dog

I do, but I don't currently have any pics of him up on the interwebs.

General Wiggles posted:

I just saw Jurassic World last night, and while it is by no means comparable to the original, it's actually a pretty dang good movie on its own. Would recommend.

Yeah, it was definitely enjoyable. Local theater went to all reserved power recliners, so that helps.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Pug?

PUG?!

Pug.

Nope. Not a one of those cars is a Peugeot.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Why does Furiosa bang the sand out of an air filter (after the sandstorm) on the War Rig if it is supercharged with hood intakes?

I noticed that, too. I applauded them for, you know, actually doing something logical as far as the air filter after a dust storm, then realized what you did. +1, -1, net sum, 0.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MustardFacial posted:

...In all honesty, apart from the level building and combat design stuff that came a bit later on doing the networking stuff was the most fun I had working in games.

If you like networking, get your CCNA. Work towards CCNP, and then you can look into CCNE and its subspecialties.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I want one of these so bad now.

Also for anyone who might actually consider it, the rocker switch is so linear that I was able to put on a bunch of plastic 10mm undershield retainer nuts perfectly fine, then rip out caliper bracket bolts.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

E: posting in AI that you'd rather have a sedan than a hatch/wagon is like posting in PI that you want a puppy mill dog instead of a shelter rescue, you just don't do it man.

Hey, I like my massive Crown Vic sedan!

Speaking of which, I bought these:

And put one on said Crown Vic:

Yes, I am a nerd. There's a Stark Industries sticker on the other side.

Oh, and a few things spotted while junkyarding:

This was on a Jeep Cherokee we were scavenging from:

And this thing was just lying around. For scale, that starter is something like 14-16" long.

Turbocharged Detroit Diesel. Someone already got the compressor housing, but it was complete to the transmission other than that. Just lying there in the dirt.
I think it's an 8V72T, but I'm not that knowledgeable on big diesels.

edit: I kind of want a smaller version of that flying pig for the Crown Vic...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

An Australian White Supremacist has been busted by the police for selling weed to local Aborigines. Here's his garage:

:stare:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

A guy in France wants to buy my Crown Vic, but he'd like to know when it was manufactured because cars over 30 years pay much lower customs in France. It's a 1986... but they would have started building the 1986es in 1985, so it could possibly hit the 30 year mark. The manufacture date should be on the sticker inside the door frame, but as I discovered while looking for the paint code, that sticker is missing. Is there anywhere else I'd be able to find the actual manufacture date on the car?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Where did those ride eternal stickers come from? Pretty sure that's a necessity for me to put on everything with wheels that I own.

^ I have no idea if they would have this for an old crown Vic, but check online for a VIN lookup/registry or call Ford?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

An Australian White Supremacist has been busted by the police for selling weed to local Aborigines. Here's his garage:

:newlol:

Holy poo poo some things are international.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Australia wants the ConFed flag loving nuts they can have all of them. Where do I mail the check to get a Southern US family relocated to Aussieland?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Quite A Tool posted:

Where did those ride eternal stickers come from? Pretty sure that's a necessity for me to put on everything with wheels that I own.

^ I have no idea if they would have this for an old crown Vic, but check online for a VIN lookup/registry or call Ford?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/hypetees/shop/stickers?ref=portfolio_product_refinement

specifically:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/hypetees/works/14496227-mad-max-skull?p=sticker
http://www.redbubble.com/people/miketheginger94/works/15133546-mad-max-warboy-skull-wheel?grid_pos=2&p=sticker
and
http://www.redbubble.com/people/miketheginger94/works/15144180-mad-max-warboy-skull-wheel-ride-eternal-shiny-and-chrome?grid_pos=1&p=sticker

The guy that did the last two has a bunch of variations.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/miketheginger94/portfolio

With that size sticker, if you buy 6, they're half-price (because of the way they print, I guess,) so my batch was like $6.

Oh, and this search is useful for these:
http://www.redbubble.com/shop/warboys+stickers

Have a lovely day!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

You Am I posted:

Wow. That's very... Southern. Right down to the Trans-Am.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm about to have a meltdown. Even after I kick useless people to the curb they still find a way to cause headaches. Who's hiring where there's no weather because I need to get the gently caress out of here.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

To be fair, $8k is out of your price range.

:boom:

Sorry, I have no other contributions.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I picked up Road Redemption yesterday. It seems like it could be an AI kind of game. I'm sure it'll go on sale again. I have yet to boot it up (trying to finish some other games first) but the reviews look positive.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

You Am I posted:

Even the fan on the upper right has swastikas on. That's some commitment right there.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Tusen Takk posted:

ironically i'm p sure that i'm younger than him

'91 crew represent :getin:

my man :whatup:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

You Am I posted:

Are you sure that he's a white supremacist? We can't be entirely sure.

(here in America, some dude in Dallas, Texas, who literally fits the bill as a "terrorist", shot at the cops and had pipe bombs and poo poo on him was called "courageous and brave" by a CNN reporter)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

If Australia wants the ConFed flag loving nuts they can have all of them. Where do I mail the check to get a Southern US family relocated to Aussieland?

You send even one of them down here, I will come up there and knife you in the dickhole.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

Queensland. It's Australia's Deep South, but up north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Turbocharged Detroit Diesel. Someone already got the compressor housing, but it was complete to the transmission other than that. Just lying there in the dirt.
I think it's an 8V72T, but I'm not that knowledgeable on big diesels.

:stare: I'd buy that in a heartbeat for no real reason.

Phone posted:

(here in America, some dude in Dallas, Texas, who literally fits the bill as a "terrorist", shot at the cops and had pipe bombs and poo poo on him was called "courageous and brave" by a CNN reporter)

Imagine if he was black, or lord forbid, Muslim!

Seriously pissed about the media treatment of that little incident.

• Locked thread